PDA

View Full Version : Vnt power???

440dart
03-09-2011, 11:29 AM
iam picking up a nice 89 csx just curious as to what kind of Hp numbers and 1/4mi with slicks these things run? Probley all i will do to it is put in a 16psi fwd cal

ShelbyLancer282
03-09-2011, 12:22 PM
What Number??

440dart
03-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Not sure didnt look at it to close

contraption22
03-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Mid-low 14's with a good 60 ft time. The turbocharger itself is a restriction.

440dart
03-09-2011, 01:45 PM
yeah i know the turbo is but thats what make them cool, if anything i will take the engine out and put it in a gutted glh, and put my built t3 in the csx.

ShelbyLancer282
03-09-2011, 05:14 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!! dont do that lol keep it original turbo and keep the spirit of what it was factory but better.
I have an 89 VNT with 56k on it in storage and its missing all gfx and spoiler but runs and drives so im not gutting or parting it cuz there aint many left let alone still VNT. Id cam it je's bore 30 over good cal from fwd exhaust and maybe a meth injection kit and call it a good mid to high 12 car and still be VNT.

contraption22
03-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Upgrading the cam on a VNT car is like trying to finger a girl wearing pantyhose.

I can understand the desire to keep it a VNT, but if you're gonna do that, you might as well leave it all stock.

turbovanmanČ
03-09-2011, 06:27 PM
yeah i know the turbo is but thats what make them cool, if anything i will take the engine out and put it in a gutted glh, and put my built t3 in the csx.

I just don't see the point, the turbo was too small for the VNT part to really help. If they were serious about it, they would have put a much bigger turbo on so the VNT actually made sense.

I vote for the TIII CSX, :nod:

440dart
03-10-2011, 11:46 AM
I just don't see the point, the turbo was too small for the VNT part to really help. If they were serious about it, they would have put a much bigger turbo on so the VNT actually made sense.

I vote for the TIII CSX, :nod:

I just like the car for what it is, but at the same time i really want a t3 glh or 89 csx i wouldnt ever cut the car up ect, i got a gutted r/t right now with new paint but it needs so much work to make it nice and how i want it but yet its still a 4door spirit, so i got a spare t3 sitting here with venolias h-beam rods ect ect just waiting for a body to put it in.

a 500+ HP csx that is stock looking other than wheels and tint would be a fun awsome driver

turbovanmanČ
03-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Upgrading the cam on a VNT car is like trying to finger a girl wearing pantyhose.

I can understand the desire to keep it a VNT, but if you're gonna do that, you might as well leave it all stock.

I missed that part, too true, lol.

I just like the car for what it is, but at the same time i really want a t3 glh or 89 csx i wouldnt ever cut the car up ect, i got a gutted r/t right now with new paint but it needs so much work to make it nice and how i want it but yet its still a 4door spirit, so i got a spare t3 sitting here with venolias h-beam rods ect ect just waiting for a body to put it in.

a 500+ HP csx that is stock looking other than wheels and tint would be a fun awsome driver

I would do it, you don't need to cut it up to run a TIII. :nod: