PDA

View Full Version : No power to fuel pump

me235
02-19-2011, 11:19 PM
1987 lebaron, t1 car, no power back at the fuel pump, I've tried jumping pos battery to coil, tried jumping power to what I think I the asd ( drivers side fender relay) still nothing, any suggestions??

cordes
02-19-2011, 11:24 PM
1987 lebaron, t1 car, no power back at the fuel pump, I've tried jumping pos battery to coil, tried jumping power to what I think I the asd ( drivers side fender relay) still nothing, any suggestions??

IIRC all the cars route the FP wire through the passenger compartment to the pump. I would run a new wire to it. You could also find out where it is not making contact.

Did you double check that you are not getting power at the connector to the pump?

me235
02-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Yea there are 2 units in the tank, I assume 1 is the sending unit and 1 is the pump, the 2 wire plug I assume is the pump and there is no power there, I've seen the car run a few months ago, my buddy just bought it, the car has sat for months, and now no fuel or power to the pump

cordes
02-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Yea there are 2 units in the tank, I assume 1 is the sending unit and 1 is the pump, the 2 wire plug I assume is the pump and there is no power there, I've seen the car run a few months ago, my buddy just bought it, the car has sat for months, and now no fuel or power to the pump

If you are energizing the circuit by jumping power to the coil, you should get something at the pump. Time to start looking for the break in the wire. Bummer.

me235
02-19-2011, 11:41 PM
It's got good spark, but I still put power to the positive side of the coil and still no fuel

cordes
02-19-2011, 11:52 PM
It's got good spark, but I still put power to the positive side of the coil and still no fuel

Almost certainly a wiring issue with the FP. Start at the front and work your way back.