PDA

View Full Version : What table to adjust the open/closed loop parameter?

turbovanmanČ
03-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Due to my cams, I easily hit 0 inch's of vacuum on the highway, and when it, it goes rich as I assume the computer figures its now going into boost. I've played with AF ratio's and the pump eff table but can't tune it out and/or I get a bad lean flat spot around town. I remember when Paul did cals, I asked him to move the treshold to 3-5 psi before the computer kicked out of closed loop and it worked nicely. Thanks.

GLHNSLHT2
03-17-2011, 08:55 PM
are your part throttle and full throttle curves matched? And if so at what point?

turbovanmanČ
03-18-2011, 12:24 AM
are your part throttle and full throttle curves matched? And if so at what point?

Yeah, they are pretty well matched, I've played with them and all it does is give me a lean spot at 0-2 psi around town. Just need to trick the computer to look at closed loop longer in boost to solve it. The AF ratio's right now are perfect so I can't change them anymore.

ShelGame
03-18-2011, 09:06 AM
I'd try to adjust MAPLIM_NoCellUpdateAboveThisMAP. It's under the 'Adaptive Memory' group. If you're using one of the old cals I made for you, you'll need to set the scale - looks like I didn't. The scale should be for 3-bar MAP (-14.7 - 29.4 psi).

GLHNSLHT2
03-18-2011, 08:02 PM
un-match the curves till the level you want the O2 to be ignored.

turbovanmanČ
03-18-2011, 09:25 PM
I'd try to adjust MAPLIM_NoCellUpdateAboveThisMAP. It's under the 'Adaptive Memory' group. If you're using one of the old cals I made for you, you'll need to set the scale - looks like I didn't. The scale should be for 3-bar MAP (-14.7 - 29.4 psi).

I am using your template from last September.

un-match the curves till the level you want the O2 to be ignored

I don't want to f*ck them up, so I'll mess with the open loop timer. :p

black86glhs
03-18-2011, 10:32 PM
I am using your template from last September.

I don't want to f*ck them up, so I'll mess with the open loop timer. :pPansy.

turbovanmanČ
03-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Pansy.

Damn straight zippy!

black86glhs
03-18-2011, 10:34 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

turbovanmanČ
03-18-2011, 11:37 PM

Ok, found this table-
[MPGroup:Fuel - Adaptive memory]No Cell Update Above This MAP its at 2.94 psi, so I doubled it, set it at 6.05 psi. There is also a rpm, ox and pw too.

shackwrrr
03-19-2011, 01:38 AM
thats what is nice about the TIII computer with the 3D tables. Part throttle, full throttle, low boost, High boost. It all has its correct AFR with no problems. As soon as it crosses 0 it slowly adds in fuel untill it reaches 11.0 afr. I dont like how the erlier computers just see boost and then dump fuel.

Why are the 3d tables unliked again?

GLHNSLHT2
03-19-2011, 03:38 AM
simon just copy the cal and play with it, if it doesn't work put the original back in. Jeeze

ShelGame
03-19-2011, 10:19 AM
thats what is nice about the TIII computer with the 3D tables. Part throttle, full throttle, low boost, High boost. It all has its correct AFR with no problems. As soon as it crosses 0 it slowly adds in fuel untill it reaches 11.0 afr. I dont like how the erlier computers just see boost and then dump fuel.

Why are the 3d tables unliked again?

It's not the 3D, it's the bizzarre 2D input tables that re-scale MAP and RPM to be non-linear. Makes scaling them for MAP or injectors a royal PITA...

shackwrrr
03-19-2011, 10:40 AM
It's not the 3D, it's the bizzarre 2D input tables that re-scale MAP and RPM to be non-linear. Makes scaling them for MAP or injectors a royal PITA...

I am guessing that is for more resolution in certain spots?

turbovanmanČ
03-19-2011, 01:43 PM
simon just copy the cal and play with it, if it doesn't work put the original back in. Jeeze

I have copy's, I always make copy's just in case something happens. Either way, don't want to play too much with it as I'll need to redo it when I put the new top end on. If this does what I want, why play with the fueling!

turbovanmanČ
03-19-2011, 05:02 PM
So far, it worked perfectly, didn't get much time on the freeway but it went lean, lol, and didn't go rich until about 5-6 psi, :nod:

Gotta tweak the fuel tables a bit now. :D

turbovanmanČ
03-21-2011, 01:44 AM
More driving, works great but now for some reason, idle is rich, used to be around 14.7, now its 12:1? :confused: