PDA

View Full Version : My 88 Shadow ES T1

grsmnky81
02-22-2011, 11:39 PM
I just added my 88 shadow to the garage pics. she'll be gettign a 87 shelby shadow engine soon because im practically getting it for nothing. The guy giving me the hook up on the engine is a long time buddy of mine that i just took to california to pick up another 87 csx shadow that he will be fixing and driving too. The engine im getting has 125k and some change, so, therefore it will get a simple rebuild. The shadow we just picked up has 88k and he said it boosts better, faster, and engine feels stronger. anyone have some helpful tips and/or pointers before this goes under way? where is a good place to get a complete gasket set from, piston rings and bearings? or should i just go to a local parts supplier and get a kit from them? This will be my first 2.2 turbo build, but not my first turbo build. i'm also rocking a 87 Chrysler Conquest TSi 2.6L rwd turbo, mildly modified of course :eyebrows:

R/T
02-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Rockauto.com is great for parts.....

And 88 Shadow ES's rock!!! :clap:

ShadowFromHell
02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
oooohhhh a black 4 door? NICE! I have a white 2 door, cant wait to get it on the road again!

grsmnky81
02-24-2011, 11:05 PM
mines a white 2 door as well, the 4 doors are nice. adds to the sleeper status lol. and rockauto.com, thanks for the info R/T and yes, Shadows rock!!! i think they look the best !!!

raccoon
02-25-2011, 02:53 AM
Ive got one of those, yours has most of its paint still. by far my favourite car.

R/T
02-25-2011, 09:52 AM
The 4 door is my Son's - TurboShadow on here - he lets me drive it for all the time I spend helping work on it.... :thumb:

grsmnky81
02-26-2011, 12:30 AM
my paint needs to be done to, what didnt show in the pics was all the spots that have risen up and bubbled in large patches since the last time it got rained on. its a good thing a buddy of mine owns his own body shop. he's going to do the body work and re-paint the 87 Conquest TSi i just got done putting together, so ill have him re-paint this one too, back to the white with the little pin stripes. Future plans for this car is the srt-4 neon 2.4L swap. Any one done that one? or know of it being done? only reason im not doing it now is cause the f'in nevada DMV will VIN inspect it to make sure its the way it should be before they switch the title from california to nevada :-(

Shelby5150
02-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Nice buy! I'm quite partial to p-bodies!! Freakin paint! I have wet daily wet dreams thinking about a 2.4L swap. Damn you smog nazis!!:mad:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Shroom5150/GEDC0698.jpg

grsmnky81
02-26-2011, 07:33 PM
i guess a perk of building transmissions for a dealer is that the techs that do the smogs will give you the hook up when you need it cause they know at some point they wil need you as well haha. after the title is changed to nevada, then i will begin putting the set up together. wich transmission is strong enough to handle what the 2.4T is capable of? i can build the engien to run a reliable 300+ whp, thats not the issue. its trying to find a trans to hold up to it AND fit in the subframe. Or i could see how long a 3 speed automatic would hold up lol, i can build it to handle only so much since i have seen absolutely 0 aftermarket upgrade parts for this trans or the later neon 3 speed.

shadow88
02-26-2011, 08:05 PM
You should talk to some of the fast auto guys around here. http://www.turbo-mopartimes.com/ I'm sure there's something available to get an auto to hold what you want.

If you're set on stirring your own gears (and good for you if you are) the model a-555 and a-520 should be able to put up with that for a while as well as the a-568 and a-523. However each of those transmissions bring starter location problems with the 2.4L. Best to PM someone who has done it like Badassperformance. Maybe the best choice is the srt-4 sourced t-850 or the a-604 from a pt gt. But I'm entirely not sure about fitment with those. I'm sure if you ask through PM's you'll find your answers.

BadAssPerformance
02-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Did I hear my name? ;)

The T-850 is probably the easiest option... the old school trans can work tho as 3/4 of the main engine to trans bolts mount up

2.4L A555/568 mount thread (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?15944-2.4L-A555-G-Body-Custom-Mounts)

More front motor mount detail (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?51835-2.4L-with-A568-Front-Motor-Mount)

grsmnky81
03-02-2011, 02:23 AM
been having computer issues, sorry fot the delay in feedback. i have heard that the t-850 doesnt exactly fit, and ive built a ton of the 604's, the inside really havent changes since 89 as far as geartrain, although they did go to a 5 pinion planet for output instead of the hollow 4 pinion carrier, still the geartrain is SMALL and EASILY broken. I have a t-850 already, along with an intake and ported tb, pcm, coil, wires and small other small stuff. just need the axles, clutch and harness. first things first lol. 1st and foremost, road readiness! then engine swaps lol

ableu16
04-11-2011, 07:08 PM
I have a 89 shadow es and i am in desperate need of a driver side back quarter panel! Any idea where i can get one?