PDA

View Full Version : Silver State Classic GLHS

86GLHS301
02-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Greetings Turbo-Mopar,

I am new to this site and am looking for help and insight from all of you. I am the proud care taker of 86 GLHS #301 and want to build this car to run in the Silver State Classic road race, be an awesome daily driver, and just all around bullet proof collector item.

I am sure some will be upset when you hear I have not interest in keeping this car "pure". It is my reasoning Carroll would want to see one of his creations taken to its limit and not to be stuck on all the plastic parts (most of which are broken in this car anyway) and making sure everything is just so.

With that in mind, my plan is to gut it, cage it, paint it, fix it, drive it, abuse it, and generally scare people with it.

Suggestions?

-Mark

5sp. mini
02-11-2011, 07:27 AM
welcome you can find so go exsampeles here to mold your after.and thats find if you want to mod. your the way you want.

BadAssPerformance
02-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the forum, sounds like a fun project!

If you car is complete someone with a gutted one might want to trade?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Also if you are looking for weight saving.. keeping the interior doesnt weigh much on an Omni

Force Fed Mopar
02-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Since he says most of the interior is ratty, I doubt it'll be much loss :) I say go for it, I have similar plans for my '87 GLHS. I plan on building underbody panels to smooth the airflow under the car at speed, which is something you'll need also if you're running the Silver State Classic.