PDA

View Full Version : Engine: 2.2 T1 or T2 engine

grsmnky81
02-07-2011, 10:24 PM
i need a 2.2L buildable long (preferablly) or short block for my 88 Shadow ES T1 car. previous owner popped head gasket(big suprise there in vegas heat for dodge) and continued to drive the poor girl till she quit. car only has 60+K miles on it with clean interior. i need something better on fuel than my HEMI RAM!!!!! if you are close enough to vegas i am deffinately willing to come pick it up!!!!

turbovanmanČ
02-08-2011, 03:49 PM
I have an 86 short block, if you can't find anything local.

grsmnky81
02-09-2011, 10:53 PM
where are you located at???? how close to las vegas are you??? i was looking on the dodge garage website and are the heads the same? i can go to the local boneyard and yank a whole one for 250 plus 50 for core. but i have to yank it myself wich is no issue just time consumming.

turbovanmanČ
02-12-2011, 04:55 PM
I am in Canada, shipping is $1.50 a lb, I only want $75 for it.

Heads are the same, yep!

ShadowFromHell
02-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I have a good short block from a 88 shadow ES, but I am about 12 hours away...

grsmnky81
02-15-2011, 09:41 PM
got a pm from a member went sunday to california and picked up a 87 shelby shadow csx. car runs and drove back boosting good and running strong. some front end damage but the bady parts needed came with the car. thanks to all who have responded, i appriciate the offered help :-)

ShadowFromHell
02-16-2011, 01:33 PM
So your going to part out the csx for the motor?

grsmnky81
02-19-2011, 08:21 PM
no, the csx i just picked up will be fixed since its in better shape, the one thats rusted to hell will be parted. the rust bucket isnt mine, and my buddy bought the one we just picked up, the rust bucket is his as well. but he's giving me the engine outta the rusted one since he doesnt need 2 and it runs and boosts good. The turboI one car i have the 88 shadow ES will be the one i build. its got a straight body, and clean interior. itll be my daily driver to and from work. and dusting the occasional handa's behind lol

ShadowFromHell
02-19-2011, 09:27 PM
What color is your 88 ES? Id love to seem some pics. I have a white 2-door sunroof 88 ES I bought as my first TM about 7 years ago. It needs a motor and tranny (just a roller right now) and paint. The interior is beautiful. I plan on putting a mild 89 T2 motor/555 in it, and restoring the rest of the car. The 88 ES cars where a one year car, and I dont think they made alot of them.

grsmnky81
02-20-2011, 01:50 PM
mines white with a sunroof also, tanish light brown interior. i plan to take pics. mine needs paint bad, the typical late 80's early 90's paint job if flaking off like crazy. its an automatic car, wich is no big deal, since thats what i do for chrysler anyway is build their transmissions when they break. no boost loss with an automatic between shifts, and are actually faster in 1/4 miles. i planned on a t2 engine but a free shelby t1 will do for now lol. after the nevada dmv does a vin inspect on it and i get the title changed from california to nevada i have an srt4 neon engine to put in it :-D