PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: My late fathers very clean Spirir R/T 4 sale.

dds78910
02-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Well after a long battle of Lung Cancer my Dad passed away from Lung cancer at the age of 57. I will miss him very much, but I'm glad he isnt suffering anymore. He left me his beautiful 91 Spirit R/T, but my mom needs the $ from the car more than I need the car so I want to sell the car for her. My dad had a love and appreciateion for cars more than anyone I had ever met. His cars always got waxed once a month and were always maintained excelent. He even kept a log book of all the times he filled the car with gas, when, where, amount and date! He has all the receipts for parts and maint. done to the car.

The cars is very clean and rust free, never drivin in the winter since he bought it in 1996 and the car was always garaged. The car has some normal road chips you can expect for a 20 year old car having original paint. He rebuilt the engine a year ago. He was very detailed in rebuiling the engine. I dont think I have know anyone who was as precise and exact as my dad when it came to rebuiling engines.

Anyways he reuilt the engine 1 year ago, and the head was completely gone through. I can post pics up of the head when I get home I dont have the pics here.

*Engine bored .020" and Weisco pistons installed, block was bored with MP performance honing plate.
*ARP head studs, main studs and rod bolts.
*Cometic head gasket.
*Head decked and completely gone through.
*Small fan mounted on back of Intercoller for better cooling when A/C is on.
*Custom 3 gauge pod with fuel pressure gauge.
*No Cat, and Dynomax super turbo muffler with tip.
*New tires put on with less than 1000 miles on them.

I love this car, it is so nice and drives so smooth and rides so much better than my R/T:D The car originally didnt have power windows, lock and seat. But dad swapped everything with a donor R/T so it now has Power windows, Locks and Seat. A/C blows very cold. Car almost has 130,000 miles on it. The pics I'm going to post are scaned pics that my Dad took. The weather is bad here so I didnt want to take it out for pics but I can get some more pics up this weekend when the weather is better. And the engine pics I took in the garage today. The pic of the aluminum cylinder on the R/S of the engine bay is a fuel isolator for the fuel gauge in the cab. Since it is a mechanical gauge it sends coolant to the gauge instead of fuel to keep things safe.

Giving the the work done to the car and how clean the car is I'm listing the car for $4500.00 o.b.o The car is Located in Rapid City, SD and I live in Winnemucca, NV. If some one want the car they need to arange shipping or pick up in South Dakota. If some one want the car before I drive home next week that lives near Nevada I can bring it back, the buyer would have to pay for the rental of a dolly and I would tow it back. The R/T for sale is the one in the middle of the drive way. My # is 775-335-5113 or you can PM me for any questions.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28809&d=1297353585

blk86trbo
02-10-2011, 12:34 PM
My condolences about your Father, Dustin. Good luck with the sale

Warren Stramer
02-10-2011, 01:32 PM
I just have to say FWIW I can vouch for this cars mechanical quality, Dan was fanatical about all tolerances and every mechanical detail. A VERY reliable car clean car.

glhs727
02-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. 57 is too young....
The car looks great! If I didn't already have an r/t, I'd be all over that one!!
Good Luck with the sale!
later,
Cindy

speedfreek500
02-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father also,i think you should keep this car for yourself and sell something else to raise some money,you maybe really sad when it goes and will miss it too.you'd be really mad if some young kid bought it and trashed it with a wach load of parts that didnt belong on this carbeat the hell out of it,crash it and sell it $500 to support his party habbits.

turbovanmanČ
02-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad, :(

Good luck with the sale.

dds78910
02-11-2011, 01:38 AM
I would love To keep it, but I have 3 spirits now and I'm also getting a truck from my dad too. And if I keep this spirit too it would just sit, so I would like someone else have the chance to fully enjoy it. And get my mom some $ to help her with bills.

dds78910
02-12-2011, 11:03 AM
I found his pics of the engine build, there are alot more detailed pics besides these. Some pics of the valves after being ground, testing the valve springs, rods after machining. ect.

dds78910
02-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Bump!

Austrian Dodge
02-13-2011, 02:34 PM
my condolences, it's a terrible loss for anyone to loose his dad!!!!

free bump for a sweet ride and my best wishes to you and your family

omniac
02-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Such a gorgeous car. Too bad I live on the east coast of Canada - nothing like this ever shows up close to home! I'd love to have this car as my dad has a 1995 Dodge Spirit with Gold Package - only 20,000 miles on it - it would be cool to cruise around together.

My deepest condolences to you and your family on the loss of your dad.

dds78910
02-17-2011, 10:51 AM
:bump2:

J&H Ryan
03-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Very very nice car. Come on people, this is an example of what people say never comes up for sale, (only junk does).

Also my condolences to the loss of your father, I'm sure this is not an easy sale.

2-U-I-M-GR8
03-31-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm new to this site and this is one of my first listings I saw. Like everyone else I wish you and your mother the best, and like someone else said it is so much harder when someone dies so young. I will be buying one of these cars when I save up the money. I have decided that instead of just buying new cars that depreciate and rot away I will start to buy toys that I can love and when I put money into them it increases their value instead of just maintaining a new car that keeps going down in value. I have almost paid off my first toy and I have always wanted one of these since I saw them come out the year after I bought my 1990 Dodge Spirit ES. Was that a kick in the head. I hope you sell your car quickly since it is what will help out your Mom, but for me I hope to find a great car like that when I am looking.
Is your car a lot better then your Dad's car? I was thinking it might be nice for you if you kept your Dad's car and sold yours. Then you would always have a piece of him with you since he obviously put a lot of himself into his cars.

dds78910
04-01-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm new to this site and this is one of my first listings I saw. Like everyone else I wish you and your mother the best, and like someone else said it is so much harder when someone dies so young. I will be buying one of these cars when I save up the money. I have decided that instead of just buying new cars that depreciate and rot away I will start to buy toys that I can love and when I put money into them it increases their value instead of just maintaining a new car that keeps going down in value. I have almost paid off my first toy and I have always wanted one of these since I saw them come out the year after I bought my 1990 Dodge Spirit ES. Was that a kick in the head. I hope you sell your car quickly since it is what will help out your Mom, but for me I hope to find a great car like that when I am looking.
Is your car a lot better then your Dad's car? I was thinking it might be nice for you if you kept your Dad's car and sold yours. Then you would always have a piece of him with you since he obviously put a lot of himself into his cars.

The engine in my dads car is better since it was rebuilt last year, but I have a ton of time in my car last year when I painted it Lexus pearl white. Not including all the other little upgrades I have done to my car.

Since I'm selling the R/T for my mom she gave me one of dads trucks, it's a bright red 1998 Dakota. It's a really clean truck and I have that to remember him by. I also have another 91 R/T he gave me last year before I decided to fix my R/T up.
The R/T dad gave me
And this is the Dakota mom gave me, dad have a newer 2001 Dakota with a V8, my little brother got that since he licked it and I didnt need the V8 truck since I have my Hemi Mega cab.

milesengineer
04-21-2011, 01:29 PM
just got loaded onto the flatbed getting ready to make its way to its new home in Florida. This is prolly one of the nicest ones around, the tow truck driver had no idea what it was but he liked it so much he sent me a pic of it.

Thanks again, it will be my honor to take care of this car.

djd's turbo
04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Congrats!! Where in Fla. are you?

milesengineer
04-21-2011, 09:57 PM
thx, over here in st pete. havent seen any turbo dodges.

dds78910
04-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Cool, I'm glad you were able to get the shipping figured out. Mom told me that the driver told her he thought it was really clean. You seem like you will take good care of it, I'm glad it is going to someone that will appreciate it. Mom didn't think it would be hard to see it go, but when I talked to her today she started to cry. She said dad loved that car and he always took such good care of it and it was like another piece of him leaving.

Dad use to have a 70 plum crazy purple Cuda' with a 440 6-pack and shaker hood with 39,000 original mile, but he told me he like the R/T more than the cuda'. I'll miss the car too. If you ever decide down the road you want to get rid of it, please let me have first dibs at buying it back.

Thanks Dustin S.

milesengineer
04-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Dustin, I dont think the car will leave my possession for a longggggggg time. Both drivers that have moved the car so far called me to tell me how clean this car is. I hope it is in Florida by Sunday afternoon. Already have the spot in the garage cleaned out for it. Next to the grand national, which meant the typhoon gets to sleep outside for now.

Thanks again....

blk86trbo
04-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Congrats Dustin on finding what appears to be a great new home for your Father's pride and joy :thumb:

Also, welcome to the forum Miles...best of luck with the R/T!

dds78910
05-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Did the car get there ok Lee? Are you haveing fun with it? :)

milesengineer
05-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Car arrived two weeks ago monday and I have put over a thousand miles on it already. Puts a huge s@#t eating grin on my face everytime I drive it. Had a problem with it wanting to overheat so I had to replace the thermostat. Other than that it has been dead reliable. Everywhere I go people have no idea what the car is but they all compliment how clean it is. I called a company to get the windows tinted, when I told her it was a 1991 Dodge Spirit she was like, uhhhhhh, you sure you want to spend 130 dollars to tint it, lol. When they got here to do the job she was uber impressed and apologized. With all that said, I have to give a huge kudos to your father on the build and love he put into the car. Now if I can just figure out how to get decent fuel mileage. I thought the higher the boost gauge goes the better it gets... http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x466/milesengineer/kodak061.jpg