PDA

View Full Version : Help pick my customcal settings?

vntned
03-23-2011, 08:48 PM
I need help picking the specs for my custom cal Im gonna order for my CSXT. I need help with a few things. Whatwould you do if it was YOUR car!

Boost level(maxium efficient with what I have)
Injector size(for aforementioned max boost level)
AFPR base setting
Rad on/off temp
Rev limiter setting
What clutch/pp to use
Etc.

Heres my current specs:

Fresh 2.5 CB Fully machined and balanced
.020'' over wiseco pistons
Stg 2 ported head (stock valves)
Ported and coated exhaust manifold
Stock 1 piece intake mani and 46mm TB(for now)
TU.com TO4E turbo 40 trim .63 stg1(dont laugh)
3'' Swingvalve
3'' downpipe and cat
Big Garret Wastegate can
3in exhaust
87 CSX Rad/IC combo (not swapping out, Im keeping my AC)
555 Transmission
Stock turbo cam
Stock and Accufab AFPR available
Stock and ADJ camgear
Stock and +40 injectors available
all 4 polly bushing motor mounts
3bar map (not installed)

Help?!

turbovanmanČ
03-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Boost level(maxium efficient with what I have)-29psi then control with an MBC to what you like./COLOR]
Injector size(for aforementioned max boost level)[COLOR="red"]+40's
AFPR base settingstock which is 55 psi
Rad on/off tempWhat thermostat, if stock, then on at 205, off at 200, 180, on at 195, off at 185
Rev limiter setting6500
What clutch/pp to use-Call the vendors

vntned
03-23-2011, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=turbovanman;790838]Boost level(maxium efficient with what I have)-29psi then control with an MBC to what you like./COLOR]

So your saying order the cal with 29psi as the max level then Im safe to adjust boost in between what the WGA allows and 29psi, right?
Im not trying to make a race car. Just a fun street car that I can drive all week then play with on the weekends. I never intended on running more than 20-22psi(thought that it would get unsafe much past that).

Injector size(for aforementioned max boost level)+40's
Would I be better off getting +20s and keeping the boost a bit lower?

So keep the stocker in there and sell the Accufab?

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

(Dont know why part of my response is red?!)

roachjuice
03-23-2011, 11:30 PM
You don't need an afpr with a cal. Clutch I'd use a t2/t3 combo. I agree with Simon. Manual boost control is almost fool proof. With the turn of a knob you can dial in boost rather than adjusting cal and burning chips. Set to 29psi and set mbc to 20 done. I'd stick with the +40s too. What fuel pump u running?

vntned
03-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Walbro255

wallace
03-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Can you get the 2 step function? I got that for the t&c and it works pretty good.

turbovanmanČ
03-24-2011, 01:36 PM
So your saying order the cal with 29psi as the max level then Im safe to adjust boost in between what the WGA allows and 29psi, right?
Im not trying to make a race car. Just a fun street car that I can drive all week then play with on the weekends. I never intended on running more than 20-22psi(thought that it would get unsafe much past that).

Injector size(for aforementioned max boost level)+40's
Would I be better off getting +20s and keeping the boost a bit lower?

So keep the stocker in there and sell the Accufab?

If you have it set for 29 psi, which is the limit for a 3 bar, then if you ever want to turn it up, then you have it already done and no need for a recal. Use the MBC or an EBC to run any boost level you want.

Stick with +40's, that way, you never have to buy injectors again, unless your shooting for 500 whp.

Keep the AFPR, custom cals are close but sometimes they need tweaking, if you find your a bit lean or rich, you can adjust the fuel pressure to suit.

You say you want a safe, low boost street car but we all say that, :banghead: