PDA

View Full Version : Help with choosing slicks/wheels

Will Martin
07-05-2006, 03:13 PM
I've read through just about all the posts on TD/TM concerning slicks. Now that I'm more confused than ever :o , I just need to know which ones to get, and I'll order them today. :eyebrows:

I've come decided to get some M&H 23x7.5 15" slicks, I don't want drag radials. My car is a GLH with an A-568 and MP springs/struts. I wanted to put them on Pizza wheels but the contact patch maybe too little using the Pizzas. Also, will I need spacers? I wanted to either get them from Jegs or Summit, which ever will get them to me the fastest. lol

Any current/former L-body owner with slicks I'd appreciate your input. Thanks. :thumb:

Mario
07-05-2006, 03:25 PM
The size you mentioned fit just fine on stock wheels and don't have any clearance issues with the front strut. You're probably going to want to go with something bigger though judging by whats done to your car.

turbovanmanČ
07-05-2006, 04:19 PM
I have a couple of 6.5 inch crabs for sale Will, :thumb:

85glht
07-05-2006, 06:26 PM
That size will fit without modifications.
NOW...... if you go 24.5 like I did, you need to space the wheels out (or get different wheels with different backspacing) beta the underside of the spring perch of the strut, get longer wheel studs ( if you didn't get different wheels) and then the tires rub the fenders ( actually they rub the side skirts that wrap around to the inner fender). So if I were to do it again I would just go with the 23" tall tires................ Less hassle:nod:

GLHS592
07-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Every Shelby Charger I've ever seen with 24.5" slicks have nice rub marks on the fender/airdam extensions.

Will Martin
07-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys, that pretty much sums it up for me. Now all I gotta do is wait for Simon to close his shop so I can come still his 6.5" crabs! :D Dayum, those are some BIG crabs!
:lol:

turbovanmanČ
07-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys, that pretty much sums it up for me. Now all I gotta do is wait for Simon to close his shop so I can come still his 6.5" crabs! :D Dayum, those are some BIG crabs!
:lol:

Oh brother, :confused: lol. :eyebrows:

Will Martin
07-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Just ordered them. Did next day so I'll have them by next week mounted and ready to go. Now I just need to play with my wideband and get it tuned. I'm outta here!