PDA

View Full Version : dpf falures anyone?

89scottytona
03-04-2011, 12:24 AM
just wondering if anyone has heard or has experienced their dpf failing due to coolant contamination? any help would be appreciated. granted the vehicle in question is far from a mopar, BUT the situation is pretty much the same. can someone atleast point me in the right direction to find my answer?

thanx in advance

440dart
03-04-2011, 11:34 AM
delete it throw in a new headgasket and be done with it and have a good truck in the end. yes the coolant will ruin the dpf there tempermental pos's. What proof did they show you that its burning coolant?

i did the deletes in my 08 mega the poor mans way cost me about $15 bucks it lost a little bit of power but the MPG's and relyability are worth it. I will soon have a programmer for it.

89scottytona
03-04-2011, 11:53 AM
can't delete due to a need of the warranty. its not a dodge, but one of the ramptrucks i drive. its an 08 GMC C6500 with the 7.8 duramax. it is down for service due to another blown head gasket. it was approx 30k ago when it was originally replaced with a cyl. head that was reportedly warped a hundred thousanths of an inch. the dealership stated that the dpf was plugged and will need to be replaced with no inclination as to whether the warranty will cover it. im just trying to find information to back up the company when we go back to the dealership to discuss the issuesat hand