PDA

View Full Version : Ran HHP Honda Hatch

show-off
07-01-2006, 11:49 AM
I was supposed to run 2 brother (brotha's) that have a turboed civic and integra. They both backed out (made excuses), but the big dog they run with (turbo hatch built w/ SC61 turbo) wanted some, so I ran him.

That hatch freakin moves out. His car wasn't faster than mine...he was just a better more experienced driver. He beat me with my 75 shot of gas too.:(

Man that thing was quick. I blew an IC pipe on both runs. The first run he got the jump, but I pulled him in 2nd & 3rd before we ran up on the scout car and had to get out. I was winning, but the IC pipe blew off too. So we get to the gas station and fix that issue. Kind of sucks he got a preview before we finished the race. He ended booting his passenger for the last run. He says he didn't change the boost or spray, but that is just his word.:confused:

Last run he brake boosts the car while honking and gets the jump. He had me 3 cars on me before I floored it and 2 more by the time I hit the gas. (1st time shooting the car!:D ) I made up ground in 3rd & 4th, but quite gaining in 4th when it blew off the IC hose the last time.

My car pulls like a freakin beast shooting that thing. Low 11's on gas easy.:thumb:

Austrian Dodge
07-01-2006, 06:27 PM
sounds great!!

how does your gt30r spool??

show-off
07-01-2006, 09:37 PM
IT is alright on the street w/out gas, but it is a monster when you spray it.

It spiked to 30psi at times!

Frank
07-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Brake boosting is a good idea. :) doing that to maintain your speed before the honking launch is pretty talented move!

tryingbe
07-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Time to buy t-clamps.

5sp. mini
07-02-2006, 10:06 AM
we have a honda shop a mile or so before i get to work it,s at a stop light so i get to shift right in front of the place. there a lot of intercooled car coming form there so i know he know the VAN is out there. we also have a old guy 60 maybe that drives a mercer. he is hard to catch. he will be 1 or 2 cars ahead of me when we get on the x way and he,s gone. most of the kids think it,s cool when i get them off the line . then they say IS THAN TURBO? ALS

show-off
07-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Time to buy t-clamps.
You honestly think I don't have T-bolt clamps w/ as much power I am putting down? There is even a bead on the end of the pipe and it is still blowing off under spray:eyebrows:

3Bar_Mopar
07-02-2006, 06:05 PM
You honestly think I don't have T-bolt clamps w/ as much power I am putting down? There is even a bead on the end of the pipe and it is still blowing off under spray:eyebrows:

What, are you running 150 pounds of boost?? :p

show-off
07-02-2006, 10:01 PM
What, are you running 150 pounds of boost?? :p
Nope sequential turbos at 300psi of boost:eyebrows:

8valves
07-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Sounds like it's running fairly well. For a reference a buddies CX hatch (the lightest of hatches) on a well done 2.0 GSR w/ an SC61 goes 127 mph on pump gas and 15 psi!!

On a side note: my car is running again. Can you say potential? The car has such better VE now that part throttle w/ no boost the car leans out at anything above 4000 rpms, and if you try to nail it by 3-4 psi you're at 14/15:1 AFR's. This thing is going to be sick! It's time for you to get some intake mods!

AM

show-off
07-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Sounds like it's running fairly well. For a reference a buddies CX hatch (the lightest of hatches) on a well done 2.0 GSR w/ an SC61 goes 127 mph on pump gas and 15 psi!!

On a side note: my car is running again. Can you say potential? The car has such better VE now that part throttle w/ no boost the car leans out at anything above 4000 rpms, and if you try to nail it by 3-4 psi you're at 14/15:1 AFR's. This thing is going to be sick! It's time for you to get some intake mods!

AM
When you go 16v...I want your intake set-up (I'm serious):thumb:

8valves
07-03-2006, 09:14 AM
When you go 16v...I want your intake set-up (I'm serious):thumb:

Haha, who said anything about 16V!? The car will be way faster than 99% of street cars out there now, so I don't really have a need for it to be faster, yet. Plus, some new rods and the giggle juice would fix that real quick. :thumb:

So how does your setup spool? I was at 4K, maybe 4100 with the S2 or S3 cam in place- are you on a stocker? I'm curious to see the difference with a stock cam, I would expect it to be dramatic.

AM

show-off
07-03-2006, 09:34 AM
It hits full boost 3600 range....a lot faster on boost!

A little more laggy than I anticipated, but spray takes care of that:nod: