PDA

View Full Version : Rattlesnake on weight watchers

Rattlesnake
07-03-2006, 02:20 PM
This was a long weekend so I decided to gut out my car. I saved 212.6lbs once everything was out. I still have the head liner and the door panels on, and they eventually will come out. I took it out for a test and everything rrrrrrrrrattles, the mirrors are blurry and my teeth chatter, sounds VERY loud inside due to the absence of the dampening items, I really like ti now.:D

BadAssPerformance
07-03-2006, 02:23 PM
pics?

Speedeuphoria
07-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Yeah now you can really feel the speed in your teeth.
I did the same to my spirit except went a little further and took out the HVAC unit under the dash, the wipers/motors/hardware, and gutted the rear doors and screwed some black lexan in place of the glass and took out all the seatbelts. I still have the dash, new seats, headlinner and front door pannels and front trim peices. It looks like crap but I painted it all black so it looks OK.

Thanks for the weight of the stuff I figure I lost ~300lbs then.
I'll send you the pics of the new suspension tonight when I get to the other computer
matt

Rattlesnake
07-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah now you can really feel the speed in your teeth.
I did the same to my spirit except went a little further and took out the HVAC unit under the dash, the wipers/motors/hardware, and gutted the rear doors and screwed some black lexan in place of the glass and took out all the seatbelts. I still have the dash, new seats, headlinner and front door pannels and front trim peices. It looks like crap but I painted it all black so it looks OK.

Thanks for the weight of the stuff I figure I lost ~300lbs then.
I'll send you the pics of the new suspension tonight when I get to the other computer
matt
I also took out the A/C unit from under the dash, that alone was 27.6lbs!The seatbelts also came out.
I'm going to take all the glass out, except the windshield and replace them with lexan, the windows mechanisms are also comming out. And then I'll stiffen the body with a rollcage.

show-off
07-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Hey Rattlesnake...just do like I did and add some nitrous! Holly crap that stuff is fun!

Frank
07-03-2006, 07:24 PM
This was a long weekend so I decided to gut out my car. I saved 212.6lbs once everything was out. I still have the head liner and the door panels on, and they eventually will come out. I took it out for a test and everything rrrrrrrrrattles, the mirrors are blurry and my teeth chatter, sounds VERY loud inside due to the absence of the dampening items, I really like ti now.:D

As for the noise, make a frame filler might work?? I am curious to this because at least it is helping to stiffen the chassis even though it is adding weight again... and at least it would be uniform from front back for weight addition. Just a thought. I have a stripped out shadow that I have to start thinking about very soon.

Frank

Rattlesnake
07-03-2006, 09:44 PM
As for the noise, make a frame filler might work?? I am curious to this because at least it is helping to stiffen the chassis even though it is adding weight again... and at least it would be uniform from front back for weight addition. Just a thought. I have a stripped out shadow that I have to start thinking about very soon.

Frank
You know? I was thinking about that. Do you know where can I get that product?
Hi Mark? did you get your trans troubles fixed?

show-off
07-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Hopefully it will be back from Cliff R real soon.

Frank
07-03-2006, 11:41 PM
You know? I was thinking about that. Do you know where can I get that product?
Hi Mark? did you get your trans troubles fixed?

I am trying to find a brand also.

LynX853
07-04-2006, 12:12 AM
did you pull the dash to get the AC stuff from in it? or is there some super secret way to do it without the headache of pulling the dash?

Rattlesnake
07-04-2006, 10:24 AM
did you pull the dash to get the AC stuff from in it? or is there some super secret way to do it without the headache of pulling the dash?
Nope, you don't have to pull the dash out. Just remove the center console, radio, glove box and the bar that is exposed after you remove the glovebox, remove the air ducts, take out the nuts that hold the unit agains the firewall and yank on it. Once loose just look for the right angle and it'll come out through the passenger side.:thumb: