PDA

View Full Version : 4 Puck Clutch and DD PP Arrived (Pics)

Whorse
07-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Well, I bought this off of TD, and the user isn't on here, but I felt this noteworthy because the name on the box as return address was Scott Haverkamp, who as far as I know isn't the guy who sold it to me. I was told he drove over the border from Michigan and shipped from Windsor.

It arrived in pretty good condition, nothing a little sandpaper can't fix up, and the clutch looks good. Just thought I'd throw this in because if Scott's involved, it did arrive in good condition and very quickly, albeit I'm confused about it.

Thanks either way. Here's some pictures.

Austrian Dodge
07-05-2006, 03:13 AM
nice to see, he's doing good transactions...

btw: i like the last pic ;)

Whorse
07-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Well I still haven't found out what the deal is because that's not who I made the paypal transaction to, but, either way it seems everything arrived in good order and promptly.

GLHNSLHT2
07-09-2006, 12:06 PM
so who makes it? what's the PP specs? are the fulcrum points relocated to give you more pressure of did they just install bigger springs?

Will Martin
07-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Nice! That baby's gonna grab good! When are you changing it out?

shadow88
07-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Nice! That baby's gonna grab good! When are you changing it out?

As we speak.

Turbo Joe
07-09-2006, 11:15 PM
what ever you do don't ride the clutch at all cuase that clutch will glaze over faster than a speeding ticket. i know i had one. trying to load the car on a trailer gently and it warmed up just a little and in no time it glazed. my .02

Whorse
07-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Going slow will be interesting. Probably getting into more than I want right now, but this car isn't meant to me my driver forever. I'm hoping it will just be a fun highway and track car.

Good advice on riding the clutch!

J&H Ryan
07-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Got it from Cory or what? Scott is usually very good with helping out friends, not sure wtf was the deal in the recent "bad dealings" with him.

GLHNSLHT2
07-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Wait a second. I just read the topic a little more thouroughly. And I can't tell in the pics. Is that a dual diaphram Pressure Plate???? If so you're not gonna like it. Neither is you thrust bearing in the motor. Very hard on both the clutch pedal and the thrust bearing. Also on the one I got and some other people's back in the day the thing wasn't designed or machined right and the thing wouldn't allow the car to even shift. Shimming it .060" or .030" (seller recommended) just let it slip as soon as it hit boost.

Whorse
07-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah it is a DD. If I have to change it out, then I have to change it out I guess. My two concerns are still my clutch cable, and being able to park and start from stopped.

Mario
07-16-2006, 03:43 PM
I have the exact same set-up in my Charger. I love it. No issues with it whatsoever.

GLHNSLHT2
07-16-2006, 09:55 PM
till it eats the thrust bearing and you've got to rebuild the motor.

Mario
07-16-2006, 11:02 PM
You, yourself have had one fail?

I've had this on here for a year...no problems.

Whorse
07-17-2006, 12:54 AM
I drove it today, and it sure engages quick, but I think I can get used to it. Well, at least until I lost 2nd, 4th, and Reverse. Shifter linkage? Ian suggested to check the clips, which I'll do when it cools down.

8valves
07-17-2006, 08:21 AM
You, yourself have had one fail?

I've had this on here for a year...no problems.

Agreed, over two years on it, as well as Gary's old 4 puck ceramic disk. I drive it every day, and finally had one single issue about three weeks ago. The clip that holds the cable on the trans folded itself in from the pressure. So I welded in a plate and made it about three times as thick as stock and it's better than before.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy on again, espescially when you feel it grab from 3rd to 4th.

AM

Whorse
07-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Yeah the clutch cable clip didn't survive.