PDA

View Full Version : feeling good here! had to go out! 2 kills

roachjuice
02-19-2011, 11:25 PM
so i was on my way back from my parents house which is about 25-30 miles away and on the way you can go on the local strip or take the highway. well i took the long way. so first kill. like 99-04 mach 1. had 315 tires out back huge! and exhaust from what i can hear. i see him taking off out of walmart like an ---. so i decide what the hell. havent street raced in a while. so i follow him for a bit then blew off in his window. it got his attention and he reved. its on. second gear roll im not knowing how this is gonna turn out we are doing around 35. we take off. lag then spin hit the shift light to third then vtec kicks in!!! (lol. vtec.) it was neck and neck through second and third i started to pull pretty good. topped out third and i was done. he was at my back bumper at the end. wanted to talk to him but he turned off. guess his girlfriend in the car was asking him "why did you lose to a haggard pos black car?" second race. i went to sonic to let my car cool. (stupid fan wasnt kicking on but i hot wired it till i got home) buddy comes up there to see what im doing and i was about to leave. i got the impression that he wanted to run but wasnt sure. he has an 06 gto 6.0 6 speed w/ tune,intake,exhaust,headers and shifter. so i take off telling him see ya later and headed home. he got in his car and proceeded to follow. i kinda follow and he guns it then slows down for me. same situation. 2nd gear same speed. but i get the jump on him and had about a bumper on him. we stayed neck and neck and i shut it down in the middle of 4th. dunno how fast i was going. i was paying attention to the knock light and shift light. btw the last run i was getting some knock. still messing with the tune. :nod: gonna change my fuel pump and re run him. i wanna destroy him lol. im still running the stock 86 glht fuel pump. ;) had fun. im setting up a tripod this week in my car so i can video some stuff. this year is gonna be fun. EDIT: talked to my buddy with the gto. he said we hit 100mph, :D

boost geek
02-19-2011, 11:40 PM
If your gonna video it, don't get pulled over, GAME OVER for you...

roachjuice
02-19-2011, 11:48 PM
If your gonna video it, don't get pulled over, GAME OVER for you...
word.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

i dont street race that often. but more often than the track lol. im gonna do more track stuff this year. gotta get slicks.......

bris09
02-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Apparently you are nowhere near almost stock even with a 2.5. The mach is a low to mid 13 second car , stock. The tires and starting speed killed him though. I would never start a race at 25-30mph. In 2nd gear he was roughly 2k rpms below the point of making any kind of power. 35-40mph would be a good starting point for a Mach in 2nd gear. Not sure where 3rd maxes out on your car but the Mach tops out around 95mph in third gear. If it had the tri-bar emblem on the fender it was an 03. If it had a circular emblem with a horse in it, it was an 04. They were the only two years Ford built the new Mach 1s. With the work you said was done to the GTO it should be a mid to high 12 second car. So that is two impressive wins. Now it's time to take it to the track and see how you fair against them from a dead stop.

roachjuice
02-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Yea I need some slicks. Track opens tomorrow here. But I wont be there.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

The sig I have is a joke lol. I have a turbonetics 50 trim turbo with a stage 2 wheel in a .63 housing.

Dave
02-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Atta boy! :clap:

3Bar_Mopar
03-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Dude, what boost with the stock fuel pump?

roachjuice
03-01-2011, 05:16 PM
17 psi On the 50 trim. 24psi on the stock turbo.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I had more room left on the stock turbo. I bet I could have done 26-27 psi. My af with the 50 trim and 17psi is 10:9. I have a little room left. But i dont wanna chance it. 24psi was also on the stock 86 short block.

3Bar_Mopar
03-03-2011, 11:21 PM
17 psi On the 50 trim. 24psi on the stock turbo.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I had more room left on the stock turbo. I bet I could have done 26-27 psi. My af with the 50 trim and 17psi is 10:9. I have a little room left. But i dont wanna chance it. 24psi was also on the stock 86 short block.

How the heck are you boosting that much with a stock fuel pump?

Force Fed Mopar
03-03-2011, 11:49 PM
I got eat alive by a Mach 1 once, in the GLHS. I was nearly stock though (cam, StageII chip, 52mm TB) and on 195/60's.

roachjuice
03-04-2011, 02:12 AM
How the heck are you boosting that much with a stock fuel pump?
the only thing i can think of is that the stock fuel pump can do much more than expected. i bet you can do 12's on it easy. i just swapped it out today for a 255 and it went from 10:9af to 10:0 at the same boost level lol. so yea i guess the stock pump is pretty stout. ive always watched my af while on the stock pump.