PDA

View Full Version : The Shelby Registry is defunct

88CSX-T
02-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I tried contacting Bill (and others) of the Shelby registry a few times from three different websites and there is no response (by email and pm). I've also had emails bounce back because of inoperable email addresses. In addition, The site says that it was last updated on 1/2/2010 (already a year out of date), but there are cars on there that are YEARS out of date. I even offered to take some of the load off of him by volunteering to organize the csx-t section of the registry- but still no response....

I aslo looked on the sticky threads here and you can see that as far back as 2007, people were having problems with out of date info.

Does anyone know how we can get this registry going again? Just in the last two years that I've been into Shelby Dodges, I've seen ALOT (dead and alive) that need to be on the registry. For every Shelby that gets parted out for beer money, these cars are getting more rare by the day... :(

PentastarBooster
02-10-2011, 08:47 PM
As of today, February 10th, it seems to be up and accessible as normal (I assume you mean the shelbyregistry.com site). I'm not sure about the updates, but I think there have been some done within the past year, despite what the "Modified" date shows. I think that Bill depends on the owners informing him of changes in the status and ownership of the vehicles, in order for updates to be made. If they don't report the changes, such as sales, purchases, wrecks, parted-out vehicles, etc., I assume there are no changes made.

Vigo
02-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Props for being pro-active, 88csx-t. Even if the site IS up, there are probably plenty of ways people can volunteer info or effort to make it better. Just gotta get people to email you back...

88CSX-T
02-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Vigo- Thanks for the compliment, but when I get into a particular car, I go all out :nod: and do research 24/7 to find out as much about them as possible. I don't know if it's good or a sickness :yuck:, but now that I'm a new csx-t owner, I can tell you more than most people about them (production/stats/specs/etc.- not all from the internet). I also know where every one on the internet is, and also where they're for sale and how much. That's why I'd like to contribute if possible to the registry and get it updated asap. In my estimate of accounting of all the CSX-T's that are junked/parted out, in addition to the ones that are in peoples possession (on or off the internet), I'd say that there are less than 450 left. They all need to be documented, and I'd love to do it. :nod:

Pentastarbooster- I did contact someone affiliated with the site and he said that the guy running the site was overwhelmed with piles of emails from people wanting to revise or add cars to the registry, but then he didn't get to it. :(

The site needs to be revamped anyway, it would be awesome if you could post a small picture of your car alongside your name/number.... :clap:

Spycker
02-11-2011, 02:31 AM
Im good with websites, I should bust out a Shelby Registry Rival

88CSX-T
02-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Well the Shelby registry is an AWESOME start, it doesn't need much, just some regularly performed updating.. Maybe you can see if you can contact someone to take it over, I'll do the CSX-T section :drum:

Spycker
02-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Already tried. Nothing.

Cinder_gal
02-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Hi guys. Be sure you have a pictures of your cars on the shelby-dodge.com site. I've been updating that as I get new info. It's extremely time consuming for me to try and hunt for pictures (which I continue to do) and really appreciate it when people send me something. The email address is listed on the site Contact page.

As for the Shelby Registry, I've tried twice some time back to provide my truck's info, never got a response from Bill and it was never updated. I've heard from numerous people that they also tried but never got their info updated and were never responded to. There's a lot of frustrated people out there that have given up even trying to register their vehicles. I think Bill's lost a lot of support from the community. Which is really too bad.

86seeS
02-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Shelby-dodge.com is a better registry pics of each numbered car

Cinder_gal
02-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks

sy2206
02-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Interesting site, I've never seen that one before. I have some picts of some other 86 S cars that are not listed. Also, it lists #170 as RIP, but the car is currently owned by a forum member who is planning on restoring it...

Mark

Cinder_gal
02-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks Mark. I've made the correction to the website. Great news about the car. I'm glad someone was able to pick it up from the guy. I'd heard he was not very willing to sell awhile back. Any pictures of cars you'd like to share are very much appreciated. Just email them to me and I'll get them posted.

ShelbyRegistry
04-23-2011, 11:22 AM
First, sorry for not being aware of any email problems. JT contacted me today and sent me this thread. The Shelby Registry hasn't been updated in a while due to a few things. I retired from the Air Force last year and between hunting for a job and needing to get trained in my new job, I haven't had the time to update. It just so happens I had already scheduled next week to be a catch up weekend. So, expect to see some updates next Sunday. I'll also check my configuration and find out why I didn't receive anyone's email. Cheers.

zin
04-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Good to hear the info will be updated and is still a viable resource!

Mike

ShelbyRegistry
05-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've updated the Registry with the most up-to-date entries possible. I'm still waiting for a number of folks to return emails but we're currently up to 1652 entries (2 shy of 27% registered). Cheers.

Force Fed Mopar
05-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Cool, I'll have to check it and see if mine is on there :)

DC Turismo
05-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks so much Bill! As a member of this community I will tell you that I truly appreciate the record keeping and general upkeep you do to keep the site going. I find myself sitting here for hours viewing through all the entries. Again, awesome work :) I'll be sending over some updates/new additions this evening for you.

BadAssPerformance
05-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks so much Bill! As a member of this community I will tell you that I truly appreciate the record keeping and general upkeep you do to keep the site going. I find myself sitting here for hours viewing through all the entries. Again, awesome work :) I'll be sending over some updates/new additions this evening for you.

X2, thanks Bill!

PentastarBooster
10-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Great news about shelbyregistry.com ...

Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:28:21 -0500
Subject: SD> Exciting Shelby Registry News
To: shelbydodge@imagilist.com
Message-ID: <507E25D5.7010400@airmail.net>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

Folks,

Because of a recent promotion and many long months of training and
testing, I'm finally able to start catching up on the queue of
Registrations. Since I recently moved away from Windows completely, I'm
in the process of creating a program to automate adding users to the
Registry.

So far I have created a program that checks the validity of values
entered in the registration form. Now that portion is complete, I will
be doing some test runs on the registrations I currently have. You may
be seeing a message about the following:

Missing VIN
Missing VIN and vehicle number
Incorrect VIN

I'm now able to correctly validate each VIN as a user sends their
registration.

As time goes by, I'll be adding more error checking so you may see other
messages in the coming months.

In addition, I'm moving away from my existing database to something that
will provide the best methods for adding users with minimum interaction
from me. Because of this, I will be redesigning the backend of the
Shelby Registry website. I hope to make these changes as transparent as
possible but I appreciate your patience as I work on this major overhaul.

Cheers.

PentastarBooster
10-27-2012, 12:57 PM
I happened to check today, and Bill has updated the Shelby Registry.

DC Turismo
10-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Sweet! Good to hear!