PDA

View Full Version : Chromoly Lower Control Arms for Sale

turboshad
02-24-2011, 04:36 PM
I am happy to say I will be making my control arms available for those that have been interested these past couple years. These control arms are based off of the dual pivot design and can work with a stock K-frame or in conjunction with Brian's tubular piece.

I could go into allot of detail on these but most if not all has been covered in the thread I started when I was first working on the design. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?34943-Chromoly-Control-Arm-Design

So to skip the end here are some stats for the phase two design which is what I am selling.

4130 Chromoly construction
~5.75lbs each depending on kingpin specifications. Compared to 7.75lbs for the phase one design and over 11lbs for the factory cast arms.
Maximum deflection of just over 1/32" with an applied 1000lb load in the weakest direction
All bearings are self lubricating with the rod ends being self sealing to keep out contaminants
Custom kingpin dimensions to suit customer application
Sway bar provisions with the use of end links (customer provided)
Spacers sized for use with factory K-frame and bolts

Price - $600 per set

I currently have two sets sold and would like to make a batch of five so I am gauging interest to see if I should make a smaller or larger batch.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/93%20Shadow/Suspension/LCARender3.jpg

speedfreek500
02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Those are looking good DJ,Thanks to all of your hard work we can all enjoy these on the street.Good luck with the sale.

turbovanmanČ
02-24-2011, 07:04 PM
How would they work out on a daily driver with salt, rain etc

Juggy
02-24-2011, 07:18 PM

they appear to be powdercoated. that should answer your Q!

DJ do these work with johnny's sway bar?

turbovanmanČ
02-24-2011, 07:53 PM

Not the arms you dumbass.

Shadow
02-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Man that is one sweet pic! Can hardly wait to bolt these babies on! :banana-mario:

turboshad
02-24-2011, 08:35 PM

The rod ends are designed for off road use and are self sealing and self lubricating. They use a chrome plated ball and a corrosion coated chromoly body. The spherical is not sealed but it is still self lubricating. It uses a chrome plated ball and a stainless steel body. So both have resistance to corrosion but salt will take its toll on just about anything. Some periodical shots with graphite lube won't hurt anything either.

Currently the plan is to iron nitride the arms and kingpins. This is the same process we are using on much of the steel on a subsea drill we are building right now. We have been doing tests with iron nitrided steel in tubs of salt water and it has been holding up quite well. The nice thing is it also penetrates the steel a fair ways so the odd rock bouncing up shouldn't get through the protection.

The sway bar attachment currently on the arms was designed to drill a 1/2" hole through the end of the stock sway bar and attach the end link with some bolts. Looking at Johnny's design I may be able to make it work but would need some numbers from him to figure it out.

turbovanmanČ
02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
The rod ends are designed for off road use and are self sealing and self lubricating. They use a chrome plated ball and a corrosion coated chromoly body. The spherical is not sealed but it is still self lubricating. It uses a chrome plated ball and a stainless steel body. So both have resistance to corrosion but salt will take its toll on just about anything. Some periodical shots with graphite lube won't hurt anything either.

Currently the plan is to iron nitride the arms and kingpins. This is the same process we are using on much of the steel on a subsea drill we are building right now. We have been doing tests with iron nitrided steel in tubs of salt water and it has been holding up quite well. The nice thing is it also penetrates the steel a fair ways so the odd rock bouncing up shouldn't get through the protection.

Thank you. Now I gotta start saving.

zin
02-24-2011, 08:54 PM
subscribed...

Mike

GLHNSLHT2
02-24-2011, 10:44 PM
So are these based off the caster inducing 91+ arms or the older 89/90 caster arms?

turboshad
02-24-2011, 10:55 PM
So are these based off the caster inducing 91+ arms or the older 89/90 caster arms?

91+ caster but there should be enough room in the spacers on a sock K-frame to pull the arms back as from what I know the 91+ arms move the ball joint forward some. That being said, I'm sure you're looking for more caster if anything. The now long winded answer is that the rear mount on the 91+ arm is 2.6" wide which I believe is the same for both models as the arms are interchangeable in the K-frame. The rod end is .75" wide and is for the most part centered. That gives close to +/- 1" that can be adjusted with the spacers.

rich tideswell
02-24-2011, 11:30 PM
how about these to seal the sphereical bushings?

http://www.sealsit.com/rodendboots.asp

turboshad
02-25-2011, 01:21 AM
how about these to seal the sphereical bushings?

It is possible those might work with some modifications. The sphericals used are high misalignment wich is different from the standard forms and the housing will not be the same dimensions as a rod end. The rod end seals may work if one could be found that was deep enough for a high misalignment bearing. Either way I would leave it up to the end user as it puts too much variation into the product and it would also be more expensive for me to buy and resell then for you to buy it yourself.

86trbolancer
02-25-2011, 01:44 AM
subscribed...

I'll be interested in a pair of these in the next 2 months or so

turbovanmanČ
02-25-2011, 01:48 AM
DJ, is this a limited run or will you be making them for awhile. It comes down to SDAC or these, lol, but if your going to make them in the future, then its not so much of a big deal.

turboshad
02-25-2011, 02:07 AM
DJ, is this a limited run or will you be making them for awhile. It comes down to SDAC or these, lol, but if your going to make them in the future, then its not so much of a big deal.

Right now I'm trying to gauge the interest. I would like to do a run of 5 that I plan to have finished by late April and I don't really care if they don't all sell right away. What I don't want is to be sitting on them for the next 5 years if there are only really one or two people interested and I miss-gauged the market. So I wouldn't call it a limited run as I will continue to make them as long as there is interest.

For the larger picture, I find myself fabbing allot of components for myself that I feel make my car better and aren't currently available. I would like to start making some of these parts available to others who don't have the access to equipment or abilities that I have. With these and other ideas I have I think I can make a small product line which will eventually spread beyond the TD world. Unfortunately for some I will strive to maintain as high of a quality piece as I can which means things may cost a tad more but I would prefer that behind my name then a larger quantity sold. I've been meaning and wanting to start a company for years and if all goes right by the time these are made they will be sold under my new name. Right now I am just getting through the legistics and hope to have things settled by mid March. Stay tuned. :)

turbovanmanČ
02-25-2011, 02:25 AM
Gotcha.

Well put me down for a set. Honestly, time frame unknown, but this year, lol. If I do well parting out my Daytona, then sooner rather than later. :nod:

turbo2point2
02-25-2011, 07:43 AM
It's about time you got around to doing these! I had to become a vendor just so you would get off your a$$ :evil:

rx2mazda
02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
DJ, put me down for a set. I gotta convince Brian to give me fair "Carroll price" (at least half off) on the K-frame first then I'll work on you. :)

turboshad
02-25-2011, 01:58 PM
subscribed...

I'll be interested in a pair of these in the next 2 months or so

Just let me know. :thumb:

Gotcha.

Well put me down for a set. Honestly, time frame unknown, but this year, lol. If I do well parting out my Daytona, then sooner rather than later. :nod:

Sounds good.

It's about time you got around to doing these! I had to become a vendor just so you would get off your a$$ :evil:

Lol......ya thanks for the nudge Brian. I'm still not sure if it's up hill or off a cliff. ;)

DJ, put me down for a set. I gotta convince Brian to give me fair "Carroll price" (at least half off) on the K-frame first then I'll work on you. :)

Works for me Ccaarrooll. Fly your a$$ up here and we talk about it on the chairlift. :nod:

Shadow
03-01-2011, 10:51 AM
So how many are in on this? do we have 5 yet? :)

Reeves
03-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Man that is one sweet pic! Can hardly wait to bolt these babies on! :banana-mario:

x2!

:thumb:

turboshad
03-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I felt there was enough interest so I bought some material yesterday to start machining and hope to have the tube order out today or tomorrow.

Shadow
03-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Mondo good news! :thumb:

86trbolancer
04-28-2011, 10:07 PM
HEY HEY HEY dead thread LOL

Whats going on with these???

Ryan

turboshad
04-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Should have the jig done this weekend and then get at least the three sets welded up for those that are waiting. Working kicked my a$$ for 2 weeks this month which tied up my time as well as the machines. Hence I'm about 2 weeks behind where I wanted to be. I am making 6 sets with 3 sold and 1 spoken for. I was going to use 1 but if someone else wants them they that's where they'll go. In the future, if more are wanted the price will be higher unless I can get interest for another batch of this size.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/93%20Shadow/Suspension/IMG_3578.jpg

Polygon
05-20-2011, 05:02 PM
So, I'm really interested in these, but I have a couple of questions.

1. What kind of ball joint is use? Same as stock?

2. How hard would it be to get the factory sway bar to work with the factory hardware. Or how much modification would be required?

turboshad
05-22-2011, 05:55 PM
So, I'm really interested in these, but I have a couple of questions.

1. What kind of ball joint is use? Same as stock?

2. How hard would it be to get the factory sway bar to work with the factory hardware. Or how much modification would be required?

1. It uses a spherical bearing and kingpin instead of the ball joint.

2. The factory sway bar can be hooked up with the use of a female and male rod end attached to each other. A 1/2" hole will need to be drilled in the sway bar and then 2 1/2" bolts used to connect the arm and bar. The picture below shows the boss welded into the arm for the sway bar attachment.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/93%20Shadow/Suspension/DSC_0122.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/93%20Shadow/Suspension/DSC_0116.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/93%20Shadow/Suspension/DSC_0129.jpg

Here you can see the clearance on a 15" pumper. I kept everything so it could fit in a 14" diameter which is slightly smaller than a 15" rim.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/93%20Shadow/Suspension/DSC_0145.jpg

And the arm before coating. I don't have the snap rings yet for the spherical bearing so it is being propped up a bit. This particular version has the boss for a sway bar. A couple customers won't be needing so it was just omitted.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/93%20Shadow/Suspension/DSC_0149.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/93%20Shadow/Suspension/DSC_0159.jpg

turboshad
06-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Here are some photos of the final product.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/93%20Shadow/Suspension/FrontThreeQuarter.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/93%20Shadow/Suspension/TwoArms.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/93%20Shadow/Suspension/FrontClose.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/93%20Shadow/Suspension/Disassembled.jpg

Shadow
06-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Very nice! :clap: But your missing the BJ boot? :confused2::confused:;):p:eyebrows::lol:

khrys
06-21-2011, 06:36 AM
Will these also work for a later style K frame mounted on an older style Caravan (not sure if the control arms are different for the vans or not).

If so I would like a set of these too please and count me in for a set with the mountings for sway bar attachments.

turboshad
06-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Will these also work for a later style K frame mounted on an older style Caravan (not sure if the control arms are different for the vans or not).

If so I would like a set of these too please and count me in for a set with the mountings for sway bar attachments.

They should work on any dual pivot design K-Frame. Unfortunately the last pair may have been spoken for this morning so I will keep you updated. I can do single pair batches but the cost goes up a tad compared to a batch of 5 pairs. I don't have an issue doing another 5 but I would need some more interest first.

Shadow
06-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Not sure if it's been covered, but these are totally reversable (can be used on right or left when your assembling them) correct?

turboshad
06-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Not sure if it's been covered, but these are totally reversable (can be used on right or left when your assembling them) correct?

Yes, when I changed the design I made the two sides exactly the same. Just flip the king pin around. Also, to torque the kingpin nut I saw it as being torqued once it was installed in the upright with the pinch bolt. I thought that would be a good way to keep the kingpin from rotating. During installation, if you need a little more angle out of the kingpin you can remove the nut too which is another reason to torque it after.

minigts
06-22-2011, 02:45 PM
DJ, do you realize between you and Brian you're going to cost me about $1500 in upgrades to my car?! It's not worth that much. I'll have $3K JUST in suspension parts alone, not including wheels and tires. You guys with your awesome products are killing Independent JON! Nice work, btw. :thumb:

turboshad
06-22-2011, 03:26 PM
LOL, thanks Jon. I won't tell you what I've spent on my CF project so far..........in fact I just like to not think about it at all. Especially how much the materials cost that you just throw away. :confused:

If I were to get deposits for 5 sets I would put out the order to get another set up tubes cut. 5 seems to be a good number to keep the costs down but if looked like there were only 3 people then I would just have to raise the price a tad.

khrys
06-23-2011, 03:07 AM
They should work on any dual pivot design K-Frame. Unfortunately the last pair may have been spoken for this morning so I will keep you updated. I can do single pair batches but the cost goes up a tad compared to a batch of 5 pairs. I don't have an issue doing another 5 but I would need some more interest first.

Please do keep me updated on the status, if they are all taken at this time just put me down for the next batch as I'm in no hurry as I have a few other ideas that I can easily spend money towards (like who couldn't hehehe).

So yes, just have me down for the next one whether it be on this batch or the next. Thanks for making this possible for all of us crazies.

Ondonti
06-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Are you not including the boss for the Sway bar on others that you make? I know a few people are hanging back over the sway bar when it comes to the K frame. These seem like things that would benefit a turning car better then a drag, by a large margin.

turboshad
06-27-2011, 10:02 AM
I made two sets without sway bosses b/c they were requested this way. The rest have the provision and I will probably add it to the future ones unless someone asks for them without.

Shadow
07-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Just some quick "real world" feedback on these. So far........AWESOME!!!!!!!!! In every aspect of driving!

I know DJ prob thought I was a real BB when I pushed him to get these even lighter because I was using the stamped A-arms and not the cast ones and I just couldn't justify spending the coin IF I wasn't loosing weight as well as benifiting from the "no bushing" aspect of these a-arms.

In hindsight (knowing what I know now from driving the car with them installed) I would have jumped on them in a heartbeat! IF I would have had any clue that they would tranform the entire ride quality the way they have as well as all of the other benifits the couple extra lbs wouldn't have mattered, Really, they're That GREAT!!!!!!

Now, having said that, I have no regrets that I was such a stickler as these are just that much More of a performance piece being as light as they are! The way the car feels right now combined with Brians "pro-lift" tubular crossmember, I'm prob going to try autocrossing the car with No sway bar before I decide wether or not it actually needs one ;)

GLHNSLHT2
07-11-2011, 09:11 PM
In hindsight (knowing what I know now from driving the car with them installed) I would have jumped on them in a heartbeat! IF I would have had any clue that they would tranform the entire ride quality the way they have as well as all of the other benifits the couple extra lbs wouldn't have mattered, Really, they're That GREAT!!!!!!

It's amazing what heims will do for the ride. When I was putting heims in my stock 89/90 arms I was very nervous as I had heard from BMW owners that the ride suffered a lot. But I was going to try as Energy Suspension hadn't come out with their Poly bushings for my arms and I had already tried the others and hated them. Anyway, I put the heims in and went and got an alignment the next day. 1st thing I noticed was the INSTANT steering response. And with the Toe set to zero the car went straight down the road or anywhere you pointed it no matter if there were any ruts in the road at all. Then I went across a set of railroad tracks while on the gas. OMG. It was like the car never even knew they were there other than the sound the tires made. Then a week later I drove 1350 miles from Spokane, Wa to SoCal. They were tearing up the 22 freeway at the time and I was just totally blown away at how the car reacted to the lanes changing sudden directions and the huge expansion bumps. If I had had stock or the poly bushings that were available at the time with the Koni's and Eibachs I would of been dead or severly beaten up trying to travel that fast down there. Now I need to upgrade the front springs as the 2801 Eibachs are too soft in the front end.

Ondonti
07-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Any thoughts on how these would help the life of axles and wheel hop? Never been excited about putting poly bushings in the arms. Polishing a turd.

GLHNSLHT2
07-12-2011, 08:17 PM
what's wrong with poly in the arms? Other than the options for the cast arms suck?

Shadow
07-12-2011, 11:32 PM
It's amazing what heims will do for the ride. When I was putting heims in my stock 89/90 arms I was very nervous as I had heard from BMW owners that the ride suffered a lot. But I was going to try as Energy Suspension hadn't come out with their Poly bushings for my arms and I had already tried the others and hated them. Anyway, I put the heims in and went and got an alignment the next day. 1st thing I noticed was the INSTANT steering response. And with the Toe set to zero the car went straight down the road or anywhere you pointed it no matter if there were any ruts in the road at all. Then I went across a set of railroad tracks while on the gas. OMG. It was like the car never even knew they were there other than the sound the tires made. Then a week later I drove 1350 miles from Spokane, Wa to SoCal. They were tearing up the 22 freeway at the time and I was just totally blown away at how the car reacted to the lanes changing sudden directions and the huge expansion bumps. If I had had stock or the poly bushings that were available at the time with the Koni's and Eibachs I would of been dead or severly beaten up trying to travel that fast down there. Now I need to upgrade the front springs as the 2801 Eibachs are too soft in the front end.

I remember you talking about this years ago, I should have listened more! lol

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Any thoughts on how these would help the life of axles and wheel hop? Never been excited about putting poly bushings in the arms. Polishing a turd.

Interesting that you bring this up! I was going to add this to my "feedback" in the Charger thread, but I decided to wait till I got to the local track later this summer so I can run on a "good tune" before leveling my opinion.

My thought at the preasent; I ran the solid hub 3 puc for the first time last fall, got 7 passes and Sheared the pass side axel on the 7th pass. (first time I've sheared an axel, who knows, maybe it had it coming)

I was fully prepared to start going through axels more regularly now. SDAC 21; 17 passes, Zero axel failure! The first thing that popped into my head was the hiem joint. If the axel is moving less (no more bushings to load and unload) it Has To Be Helping!

I'm going to inspect these axels before running just to see if I can notice any spline movement and replace them if needed. Won't surprise me to see nothing though.

turboshad
07-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the review Shadow and I'm glad you are happy. It looks like I will finally get mine on in the next couple weeks here.

I do have one set for sure and possibly two left if anyone is interested.

Reaper1
09-12-2011, 09:57 PM
I've decided I need to start doing porn (straight porn...I don't go on the other side of the fence!) so I can afford friggin awesome parts for my car! LOL :thumb:

Irocelectric93
02-21-2012, 10:54 AM
i dont know if you got it but DJ you've been Pmed.

turboshad
02-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Replied, sorry for the delay. Life has been even more hectic than usual these days.

wheming
02-23-2012, 02:21 AM
Since this thread is revived....
What is your current inventory on these?

my android sent this for me using Tapatalk...

turboshad
02-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Current stock is zero. It looks like there will be enough interest for another batch but I am swamped at the moment so it will be later on in the year. I will keep you posted.

wheming
02-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Thanks DJ.
I'm in no hurry. I'll just keep this on a wishlist along with Brian's k-member.
They might find their way into a future project.

my android sent this for me using Tapatalk...

Reeves
02-24-2012, 01:48 AM
I'll just keep this on a wishlist along with Brian's k-member.

You'll love them. Not only the superior craftmanship, the weight savings, etc, but you'll love the room they clear up. Makes maintaining the bottom end super easy.

Plus, it should be way quicker to change an axle! No more ball joint seperation needed!

GLHNSLHT2
02-24-2012, 01:59 AM
anyone daily driving on them. I pulled the stock a-arms apart with the spherical bearings I made and installed in them and the spacers and bearings look in pretty good shape, But the grade 8 bolts where the bearings ride have .007" wear in them. I have probably 7k miles on them. I'd rather the bolts wear than the other pieces as those are easy to replace. Was just curious how the chromoly units are holding up.

Reaper1
02-24-2012, 09:26 AM
anyone daily driving on them. I pulled the stock a-arms apart with the spherical bearings I made and installed in them and the spacers and bearings look in pretty good shape, But the grade 8 bolts where the bearings ride have .007" wear in them. I have probably 7k miles on them. I'd rather the bolts wear than the other pieces as those are easy to replace. Was just curious how the chromoly units are holding up.

Hmmm...I wonder if a case hardening on the bolts would help with that? I know grade 8 is the measure of their toughness and shear strength, but it really has nothing to do with the wear characteristics from direct contact.

ShelGame
02-24-2012, 10:45 AM
I can't picture how you're using the bolts, but bolts should be used in a static joint (ie, a joint that doesn't have motion around the bolt). If the bolt has wear, it means that the joint is moving and the wear is either from sliding or impact. Doesn't seem like a good condition for the front suspension...

Shadow
02-24-2012, 10:49 AM
I DD the Charger in the summer as much as possible, but not enough to warrant pulling things aparts to check for wear.....yet.

Kind of surprised at your findings though. Doesn't the bearing get pinched buy the nut/bolt in a way that there should be no movement other than the bearing moving?

turboshad
02-24-2012, 11:41 AM
On the ones I have built the bolt shouldn't see any motion. The spacers on either side of the rod end pinch the center ball which will stop it from moving. This puts the movement in the rod end itself where it should be. If made a spacer to go in between your two sphericals and then one on either side outside of the control arm you should be able to achieve the same result.

stewdaddy23
07-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Any updates?

gkabbt
01-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Multiple PM's sent.

Reaper1
01-10-2013, 12:38 AM
DJ, are you going to run another batch later this spring? I'm wanting to possibly get in on a set.

turboshad
01-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Yes I do plan on making another batch starting shortly here and it will be my last batch. If I can't do them in a decent quantity then the time involved starts to get out of hand and the amount of interested parties left is getting small. I have ordered bearings for 3 more sets so if more then 3 people are interested please speak now. The first batch I knew I could sell eventually no matter what but this one I think is going to hit the last few that are interested. For that reason I will probably ask for a deposit to be sure the participants are serious before I invest the time and money to get things rolling. Unfortunately another thing I learned on the first batch was allot of the foreseen time and unexpected expenses involved. What that means is I have to increase the price by 10% making the cost for this next set $660CAD + shipping.

If you are interested and serious please post up and let me know. The deposit will be $250 with the remainder payable upon completion. The deposit will be non-refundable unless after you opt out and I am able to find another buyer. Even if this happens two years after you opt out I will still refund your deposit minus any fees like Paypal and such. In my head it sounds cruel but the point is so I don't have a bunch of my own money tied up in something someone else requested with a promise to follow through on. Once the parts are completed I think it is fair to expect the balance paid within 3 months. After this time I will post the product for sale with the same deposit refund guidelines listed above if the product sells to another party.

I will give this a bit and then set a deadline for deposits so fabrication can start for those that are involved. I think this is fair but please feel free to express any comments or concerns.

Warren Stramer
01-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Yes I do plan on making another batch starting shortly here and it will be my last batch. If I can't do them in a decent quantity then the time involved starts to get out of hand and the amount of interested parties left is getting small. I have ordered bearings for 3 more sets so if more then 3 people are interested please speak now. The first batch I knew I could sell eventually no matter what but this one I think is going to hit the last few that are interested. For that reason I will probably ask for a deposit to be sure the participants are serious before I invest the time and money to get things rolling. Unfortunately another thing I learned on the first batch was allot of the foreseen time and unexpected expenses involved. What that means is I have to increase the price by 10% making the cost for this next set $660CAD + shipping.

If you are interested and serious please post up and let me know. The deposit will be $250 with the remainder payable upon completion. The deposit will be non-refundable unless after you opt out and I am able to find another buyer. Even if this happens two years after you opt out I will still refund your deposit minus any fees like Paypal and such. In my head it sounds cruel but the point is so I don't have a bunch of my own money tied up in something someone else requested with a promise to follow through on. Once the parts are completed I think it is fair to expect the balance paid within 3 months. After this time I will post the product for sale with the same deposit refund guidelines listed above if the product sells to another party.

I will give this a bit and then set a deadline for deposits so fabrication can start for those that are involved. I think this is fair but please feel free to express any comments or concerns.

Oh your SO MEAN!!:D:D.....sounds reasonable to me. If you want to dance, you got to pay the fiddler.

gkabbt
01-10-2013, 03:59 PM
DJ,

Thanks for doing another batch. As I put im my PM's, I NEED these to go with my tubular k-frame so put me down.
How do you want the deposit.....Check, M.O., Paypal?

Gregg

PM sent also.

turboshad
01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Replied. :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
01-10-2013, 05:58 PM

Wow, what an ahole, :(

Kidding, your not out of line at all, perfectly sound way of doing business.

168glhs1986
01-10-2013, 06:14 PM
These work with my 86 Omni and the Slowe K frame, yes? If so I'm in.

turboshad
01-10-2013, 07:04 PM
They work the best with a Slowe K-frame. Funny enough I believe I'm the only one running them on a stock K-frame and it was a bit of a struggle to get things in. If you notice on the stock dual pivot LCAs the tube that the bolt goes through can float in the rubber bushing. This is because Chrysler knew how crappy the tolerances would be on a stamped K-frame and all of them would be slightly different. I can do my best and measure one but there is a 99% chance yours will be different and will take some fiddling. With the magical Slowe piece we have coordinated our measurements so my pieces fit great with his. Both are done on secure fixtures so the tolerances stay much tighter.

168glhs1986
01-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Deposit sent.

thedon809
01-10-2013, 07:37 PM
You are killing me here. This will really be the last batch? How long will it take from deposit to completion?

168glhs1986
01-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Ive already bought them all and will be reselling t $900 per. Just like the tu cast headers. Jk

Reaper1
01-10-2013, 08:04 PM
DJ, you ARE killing me!! I REALLY want a set of these, but I HAVE to get my engine first. At this point the car can't use the awesome a-arms because the original engine finally bit the dust.

How about this...would you be willing to sell the plans to build them, and leave it to the customer to build them? I know that is sort of risky, but it's an idea to keep the product alive for those that would want it in the future, but can't do it right now.

In either case I'll see what I can do about scrounging a deposit. I have a feeling I'm going to have to part with my HPI 5T to make my real car dreams possible. :(

OmniLuvr
01-10-2013, 09:14 PM
subscribed...

turbovanmanČ
01-10-2013, 09:26 PM
DJ, you ARE killing me!! I REALLY want a set of these, but I HAVE to get my engine first. At this point the car can't use the awesome a-arms because the original engine finally bit the dust.

How about this...would you be willing to sell the plans to build them, and leave it to the customer to build them? I know that is sort of risky, but it's an idea to keep the product alive for those that would want it in the future, but can't do it right now.

In either case I'll see what I can do about scrounging a deposit. I have a feeling I'm going to have to part with my HPI 5T to make my real car dreams possible. :(

I know, it sucks being broke.

+2, Shayne can weld me up a set down the road, :D

turboshad
01-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Shayne can weld me up a set down the road, :D

If only it were that easy, welding is about 10% of the total time and effort spent on these.

speedfreek500
01-11-2013, 12:57 AM
I'am in, Where do i send my deposit?

turbovanmanČ
01-11-2013, 01:28 AM
If only it were that easy, welding is about 10% of the total time and effort spent on these.

I know, hence my smilie, :p

gkabbt
01-12-2013, 08:32 AM
PM sent.

Reaper1
01-12-2013, 05:19 PM
DJ, I got your PM. May I have your email so I can correspond with you easier? My PM box is slap full (I keep 1 spot open so I can get one if somebody wants to contact me).

Mine is: grimmreaper90@gmail.com

Thanks! :thumb:

Irocelectric93
01-12-2013, 06:17 PM
DJ you've been PMed

T1 woodywagon
01-12-2013, 06:58 PM
I am working in edmonton right now were can I see these in person?

wheming
01-13-2013, 01:01 AM
I think i need in also if this is going to be the last opportunity.
What was your preferred deposit method?
And related, Brian was doing another batch of K's, wasn't he?

gkabbt
01-13-2013, 08:35 AM

wheming,

When I picked up my k-frame from Brian last September, he said he would be doing another run in the spring of 2013.

By the by, where in the Raleigh area are you? I'm in Nashville about 45 miles east of Raleigh.

Gregg

turboshad
01-13-2013, 06:52 PM

PMed. Sorry for the super bold ending. I hit enter in the subject line and it sent before I could check the formatting.

If anyone is waiting on a reply please let me know. I think I've gotten to everyone. Also if anyone who has sent a deposit has not received an invoice reflecting that then first check your junk mail and then get back to me.

wheming
01-13-2013, 10:48 PM
no worries bro. :cool:

Badger
01-13-2013, 11:43 PM
I may br interested if Brian is making more K members.

stewdaddy23
01-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Last run.... Ugh.

OmniLuvr
01-14-2013, 03:11 PM
im waiting on word from k-frames too, what am i going to do with an awesome set of daul pivot a arms if all i own are l-bodys?

168glhs1986
01-14-2013, 03:18 PM
What word? Brian is taking deposits on new orders now. Doa quick search (on my blackberry so don't want to cut and paste)

OmniLuvr
01-14-2013, 05:49 PM
i scrolled through a few pages of his thread, the last word was like in august saying he would be taking more orders in spring of 2013, but i havent seen word from him since... but i also havent sent him a pm...

csxtra
01-15-2013, 10:47 AM
DJ...you have a PM :thumb:

wheming
01-15-2013, 06:29 PM

you got a deposit (paypal)

Badger
01-17-2013, 09:48 PM
DJ, Id like a set if its not to late. Let me know and I'll send the deposit asap

turboshad
01-18-2013, 12:17 PM
DJ, Id like a set if its not to late. Let me know and I'll send the deposit asap

Nope, not too late.

I think most people that want in are in so I'm going to set the deadline for deposits to be Friday, Jan 25 at 11:59PM MST.

This way I can start ordering material at parts. I must say I am encouraged to see so many TDers "hard core" enough to be spending their hard earned dollars on great parts like Brian's K-frame and these control arms. If anyone ever thinks the TD scene is slowing down they need to come here and have a look. I knew I could sell 3 more sets and thought at the most 5. Right now I have deposits for here or coming for 13 sets. I'm absolutely blown away and at the same point saying "WHAT HAVE I DONE!!" lol. I will do my best to get these out as quick as I can.

c2xejk
01-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Nope, not too late.

I think most people that want in are in so I'm going to set the deadline for deposits to be Friday, Jan 25 at 11:59PM MST.

This way I can start ordering material at parts. I must say I am encouraged to see so many TDers "hard core" enough to be spending their hard earned dollars on great parts like Brian's K-frame and these control arms. If anyone ever thinks the TD scene is slowing down they need to come here and have a look. I knew I could sell 3 more sets and thought at the most 5. Right now I have deposits for here or coming for 13 sets. I'm absolutely blown away and at the same point saying "WHAT HAVE I DONE!!" lol. I will do my best to get these out as quick as I can.

Hint, maybe this shouldn't be the last go round on these. I know I have strongly considered them, but I do not have the money right now...

168glhs1986
01-18-2013, 04:43 PM
You can buy mine on the "gray" market for $1000 next year.

omni_840
01-18-2013, 10:54 PM
In for a set as well! Do you need me to Pm you specs or post them here?

Paypal deposit coming shortly:)

turboshad
01-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Just a reminder that today is the last day for deposits if you are still interested.

omni_840
01-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Deposit Sent!

Turbo Joe
01-25-2013, 06:40 PM
crap! i almost forgot about this! I'm in for a set but need an addy to send my deposit..
edit: wow fast pm response! deposit sent !

Badger
01-26-2013, 01:43 AM
DJ, deposit money sent

fishcleaner
01-26-2013, 12:01 PM
For those buying the control arms you may want to get some boots for the Heim joints. The part is RERS 3. It looked imposible to get over the bolt but it worked.

omni_840
01-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Nice tip! Thanks for the link:nod:

turbovanmanČ
01-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Hint, maybe this shouldn't be the last go round on these. I know I have strongly considered them, but I do not have the money right now...

Agreed.

zin
01-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Ditto

Mike

turboshad
02-15-2013, 02:13 AM
Thanks for everyone that sent in their deposits. I was overwhelmed by the response with a total of 17 sets ordered. This will definitely be a good practice in process streamlining for me. :D Material and parts have started to come in so I hope to begin fabrication shortly and will do my best to keep this thread updated. With 17 sets it will take me some time but I want to make sure everyone sees progress is being made.

I was lucky enough to be in Minneapolis at the beginning of the month so I took the opportunity to pick up the rod ends and spherical bearings from QA1. I also got to take a tour of their production facility which was nice. One really cool room was where they are starting to make their own CF axles. Using pre-preg CF tow they are spinning their own shafts, curing them and testing all in house. I was surprised at how much they actually did in house without outsourcing. I think it shows in the quality of their parts and it most definitely gives them control over the final product.

What you probably can't see in the final pic is that all those rod ends are LH thread. I accidentally switched a letter in my part order and didn't notice until I got home. :banghead: It wouldn't change the quality of the LCAs but it really bugged me that having a LH rod end would go against convention. Fortunately I will be back in Minneapolis next month so back in my carry-on they go and I'll get them exchanged for the proper RH rod ends. :thumb:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/Snapbucket/E35D481E.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/Snapbucket/767FAE94.jpg

stewdaddy23
02-15-2013, 10:53 AM
I want! but broke! BOO!

Reaper1
02-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Schweet!!!

Badger
02-15-2013, 10:29 PM
again.......thank you for making these for the community!

wheming
02-16-2013, 03:17 AM
OK now... sucking up to him is not going to get you bumped up in line!
:D

T-Bohn
02-16-2013, 11:09 AM
I am not in on this purchase but I want to say that it is great that these are being made.

Swingvalves, T-shirts, Decals, strutbars , bushings, tranny guards. Just a few of the things I have gotten from this community.

You guys make them and I am thankfull!

Wastelands Warrior
03-15-2013, 02:28 AM
Hi DJ,

I tried sending a PM, but your box is full.

I just purchased an 87 Shelby CSX, and as such am just entering the forum for these turbo Dodges. I am very interested in creating the ultimate suspension set up for this car, and came across your control arms. I know I am past your cut off date for ordering, but I was wondering if there is any way you could add me on for a set.

Thank you.

Turbo3Iroc
03-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Wastelands, did you happen to buy the one out of MA this past week?

Wastelands Warrior
03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Wastelands, did you happen to buy the one out of MA this past week?

That's me. Picked up #339 yesterday. Now if I could just get a "yup or nope" about these control arms...

wheming
03-17-2013, 10:17 PM
While it is certainly not mine to say if DJ will do another batch of these, you aren't the only one who wanted some but missed the boat for one reason or another.

Maybe if you all show that there is enough interest he can be persuaded to do another batch. There is always hope anyway. But this kind of thing I'm sure takes up a lot of his time. And that means time away from his own projects.

turboshad
03-18-2013, 11:24 AM
That's me. Picked up #339 yesterday. Now if I could just get a "yup or nope" about these control arms...

PM'ed. Sorry for the delay. My inbox should be good now, I was a few days behind in renewing my general vendor status which cuts my inbox off.

Wastelands Warrior
03-18-2013, 01:43 PM
PM'ed. Sorry for the delay. My inbox should be good now, I was a few days behind in renewing my general vendor status which cuts my inbox off.

SWEET! PM replied to, and deposit sent! :)

gkabbt
04-22-2013, 07:12 AM
Got my LCA's last Friday and all I can say is WOW for the excellent craftsmanship!
Looking forward to getting these on my Rampage.

Thanks again DJ,
Gregg

glhs727
04-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Got my LCA's last Friday and all I can say is WOW for the excellent craftsmanship!
Looking forward to getting these on my Rampage.

Thanks again DJ,
Greggso is this new batch done?

gkabbt
04-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Cindy, not trying to speak for DJ but I've had many emails with him since last October. I believe he put me at the top of the list for this batch. Also, the arms I got did not have his coating on them so that saved time. I'm going to have the LCA's and my Slowe k-frame powder coated.

Gregg

Badger
04-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Gregg.......I have the same setup coming and its going on my Rampage so Im very interested in hearing how everything works out for you!

gkabbt
04-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Gregg.......I have the same setup coming and its going on my Rampage so Im very interested in hearing how everything works out for you!

I have my truck on a rotisserie at the present doing the wire wheel cleaning thing on the underside. After I finish that it will be on to primer and paint. The k-frame and LCA's will probably go on towards the end of May / beginning of June.

Gregg

turboshad
04-23-2013, 06:04 PM
As Gregg mentioned we've been talking for quite some time and he was instrumental in the jump start of a second batch. I just happened to have enough material and parts on hand to complete his as he was also the only person who expressed some urgency so he was a special case. But as he also mentioned they were sent raw and he accepted the responsibility to have things coated/finished.

As an update on the larger picture I have all the material and parts now. The tubes are cut and bent with the next step being notching. As I have mentioned before I ended up with 4 times as many orders as I expected which also meant I wasn't equipped to handle the volume efficiently which I've been taking means to rectify. One of those areas has been notching. I calculated that I will need to do 324 tube notches which I'm just not going to do with a hand drill. The notcher I built was made for a vice and 1/2" drill so last night I finished modifying and building new pieces so it can be used in a drill press. Notching will commence soon followed by the machined pieces and then welding.

I know people are excited and all I can do is curse Brian for his quick turn around times. ;) I'm giving as much time as I can to get these out for you as soon as I can. That isn't to say I've been getting any pressure from you guys or do I mind the occasional check ins. I appreciate all your patience and look forward to delivering the best product I can.

speedfreek500
04-23-2013, 07:36 PM
"I appreciate all your patience and look forward to delivering the best product I can. "

Now thats what we all wanna hear.
Do these come powder coated? I that they were all raw?

turboshad
04-23-2013, 08:06 PM
They will be salt bath nitrided. Powder coating can chip and adds thickness which means it can't be used in quite a few areas. The nitride gets it all with a
small bit of case hardening as an added benefit.

rx2mazda
04-23-2013, 09:00 PM
If you were as fast as my Omni you would have them done 1 year ago!

Shadow
04-23-2013, 09:09 PM

Are you suggesting your Omni takes a year to finish the 1/4 mile? :p

turboshad
04-24-2013, 01:15 PM

LOL, I think I'll just make another website where we can all talk about owning them. We'll call it bench owning. :D

Wastelands Warrior
06-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Any update on these?

turboshad
06-06-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm still in the process of notching and machining. I had a project that was started before I took on these orders which needed to be finished and had a higher priority. Once again expecting to have 5 or 6 orders I thought they could easily be done side by side but that wasn't the case. That project took a bit longer then I expected with a few hiccups but I completed it last week so now my top priority is the control arms. I expect to be welding things together shortly after I return from SDAC. Sorry for the delays and once again I appreciate everyone's patience.

minigts
06-06-2013, 10:46 AM
You flying in this year or do you have a car you're driving?

turboshad
06-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Neither. I kind of told people I would make some control arms so this vetoed any working on my own car until they are done. :) My parents are heading to Toronto to pick up some things they inherited so I'll be helping them drive as far as Chicago and then hitching a ride with Benji the rest of the way. I'll meet up with them again in Chicago on the way home and help them drive back. With what I want to do I may be lucky if it my car even makes SDAC 24.

minigts
06-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Sounds like a plan. Hopefully you'll have the car ready by next year. Are you making a Shadow from scratch or something? That may prove difficult to be ready for 24. See you in a couple weeks!

omni_840
06-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the update:)

Wastelands Warrior
07-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Any update on these?

turboshad
07-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Still notching and machining. Our machine shop was put on 12hr shifts 6 days a week so I haven't been able to get in to machine anything for the last month. The long shifts end this week with the delivery of a large project so the machines will be freed up again and I can make more progress with the machined parts. I expect to be done the notching next week. Progress is being made, I'm sure not as quickly as anyone would really like but these are at the top of my priority list right now. Once again thank you for everyone's patience. :)

minigts
07-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Still notching and machining. Our machine shop was put on 12hr shifts 6 days a week so I haven't been able to get in to machine anything for the last month. The long shifts end this week with the delivery of a large project so the machines will be freed up again and I can make more progress with the machined parts. I expect to be done the notching next week. Progress is being made, I'm sure not as quickly as anyone would really like but these are at the top of my priority list right now. Once again thank you for everyone's patience. :)

PHEW! I thought you were going to pull the old "cutest baby in the world is taking up your time" excuse. ;)

Reaper1
07-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the update! Not like my car is going anywhere anytime soon, but hey...still good to know! :)

Wastelands Warrior
07-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Any updates on these?

turboshad
08-01-2013, 11:02 AM
I have one night left and all the notching will be done. All 216 cuts. Then 2 more nights of machining to finish the 72 parts I need to start welding the first half. There are a total of 324 parts including spacers that I need to machine for all 18 sets with 36 extra finish passes for the bearing bores once welded. Some parts are quick, others take a bit of time. I will start welding the first half while I finish the machining for the second half. I will be talking with my nitriding company today to discuss if there would be any extra cost in doing it in half batches which would mean I could get the first half out a bit sooner. My current plan would be to let those go to the first 8 people that put deposits down and yourself (Wastelands) as so far you are the only one that has expressed some urgency. While those are being done I should be able to finish up the machining for the second half and then begin the welding on those. I will be sending out emails shortly with a couple questions so I know what to make for kingpins and spacers. As always, thanks for your patience. :)

Turbo Joe
08-01-2013, 09:16 PM
well i can wait for mine so someone thats being held up by not having these control arms can get their car together. I'm still getting mine together and i have the cast amrs with poly bushings so I can wait for now..

Irocelectric93
08-05-2013, 02:10 AM
My car isn't even close to drive able so god knows i can wait lol. My car will be done sometime before i turn 85.

Wastelands Warrior
09-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Another month has gone by, so time to ask for an another update...

turboshad
09-13-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry I just saw this today. I have emailed an update and questionnaire to everyone who has ordered control arms so please check the email you either used for paypal or that you provided to me. Everyone's response is necessary so I can make you the proper parts. Thank you.

Reaper1
09-15-2013, 06:42 AM
Thanks! Email sent! :thumb:

Turbo Joe
09-15-2013, 08:50 PM
replied.. thanks for the heads up :)

wheming
09-15-2013, 10:48 PM
When you say "uprights" do you mean the steering knuckle?

If I plan to use with Brian's k-frame, I just need to not use knuckles from a cast control arm car? (If I want the 1" drop for better geometry?)

turboshad
09-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Yes, uprights and knuckles refer to the same thing. If you use cast arm uprights the 1" drop is built into them as they are 1" longer from hub center to the pinch bolt center. This is why I can only off the 1" longer king pin for the stamped arm uprights. In the end the ball joint ends up in the same place for both.

wheming
09-16-2013, 07:25 PM
My dilemma is I dont have a set of knuckles yet. Not that this is your problem though but I was unsure if I was going to use the arms and k frame in my 91 Spirit (cast arms), or Slug (89 stamped dual pivot).

I guess now has come the time for me to decide which car gets the love...

Are your arms physically different between the two options? Its just a difference in kingpin length/height, right?

Wastelands Warrior
10-26-2013, 01:11 AM
???????????

168glhs1986
10-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Lets see if we make it in under the 365 day mark. Im pulling for you DJ.

Turbo Joe
10-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Lets see if we make it in under the 365 day mark. Im pulling for you DJ.
lol well he got slammed alot harder with orders than he thought... I'm in no rush anyhow..

turboshad
10-28-2013, 02:35 PM
I can understand the inquiries and don't mind at all. I got the new tube order in for my screw up (everything takes longer to get in Canada) and have complete redoing those pieces so I expect to begin welding the first batch later this week. Once they have been welded I need to re-size the the bearing bore and then they will be sent for coating. As soon as the first batch is done I will begin welding the second batch.

speedfreek500
10-28-2013, 07:09 PM
It takes a BIG man to own up on a mistake :clap: but sh!t happens, With a one off product like these I can wait till there done. Good things come to those who wait.

thedon809
10-28-2013, 08:45 PM
I have no problem waiting. I need to build and engine and source a trans before I can even utilize the tube arms and k-frame.

nvysion
11-13-2013, 09:21 AM
I have just sent my deposit, fortunately it was not too late for me.

francois
11-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Wait!

Can we order some?
I would add my name in a hurry! :hail:

nvysion
11-17-2013, 03:34 AM
Send a message to turboshad.

I can't find the link for the Brian's Kframe, could someone tell me where the thread is ?

168glhs1986
11-17-2013, 08:05 AM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?56319-Tubular-K-frames-now-available/page16

nvysion
11-18-2013, 05:45 AM
Thanks Mike

turboshad
12-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Well, I'm getting there. I should have the last 10 for the first batch welded by the end of next week, then a final hone of the bearing bore and off to be coated. After that I'll be starting to weld the second batch.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/Snapbucket/8826817A.jpg (http://s54.photobucket.com/user/turboshad/media/Snapbucket/8826817A.jpg.html)

turbovanmanČ
12-12-2013, 02:03 PM
So does this mean a deal on the "messed up" controls arm? :p

turboshad
12-12-2013, 02:12 PM
It means a heck of a deal on 38 bent and notched .095 tubes. They will be labelled as 1/10 Control Arm DIY kits.

turbovanmanČ
12-12-2013, 02:42 PM
it means a heck of a deal on 38 bent and notched .095 tubes. They will be labelled as 1/10 control arm diy kits.

schweet! :eyebrows:

Reaper1
12-13-2013, 12:11 AM
Thank you for the update DJ! I know you are SUPER busy. I wonder if Santa will leave some sweet control arms under the tree for me this year? ;)

168glhs1986
01-03-2014, 12:21 PM
One year anniversary since deposit sent coming up on the 10th :)

However, its all good. Brian won't be able to install these until March 2014 at the earliest.....

turboshad
01-03-2014, 05:20 PM
You are correct. Last night I finished welding the 20th arm which completes the first 10 sets. After a final hone for the spherical bore they will go to be nitrided and then will be ready for shipment. I have 75%-80% of the machining done for the final 10 sets which leaves me with the welding on those.

PS Mike, you're in the first batch so you should have them well before March. :)

Badger
01-03-2014, 07:27 PM
thanks for the update DJ!

168glhs1986
01-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Thanks DJ, Just tell me how much i owe and where to send it

Reaper1
01-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Awesome! Great to hear!

francois
01-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Since I got interested to commit way too late DJ, I would be interested in the parts that have are defect.
For a L-body.

No rush, I understand you need to get the right part to those who paid but I would be interested in a defect parts if that can be saved.
I have access to a super guy that weld TIG and I'm a machinist if I ever need to machine something (Didn't read the whole problem)

When time comes, let me know!
Have a nice day!

Francois

Irocelectric93
02-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Payment sent! Thanks DJ

Wastelands Warrior
02-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Payment sent in as well.

Reaper1
02-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Just curious where the batches stand on production?

turboshad
02-12-2014, 05:19 PM
698 fabricated pieces with 320 notches, 80 bends, 368 machining process, 40 bore hones and over 72.5 feet of welding later........that was easy :)

The batch on the right are the first 10. If you haven't received an email at your paypal address then you aren't part of the first batch. But don't fret because the second is nearly done. They need a final hone and then should be sent for nitriding early next week. I will be sending out final payment emails to everyone shortly.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/Snapbucket/1bca7096-5c84-42f8-8cf2-cd68ff7a4ebf.jpg (http://s54.photobucket.com/user/turboshad/media/Snapbucket/1bca7096-5c84-42f8-8cf2-cd68ff7a4ebf.jpg.html)

mcsvt
02-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Really looking good DJ, thanks for all the hard work!

Shadow
02-13-2014, 08:11 PM
It means a heck of a deal on 38 bent and notched .095 tubes. They will be labelled as 1/10 Control Arm DIY kits.

Did I miss something? Looked back 5 pages and couldn't find any comment that explained this?

zin
02-13-2014, 11:35 PM
Good, I'm not crazy (or at least the only one!) .

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Good, I'm not crazy (or at least the only one!) .

Mike

turismolover22
02-14-2014, 02:19 AM
Id be in for a diy kit or two, what would be the price, and defects involved

turboshad
02-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Did I miss something? Looked back 5 pages and couldn't find any comment that explained this?

I got the new tube order in for my screw up (everything takes longer to get in Canada) and have complete redoing those pieces ...

In an email to those who purchased the arms I explained that I made a mistake on the long front 1 1/4x.095 bent piece where they were all 1/4" too short. I had to order up new material and re-bend notch them all. The 1/10 DIY kit was a joke referring to the box of defect pieces I now have. There is no point in actually selling/buying these pieces since it is such a relatively small portion of the entire project and if you can pull the rest off this one piece would be nothing to make properly. Really they are just scrap metal.

Reaper1
02-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the update, DJ! Much appreciated! Only problem is now I keep checking my email every 5 minutes! LMAO! ;) :thumb:

turismolover22
02-15-2014, 12:19 AM
Ahh i see. I thought there was an issue somewhere else that required a complete "rebuild" or rework.

168glhs1986
02-15-2014, 06:48 AM
Nice work DJ and Thanks for doing this.

omni_840
02-15-2014, 04:54 PM
^Agreed:nod:

francois
02-20-2014, 01:39 PM
There is no point in actually selling/buying these pieces since it is such a relatively small portion of the entire project and if you can pull the rest off this one piece would be nothing to make properly. Really they are just scrap metal.

A sad day for me. I thought that would have gave me an opportunity to have my hands on a set even if I had to work a little.
I should have jump when they were available...was caught in a middle of a divorce!

Reaper1
02-22-2014, 10:40 PM
Shipping payment sent!!! WOOHOOO!!! :partywoot::banana-mario::rockon:

Turbo Joe
02-24-2014, 06:47 PM
final payment sent :) thanks man

csxtra
02-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Look what showed up this morning:

Quality Parts...Well worth the wait!!

Thanks DJ!!

Wastelands Warrior
02-26-2014, 09:22 PM
Mine should be waiting for me at home today...:)

wheming
02-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Got mine today!

lengel
02-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Got mine today as well. a++++ work! Thanks DJ!

nvysion
03-02-2014, 04:57 AM
I would like to see some pics showing how to mount and drill the sway bar w/ the lower arms.

168glhs1986
03-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Very professional piece DJ. Thanks so much for your efforts.

turboshad
03-02-2014, 11:44 PM
I would like to see some pics showing how to mount and drill the sway bar w/ the lower arms.

Post #826 is what I did. I would try to get things a bit tighter to to the sway bar as I did have some rim rubbing problems.....but only on one side. Something weird happened and one wheel turns further than the other. Haven't taken time to look at it. The other option would be something to make the joint smaller. I used rod ends but maybe there is another way. The whole sway bar thing is up to the user and somewhat experimental in its attachment in that setups can be different. I just provided a place to attach one. The hole is 1/2" but you could always use smaller rod ends and make a sleeve to take up the difference in bolt size. 1/2" is a bit overkill.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?39999-93-2-4l-DOHC-Shadow/page42

nvysion
03-04-2014, 02:01 AM
Thanks.
Beautiful work, unfortunately that will not be an easy task for me to make what you did, I'm only a bolt-on guy :(

Reaper1
03-08-2014, 12:09 AM
I just got mine today. HOLY COW!! Seeing pictures is one thing...seeing them in person...all I can say is BEAUTIFUL!!! :thumb: DJ, THANK YOU!! I am not disappointed at all! It was worth the wait. Thank you SO much! I can't wait to put them on my car. Of course I'll have to get the engine and all in it to really appreciate them fully. :rockon:

Reaper1
11-05-2019, 04:11 PM
5 years later I'm FINALLY installing these! I forgot they were based on the '91-up cast control arms. I ran into a tire interference problem on the left front hitting the front of the wheel well on my '90. So, I might have to do some fabrication of some spacers. No biggie. LOTS of room!