PDA

View Full Version : Injector issue

clocktowersniper
01-29-2011, 11:37 AM
I am having a problem with the Lebaron. I had noticed a misfire on accel and at idle. Upon investigation I found that the harness/injectors are the issue. It seems that if I mess with the injectors it makes the stumble worse. Heck if I pull the connector off the #1 injector it doesnt even make a difference. Messing with the #3 injector harness area will actually make it stall out. What should I be looking for on this? The car otherwise runs/shifts great and has LOTS of boost. I know its not modded but the freaking boost will climb right to overboost.

5sp. mini
01-29-2011, 01:01 PM
if it,s a t1 i have 2 extra harrnesses i could send you 1 if needed and injectors lmk

CNH320
01-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah swap the injector harness, there are solder joints in there and those wires also tend to get pretty crispy. I had a similar problem on an 87 CSX i picked up from a guy in SC a few years back... :thumb:

clocktowersniper
01-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Actually you picked it up from a guy in NC and I know him quite well, hehe. I still regret selling my car trailer! I was living in NC back then. I am 4 hours from there now.

clocktowersniper
02-02-2011, 07:12 PM
I picked up a harness at JY the other day, cleaned it up and checked it for continuity. Everything checked out ok so I installed it. It still has the same misfire issue. I guess its possible its an issue with the injector itself. I did notice its running a little lean too. My thing is if I am going to replace the injectors do I swap a T2 set up in or just stay T1? How fast can you make a T1 set up? Can those be intercooled?

turbovanmanČ
02-03-2011, 04:09 AM
I picked up a harness at JY the other day, cleaned it up and checked it for continuity. Everything checked out ok so I installed it. It still has the same misfire issue. I guess its possible its an issue with the injector itself. I did notice its running a little lean too. My thing is if I am going to replace the injectors do I swap a T2 set up in or just stay T1? How fast can you make a T1 set up? Can those be intercooled?

Use a noid light to verify the harness is ok.

How much work do you want to do? How much power do you want? You can IC log setups but again, your dealing with the crappy log setup. If you plan on keeping it and making some power, just T2 it.

Murphy
02-03-2011, 10:00 AM
what year is it? Blow through T1's (88+) intercool easily.

Swapping the injectors are easy. Just replace them and get it running right, then worry about making it fast.

clocktowersniper
02-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Its an 87. I just dont want to buy injectors twice. I dont need to go the whole 9 yards on mods if I may end up selling it. As long as I can make a peppy log turbo it will work for me.