PDA

View Full Version : Code 51 and it's running better than it's ever run before. Old codes not disappearing

gears351
03-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Ok, 89 2.5 G head T2 Mitsu turbo, BoostButton SMEC, manual trans, 10psi of boost, stock T2 injectors/pump/fpr

Driving home today it shut down @45mph in 5th... I coasted for about 1/4 mile, turned the key on and off but it wouldn't restart. I put it in neutral and started it while rolling (35 or so) and drove home. When I got home I checked codes and got a 51 - that's lean condition for over 11 minutes! CEL didn't flash for knock; I wasn't on the gas or anything. New StandardMotor O2 - about a month old. Could it be the fresh readings from the new sensor?

Then, when I went to pickup pizza for the family I lit em up in 1st & again in 2nd as I pulled out - I've not done that before with this engine swap (Daytona motor in a Dakota).

Thing is, I'm still getting codes: 12 (it's been more than 50 starts since Rob sent me this SMEC), 31 & 36 but those solenoids are replaced and the CEL is not lit anymore, 53 which Rob says is harmless with the new SMEC, & a 22 from resetting the timing.

I've been chasing gremlins with this swap since this summer - new valve springs are going in this week (spring break) and I'm thinking of running an extra ground from the battery to the injector rail.