PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 87 csx #547

jckrieger
01-24-2011, 10:19 PM
All,

The time has come to part with my long time favorite car. Up for sale is 87 CSX #547.

Pictures of the car are in my Photobucket album at the following link:

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa44/jckrieger/87%20CSX%202010/

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa44/jckrieger/87%20CSX/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

The picture of where the roof meets the windshield shows where the rust bubbles are. There's another picture of where the parking brake cable goes through the floor to show the floor is solid.

At some point in the car's history the hood was replaced, and I replaced the driver's side fender. I never got around to re-painting the silver on the fender, so I didn't re-glue the ground effects piece in that location. I also have the rear trunk medallion and the Shelby valve cover. The car also has a fairly low mileage interior from an 88 Shadow ES.

The basic list of mods is as follows:

3" mandrel exhaust with SS Magnaflow muffler and no CAT
A555 gears with a 3.5FD ratio from an a520 with an OBX LSD. 89 style syncros
2.5L bottom end with forged Wiseco pistons, std bore
Ported head swirl head, by me.
TU 6 puck ceramic clutch with "purple" pressure plate
Rear Konis, good stock Formula GP's up front
Socketed LM with a cal for whatever the engine needs to do. Car runs well with 52lb injectors on 93octane
52lb or 96lb injectors
Billet fuel rail
Billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Walbro fuel pump
Treadstone front mount intercooler
TO4E S50 trim Turbonetics turbocharger with Stage 3, .63A/R turbine housing and updated "F" turbine wheel
88 Shadow ES interior, with an extra set of seats (for no reason)
89 Minivan front calipers and brake pads. This helped even out the brake bias.
A/C Delete, but probably have the parts to put it back together. You'd need to move the condenser over or get a minivan unit.

That's about all I can think of that's on the car off the top of my head. The car has been my daily driver and is a blast to drive. The car really could use some 8" wide wheels and some super sticky tires.

As-is, I'd like $2500 for the car OBO.

I will also sell the car as a rolling chasis for $700 if somebody needs a solid CSX to put their parts on.

If anyone is interested, I have some in-car auto-x video of the CSX in action. I think the car was at 5500rpm the whole time spinning the race tires. It does give you a good idea about what kind of turbo lag to expect though.

Car is located in Hanna City, IL

-Clark

jckrieger
02-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Bump - Are people interested in parts from this car?

DodgeZ
02-10-2011, 01:53 PM
how much for the 96lbs injectors?

ATaylorRacing
02-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Too many cars, too much ice,.....and....NO $$$$$

jckrieger
02-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Additional pictures of the potential rust areas are on the second link in the first post. The car is really solid and really just needs a windshield and a *little* paint work to be really nice. The tires are even ~70%.

jckrieger
02-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Bump. Car is still for sale, but it's becoming less for sale since I just sold the Rampage. Balanced once again my car chi is.

Somebody please offer to buy the rolling chasis so I can put the trans and clutch in my GLHS and put the Konis on my R/T.

jckrieger
03-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Car is sold and will be missed. I am now stuck daily driving an unreliable 224hp Spirit!