PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Trailblazer ES??

RoadWarrior222
02-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Hi folks,

Had the wagon out today, nice, straight dry road, well warmed up, so had to clear it's throat a bit from the stop lights. After roaring off from a couple a Chevy worked it's way alongside me, and seemed to be going for it with me. I was ahead by a nose until 55ish... then the chebby surged ahead until I was level with his arse end, and noticing the speed, I let him go... but he was gonna manage to creep away by then.

Well best I could see through the salt streaks, looked like the badge said ES... whereas I only seem to see mention of an LS and SS... not sure though if we got some weird ones up here in Canada... sometimes have trims that aren't in the US.

Can't figure which it was. When it surged it squeaked the tires... now if it was an SS it should have had an LSD and shouldn't have I would have thought.... also the thought occurs that if it was an SS he was thinking the torque would be enough and wasn't full into it, until he kicked down or snatched the lever back if it was an auto. It did seem to rev high then, if it was a manual it might have been a muffed shift.

Interesting...
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=15741

I have thus far guesstimated the wagon capable of low 16 or high 15s, and sub 8 second 0-60mph, the above thread makes it sound like it was possibly a closeish match if it was an LS.

But I don't wanna be beaten by no chebby SUV again..... gotta find headers :evil:

RW222

black86glhs
02-20-2011, 12:15 AM
They also put the 5.3 V8 in them. The 4.2L6 was good for 7.7 0-60. The 5.3 was into the 6.8-6.9 area. A couple of bolt ons and a tune you could hit 6-6.5 0-60 with the 5.3. It could have had a locking rear(G80) in it.

RoadWarrior222
02-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Didn't think there was so much diff between the 6 cyl and the 5300, since they're only about 10 HP or so apart... reading that trailvoy forum though, seems they're all over the map and need specific launch techniques to get the last half second down.

Evilancer
02-20-2011, 02:05 PM
The only trim levels for the Trailblazer are LS, LT, SS. or LTZ. No manual trans was ever offered in them. SS was available in 2wd or awd. For '06 the 4.2 got a boost in power to 291hp. Before we bought our Envoy wife and I test drove an SS for the hell of it, it was a rwd one. Easily broke the tires lose from a dead stop, even with the G80. Wether they have the 4.2, 5.3, or the 6.0 LS2, they all get up and go pretty nice, being as heavy as they are.

Jon