PDA

View Full Version : I finally got my CSX-T!! The one with the sunroof!!!

88CSX-T
01-30-2011, 11:50 PM
I bought this car ten months ago in Missouri and after getting jerked around by shippers for all that timehttp://www.turbododge.com/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif, got it dropped in my driveway in Colorado today http://www.turbododge.com/forums/images/smilies/extras/woot%20woot.gif
I'll post pictures when i get a good camera. My plan for this car is to put it to bone stock and just indoor store it and drive it on weekends/sunny days http://www.turbododge.com/forums/images/smilies/extras/TD2.gif The exterior was repainted, so looks pretty good, the interior is all there but needs minor work, the steering column needs to be replaced, and the engine is seized so needs a rebuild. http://www.turbododge.com/forums/images/smilies/redface.gif I also have the correct Lemans wheels that i bought a while ago to go on the car. If anyone's interested, I'll keep everyone posted on the progress and pictures...

Btw, there's no # plate.

Force Fed Mopar
01-31-2011, 12:21 AM
10 months!? What was the hold up?

88CSX-T
01-31-2011, 12:38 AM
Well I hired a company who said that it would be shipped in 1-10 days, and after 30 days passed and listening to their excuses, I fired them and hired someone else. This company did the same, stringing me along month after month, saying they're working on it. After getting the same runaround by two more shipping companies, I had no choice but to get biligerant with the last company. They finally got it done in 23 days after I hired them, even though they said they would the car shipped in 1-10 days....

Force Fed Mopar
01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
That's pretty sad. How much did they charge you and where was it coming from?

BadAssPerformance
01-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Congrats! Pics?

cordes
01-31-2011, 02:56 PM
+1 for pics.

ScottD
01-31-2011, 03:23 PM
+ 2 for pics and identify the shipping companies so others can stay away from them.

Shadowjake
01-31-2011, 06:13 PM
You are a sick individual teasing us with this post and then not including any pics. You probably drown puppies in your spare time too. ;-)

88CSX-T
01-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Well I tried posting pictures earlier, but since I'm a newbie, it won't let me....:faint:

4 l-bodies
01-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Congrats on your purchase. Kudos for the seller working with you on this for that long. Not sure I would have been so patient.
Let me guess, you went with the lowest or almost lowest bid you could find originally? A reputable company will not demand anything up front before they pick up the car, and will guaranty pickup within X amount of days (not weeks). Sure you probably would have paid more but you would have had the car ten months ago! It's worth it to spend some time checking out these brokers and reading unbiased transport reviews. Many brokers are worse than the proverbial used car salesman!
This happens all the time. Broker(s) get their piece of the pie first. They bid ultra low to get the job then can't find any truckers foolish enough to take the job for the money that is left. No interest because it's not worth the effort for the pittance they are gonna make.
Anyway glad it's home safe and sound now. If you have the VIN # someone on this board can tell you what # car it is. I don't have the 88 CSXT list.
Todd

Fox
01-31-2011, 08:18 PM
woa thats a long time waiting, i used national transport when i had my csx shipped from California they had it picked up within a week

88CSX-T
01-31-2011, 10:33 PM
Well I'd had cars shipped in the past with no problems whatsoever. This particular one was a nightmare. I got all the excuses possible: i'm not paying enough, I'm paying too much, the weather is bad, the weather is good so truckers don't want to spend their time driving on nice days when they could be with their families instead, it's a weekend, it's near a holiday, noone goes past that pickup location, it's not a popular geographic location, etc. etc. etc..... I've heard it all...

And the guy at the pickup point (they guy i bought the car from) started charging me storage, there was nothing I could do but pay him...

CoolV300C
01-31-2011, 11:26 PM
24 hours since original post, and still no pics? Seems the shipper isn't the only one with insufferable delays.

post 'em!! :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

88CSX-T
01-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Well it still won't let me post pictures because I'm a newby...:(

cordes
02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Well it still won't let me post pictures because I'm a newby...:(

You should be able to link to pics from photobucket etc. I think that's what you must do when not a paying member.

j4278h
02-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Are we talking about the one modified for Thrifty to have the sunroof or another one that has had an aftermarket sunroof installed during its lifetime?

88CSX-T
02-03-2011, 03:24 PM
No, this is the one with the factory installed sunroof. I'm going to take pictures of it when I can get my paws on a decent camera....

BadAssPerformance
02-03-2011, 09:44 PM
I did not realize there was one with a factory sunroof... Which car number?

cordes
02-03-2011, 09:50 PM
I did not realize there was one with a factory sunroof... Which car number?

From Dempsey's page:

Only 1000 were produced. To my knowledge they were all identical except for two: one was intercooled and then given to the president of Thrifty; another (which was not intercooled) was built on a car with a factory sunroof and then given to the president's daughter. I do not know which numbers were on the dash plaques of these two cars.

BadAssPerformance
02-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Hmmm... I thought the daughters car was aftermarket sunroof? But its on the internet so its gotta be right? ;)

cordes
02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Hmmm... I thought the daughters car was aftermarket sunroof? But its on the internet so its gotta be right? ;)

Internet>Written in stone

88CSX-T
02-04-2011, 12:06 AM
I agree :nod:, the internet has to be taken with a grain of salt. It's not an aftermarket sunroof, it's an actual ASC factory sunroof... I'll get some pictures of it this weekend and see if i can put them up here... :confused2:

I don't have the plaque #; the previous owner elected to remove some interior panels and spray piant them blue, and the panel with the now removed dash plaque was one of them... :(

glhs571
02-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Pics please!! Oh and I made a trip to visit my family in slc and one of the locals had a csx-t that I took pictures of. When I looked at the pic later I noticed it had a sunroof. I'll post the pic now.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/matt1104/photo-3.jpg

What do you guys think? I've been meaning to upload this pic but never got around to it.

BadAssPerformance
02-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Cool, which number is that one? And are they a member here?

88CSX-T
02-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Nice car! :thumb:

Good question: do you know what # it is? :confused2:

I can't see the sunroof too good in that picture but it looks like it's on backwards :lol:.
Mine looks similar but the 3 mounts that go through the glass are reversed from that one...

Can you get a better picture of it? Is it an ASC sunroof? If it is, it would say it on the inside on the handle assembly... :confused2:

glhs571
02-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Not sure what # it is or if they have a username, I just know they own a junkyard in salt lake. And I can't take a better pic because I don't live there. Pic was taken March of last year.

88CSX-T
02-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Well I blew up the picture w/photoshop, it didn't help much, but at least it can be seen a little better. The pictures are on my garage...

Cinder_gal
02-15-2011, 08:09 PM
If you guys post the VIN numbers, someone who has a list can look it up and give you the plaque number. Also, check out shelby-dodge.com that has a gallery of many of the numbered cars. I'd really like to include yours if they aren't already there. Contact me at shelby-dodge@comcast.net and I'll get yours posted.