PDA

View Full Version : SSQV Vs. Tial Bov Vs. Turbonetics Raptor

altered7151
07-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Ok so I'm in the market for a higher end BOV and I have mainly been looking at the Tial and Turbonetics Raptor, but a guy here in town has a really good deal on the HKS SSQV which I have always understood to be an excellent piece. And not to sound like a ricer, but the HKS sounds friggin sweet, but overall I am looking for just good performance and quality. I plan on running upwards of about 25-26psi at the track and probably about 17-18 on the street. Anyone have opinions either good or ban on any of these?

8valves
07-06-2006, 06:51 PM
I have experience with both the HKS SSQV and the Tial. Both are excellent units, the Tial a bit more hardcore as it will not release unless provoked above 5 psi usually. Both will hold whatever boost you throw at them.

AM

cordes
07-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I really like the HKS design due to the fact that it will release any boost you make, and will hold all the boost you can make too. Well, at least 25 PSI so far.

altered7151
07-07-2006, 12:30 AM
I think I'll shoot for the HKS as long as its what the guy says it is. Supposedly its only about 40 miles old and is a real HKS and not a ebay knock off. I'll meet the guy tomorrow and find out for sure. I have a Tial wastegate and its definitaly and high quality piece, and I would expect that the bov has the same quality, but I am worried about the low pressure release on the street. Even though you dont get a ton of surge, all that stress will add up over time.

My96z
07-07-2006, 08:52 PM
I am running the HKS and love it. Its a real head turner and works well. I have no experience of the others though.

Jeff

omnivore
07-08-2006, 09:39 AM
I love the desingn ingenuity behind the HKS, but it is too bad it sounds like your car is experiencing some kind of failure when it vents. It kinda sounds like a fart slipped out in church,LOL

1985ShlbyChrger
07-14-2006, 02:35 PM
I've also had experience with both the TiAL and the SSQV. I had the SSQV on my Daytona, it was nice. I loved it. Good release, no surging and it scared old ladies.

I had the TiAL on my Shadow, only running 10 psi and it didn't vent real well. I wasn't running enough boost to properly blow it open. Mine had a pretty stiff spring in it. It was supposed to be for a Twin-Turboed Mustang race car, so when it was ordered they got a stiff spring. If I had been running 25 psi it would have been fine, but didn't work as well for 10 psi.

I think either one would work great for you. They both should hold the boost on the track, and should vent great on the street as well as long as it doesn't have the really stiff spring in the TiAL.