PDA

View Full Version : Where does this wire go on the AC Blower Box?

Steve in VA
02-04-2011, 06:13 PM
I pulled the dash from the parts 89 Horizon to use its AC blower box in my Ramapge. Attached to the resister was the green wire on the right, what was not attached was the green wire to the left. I thought I could tell which one it was attached to by looking for wear marks on the prong, but I cant. The 89 FSM is unclear to me. Anyone have a picture of this area with the two wires attached?

I'm almost positive it goes to the left most prong due to the angle of the connecter, but wanted second opinions.

raccoon
02-04-2011, 07:00 PM
a large single plug goes to that, its the blower speed resistor.

sorry I went and read what you typed. dont know. but im on it,.

edit # 3! question; dont omni's have more then one blower speed setting? if yes, i believe you'll be needing to use most of those pins. not just two.

Steve in VA
02-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Wait a minute, your exactly right. The black plug in the above picture I thought went to the black plug dangling from the dash. It dont.
Since the dash is out I went and looked. There is a larger black plug dangling from the dash that can only plug into those prongs one way.
It goes to the left of the one wire thats hooked up and takes up 4 of those prongs. That now means the one loose green wire goes directly
below the other wire in the picture. You just cant see the remaining prong from the angle I took from the picture.

Problem solved, thank you!!!!