PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2 CSX cars and parts fs

CSX173
03-28-2011, 06:21 AM
I may regret this later but I am considering selling my one owner '87 csx #173 and my '88 CSX-T #739 together with way too many parts to mention (I'll have to take inventory) for one price to make garage space and a down payment on a pink challenger. For those of you that know me, give me a call and we can discuss. I will not part out this stuff. I have no time to even consider such an undertaking. I'm thinking $8K is a fair price for everything. The 87 is a show winner and garage kept 8 of 10. The 88 I drive every day. Pretty rough by my standards but all Shelby items are there. Serious inquiries only. Use baltrusaitist@att.net for quickest response.

CSX173
04-01-2011, 05:46 PM
OK. I'm getting more serious about this. $8K for everything is a steal. I have at least $3K in parts. The '87 is mint. I have EVERY part to make this car numbers matching except the spark plug wires and battery. Even the CV joint boots, belts, hoses, etc. with proper date codes. Just a couple of parts needed for a concourse resto. probably more numbers matching parts than 99.5% of any CSX out there. The '88 needs a little body work and paint, but I did add a $500 Griffin radiator and a Daytona intercooler. I think i still have the original radiator, if you want to go back from T2 to T1. The T2 piping I have, but I haven't installed it yet. It also has brand new KYB shocks & struts, New axles, replaced jackshaft and both front wheel bearing / hub assemblies. No more vibrations. You could eat off the bottom of the '88 before I undercoated it. I will be posting photos soon, but the local Dodge dealership has told me to bring them both by and they may trade. I am practically giving these cars away for the money invested in them. The '87 hasn't been on the road for 2 years. Just sit and looks pretty. heck, I may even include the trophies it has won with the sale. As for the parts, I have 4 centurions, 6 LeMans and a couple other wheels, a couple of tires, a couple of turbos, a block, some NOS stuff, some nearly perfect heads with the '87 date code, a good auto trans (why, IDK), radios, logic modules, custom parts, shelby valve covers, shelby steering wheels, Shelby decals (sets of body decals, underhood decals, Mobil 1 tags) etc. Shelby specific trim parts, and even a bunch of the original seat material for the '87. If you paid $8K for the cars, you would be getting all these parts for free. Photos to be posted soon, but I have been working 7 days a week on this new FIAT 500 engine production line for about a year now. Kinda hard to keep up. First guy (or gal) with $8K will be very happy they met me. If the stealership makes me a good enough offer, you will eventually find all the parts for sale on ebay.

CSX173
04-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Took the '87 to the dealer yesterday to see if they would give me what I want to trade. I may try again Monday. They were not very fair on the price. I may just keep it and continue to try and del it here. If I split this stuff up, I will raise prices to compensate my time spent. This is a great deal as is. $7500 Takes it all. Final offer before stuff goes to eBay.

Orangetona
04-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Something that may help this here. Are you willing to separate the cars?

GLHNSLHT2
04-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Something that would definately help is some pics. Not everyone knows the cars.

CSX173
04-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Pics coming soon. Did the white car Saturday. Gotta get the black one done first time the freaking sun comes out up here. If I get no takers as a package deal, I will split everything up. But, it will cost more. Right now, I would say bottom line is $4500 for the csx and $2500 for the T. If I can take the rad and if out of the T and put stock rad back in, maybe $2250 for the T. So, if you bought the package, you would essentially be getting a couple grand of top shelf parts for free. Sell on eBay and the cars would be yours for cheap.

STEVE B
04-04-2011, 05:51 PM
I would like to know more info on the 1987 CSX. How many miles are on it. How are the seats? Is all the rubber seals and trim in good shape? How long have you had this car? What have you all done to it since you owned it? I had e-mail you before from my work address about this car and for pictures.
Thanks
Steve

CSX173
04-04-2011, 06:39 PM
137,277 miles. Rebuilt at about 90,000 miles. All rubber is like new, even the tires and window scrapers. Entire interior is mint. I have added a different turbo and exhaust manifold (still have original), K&N filter, and Gary Donnovan inspired Logic module chip. That's it. I have some photos from SDAC-18 where it won 2nd place. Those are the most recent. I will take some later this week and post them with the white car. Also, parts pics to come too. Just hard to do working 7 days a week. If you cough up a little extra, you will not regret it. The CSX-T is numbers matching with all the Shelby stuff there too. I even have the original set of Monroe Formula GPs that came off it. The CSX has Konis on it now. You will not be dissapointed.

88CSX-T
04-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Hohum.... another non-descriptive ad, with too many parts to mention.............................. So how do we know what we're buying if you don't want to mention the " too many" parts?????????????????????????? Would you buy something that you had no idea of what you were paying for?????????????No photos of the cars, not even pictures of the piles of parts, so we can at least do a visual inventory.........

plymouth
04-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Hohum.... another non-descriptive ad, with too many parts to mention.............................. So how do we know what we're buying if you don't want to mention the " too many" parts?????????????????????????? Would you buy something that you had no idea of what you were paying for?????????????No photos of the cars, not even pictures of the piles of parts, so we can at least do a visual inventory.........
Just needed
:needpics1:

CSX173
04-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Pics are finally up. http://ecoreeftechnologies.com/PhotoAlbums/Shelbys. About 20 of each car. If ya want something more specific. I may take a few requests. As for the guy that doesn't believe me about the parts, the cars are worth it by themselves. Like I said, parts would be free anyway, so even if all you got was a decal, you would be ahead. But, if nobody purchases this as a package deal, I will split up the cars, they will cost as much as I am already asking, and I will sell the parts on ebay. I had a buddy drop by and told me I had well over 2 grand in parts and I shouldn't even include them. But, I wanted to be lazy and get rid of everything at once. A helpful hint would be that you better bring a U-Haul. I mentioned some of what I have earlier.

5DIGITS
04-08-2011, 07:15 PM
PM sent.

Thanks.

dodgeshadowchik
04-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Wow... those look in good shape. GLWS! Wish I had some extra monies!

CSX173
04-09-2011, 04:58 PM
If it makes a difference, I have the original window sticker (laminated since it was getting old), all Shelby documentation including dealer checkoff sheet, owner's manual, and service manual supplement, and a full set of 1987 service manuals that will go with #173. Like I said, all that is missing are date coded spark plug wires and a date coded battery.

CSX173
04-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Here is the start of all of the parts that come with the cars. I will have photos posted later this afternoon. This is just the stuff that was easy to get to. I have lots more, and most of the rest of it is more desirable, because it is Shelby specific. Here we go: 6 Lemans wheels with 4 centercaps for the '88 CSX-T. 4 extra Centurions for the CSX. I think I have the centercaps too. The entire plastic interior trim panel set from a CSX in good condition. All the trunk fabric and trim from a CSX. Window quarter glass from a CSX and Shadow convertible. Full set of door trim from a 1987 Shadow in very good condition. The door only trim pieces from a CSX. A leBra that fits a Shadow (not a CSX). The 1987 head assembly from the CSX in working order. A 1987 casting bare head in perfect condition. A ported turbo exhaust manifold with blue powder coat paint. A common block. An complete automatic transmission in working order.a 1987 engine oil pan, pistons, pickup tube and some seals. A one piece turbo intake. Some exterior window trim for a shadow / csx. A jackshaft. A long axle with trans splined shaft. 5 shadow exterior mirror assemblies. Sun visors from a CSX and CSX-T. Turbo head gasket and 2 piece intake gasket (goes between the 2 pieces) NOS. Shelby steering wheel from a CSX. Shelby valve cover in excellent condition (no cracks). A pair of dash bezels. NOS square tooth timing belt. 4 CSX style center stack bezels in good condition. A CSX front cowl. Trunk trim from a shadow convertible. A shadow convertible top boot in excellent condition.Shadow rear window trim. A set of 4 NOS piston rods. A partial roll of CSX seat fabric. Enough to do at least a pair of front seats.Some more convertible trim. A full set of Monroe Formula GPs that came off a CSX. Again, this is just a starter list. As you can see, there is some value here. NO parts will be sold until the cars sell first. Don't bother to ask. If I can't sell the cars I will be keeping the parts. they are getting harder to find every day.

CSX173
04-13-2011, 05:52 PM
The next listing of parts you get with this deal is as follows: 1 NOS radiator fan motor and one aftermarket rad fan assy. At least a dozen Chrysler radios of various styles and vintages. A NOS Shelby Bosch alternator, Shadow door handle,a starter off a CSX,NOS brake parts, a brake master cylinder and a couple of other alternators. 3 CSX logic modules and 1 power board. 1 CSXT SMEC and 1 Shelby Daytona (intercooled) SMEC. 1 CSX boost gage assy. and 1 NOS turbo boost gage assy. Shelby steering wheel collar, Shelby Horn Button, and Shelby Trunk Medallion and 3 Shelby rocker panel medallions. Shelby CSX seat belts, latches, and trim. 8 centurion centercaps, a Shelby oil cap with medallion, a 1987 date coded transmission tag, and 2 shock tower covers. Shelby door panel speaker grilles, vent registers, 5 rear view mirrors, and other trim pieces. A bunch of NOS electrical parts and some used K&N filters. More NOS electrical parts and a Relentless performance Stage 3 LM chip. A windshield wiper motor assembly and a manual window crank (dr. side). NOS rubber hoses and some used hoses and rubber door seals, underhood seal, etc. 4 leMans centercaps, NOS Shelby windshield decal, NOS underhood vacum routing decal, and NOS 1992 Spirit RT decal. AND 2 full sets of Shelby exterior graphics. Some of these decals I have 3 sets of. I think I also have a Shelby dash medallion that goes by the glove box, but I'm still searching for where I stashed it so it wouldn't get damaged. LOL. You get ALL of this with the package deal. I will post the link for the photos of all this stuff, so some of you skeptics believe me in my next post.

CSX173
04-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Pics posted here. http://ecoreeftechnologies.com/PhotoAlbums/Parts Now, I believe you know this is a good deal for 1 CSX which is in great one owner shape, one CSX-T daily driver with all Shelby parts intact (restorable) and all parts mentioned above plus I forgot to mention a brand new front bumper for a P Body and the steel trim from a CSX above the rear bumper. Now, give me $7500 and take it away. It is well worth it.

CSX173
04-15-2011, 01:24 PM
If I get no takers by the end of the weekend, I will split things up. But, I won't start selling Shelby specific parts until the cars are gone. Maybe some of the typical stuff, but no Shelby stuff.

CSX173
04-18-2011, 04:52 PM
OK. CSX #173 for $4750. CSX-T #739 for 2750 or $3000 with LeMans wheels. No parts for sale yet.

marbuch
04-21-2011, 07:50 AM
have you still have all the things plus the cars thanks

CSX173
04-22-2011, 11:04 AM
I still have the package deal. But, you would have to commit real fast. I have people coming to look at both of the cars on Monday. I put them off till then since it is a holiday weekend or they would be coming over tomorrow. The cars are priced to sell and I think they will pretty quick. Being that they are seperated now, no parts are going with them unless they specifically ask for something. I may cut a deal for the '87 and the '87 date coded parts if someone is trying to make a museum piece or something. Of course, I am cutting a deal for the '88 with the correct wheels, but these folks don't seem to be too interested in that stuff. They just want the cars as is.

cordes
04-22-2011, 01:00 PM

I've met this gentleman on more than one occasion in real life. He's legitimate.

CSX173
04-25-2011, 08:12 AM
White car pending sale. Black car still available. Better hurry. Getting lots of calls. Folks coming by to look today.

CSX173
04-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Deal fell through on the white car. Still available. So is the black one. Seperately, or the package deal can still be had. I may even sell the black car and all the parts as a deal. The white car seems to have more interest. I'm sure it's the price. Anyway.... Bump to da top.

cqlink
05-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Brand new SRT-8 challenger (pink/fuscia) at dealer in detroit for $36K

CSX173
05-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Sure wish these cars would sell so i could buy it.. HINT HINT. LOL. I had my eye on at the dealer near my house but it sold yesterday. May just have to settle for a custom order one of a different color once the cars finally do sell. I'll let the white one go for $2500. Bottom break even line. I'll let the black one go for $4750 with all the parts. Can't go any lower or I will not be able to afford the new car payment. Any takers???

Turbo'd guy
11-22-2013, 12:39 AM
What ever happened to the cars? I know this is and old thread but still carious. I need that window trim for my csx.

5DIGITS
11-22-2013, 08:12 AM
What ever happened to the cars? I know this is and old thread but still carious. I need that window trim for my csx.

Both of these cars were sold.
Specifically, what window trim are you in need of?

Thanks