PDA

View Full Version : catch can

87CSX603
03-16-2011, 10:22 PM
i wasnt sure how the correct way to install a catch can to a 3.0 is. And what is best for a gasket for putting the 2 pieces of the upper plenum back together.

Ondonti
03-20-2011, 04:26 AM
The factory uses some sort of hard sealant. I actually used JB weld but its hard to seal doing that. Whatever you use, I just suggest pressure testing it to make sure you have a complete seal.
For a catch can I would just route the rear valvecover vent tube to a catch can. I have a pretty crazy setup on my Duster valve covers but its really not necessary.

mikes87t2
09-02-2011, 09:49 PM
I am temporarily running a hose from the vent tube to a Miller light Tall Boy to give me some insight as to how big this can needs to be.
If not big enough I may have to go to a big bottle of Colt 45. LOL Just experimenting here. What is the typical size of a catch can?

bond_bbs
09-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Pretty sure average catch cans hold 1pint. I've seen some pro drag racers use simple common things like stainless CCM hockey water bottles as catch cans / reservoirs. The price performance for those is much less than that of actually buying a premade catch can.

Sundance 6g72
09-02-2011, 10:38 PM
i might be able to snag one of my buddy pretty cheep.. maybe this is a good idea for me