PDA

View Full Version : New Product ~ OMNI-Potent’s Blak Trax Limited Slip Differential Kit

OMNI-Potent
06-30-2006, 07:47 PM
In addition to our Chrome-Moly tranny plates and GLHS Hood block off plates; we are pleased to introduce our third product. The OMNI-Potent Blak Trax LSD kit.

This kit is especially designed for Turbo Dodge’s and has been tested for durability and ease of installation.

The Blak Trax LSD is available for $235. This unit is much less expensive than comparable LSD units on the market. Plus, you know this has been tested and designed to fit your Turbo Dodge application. The Blak Trax unit uses the red springs which are good for 680-730 lbs of force.

We are also offering a kit with this unit. The cost for this kit is $30. During our testing we determined that the lip on the spider gear was preventing the LSD unit from making full contact. We lathed the spider gear to a flat surface and noticed that there is now full contact being applied by the LSD unit to the spider gears. This is crucial as the “swept area” on the spider gears with an edge is a fraction of what the smooth lathe gears are. There is a $56 core charge on the spider gears; however this full amount will be refunded to your method of payment as soon as we receive your exchanged spider gears. If you want your original spider gears lathed, we will provide this service, but there will be some waiting period as we will run these gears in batches as we have them.

Remember FREE SHIPPING!!! What you see is what you pay!

Check out our posting for a new line, the OMNI-Potent Garage Solutions.

We have a few exciting months in front of us, as we will be launching 2 more products within the month. Stay Tuned!

Thanks for looking!!!

Turbodave
07-07-2006, 09:36 AM
:thumb: Looks good, might go with one of these on my Omni eventually.

Clay
07-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Looks good!

can you install one of these with the trans in the car?

thanks!

8valves
07-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Looks good!

thanks!

Ding ding! There's the magic question!

AM

OMNI-Potent
07-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Looks good!

thanks!

Yes, you can install one of these with the trans in the car. Since you will have to take out the differential (and obviously the axels), I believe that you will need to drop the K frame. I'm not sure how easy or difficult it would be to do this with the trans in the car. When we tested this unit, we removed the tranny to put this unit in and a chrome moly plate for testing. So we do not have first hand knowledge of how difficult it may be.

Just for some clarification, these units will not fit in a 525.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks for looking!

turbovanman²
07-07-2006, 10:07 PM
How heavy of a vehicle have you tested these with? what about side gear wear into the case?

butchsuppe
07-08-2006, 12:57 AM
Will they work in a 555 and is it simular to the Phomtom grip design ?

86Shelby
07-08-2006, 05:55 AM
What is the break-away torque when it's new? How about after 8-10k miles? That's the determining factor for me, I'm tired of LSDs wearing out before the 3rd oil change on new drivetrains and transaxles.

GLHS592
07-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Will they work in a 555 and is it simular to the Phomtom grip design ?

It looks like it is more similar to the Alabama Man design. I think the AM limited slip insert used the same springs. I have the AM limited slip insert and it works like a charm. The Phantom Grip is junk.

butchsuppe
07-09-2006, 01:50 AM
It looks like it is more similar to the Alabama Man design. I think the AM limited slip insert used the same springs. I have the AM limited slip insert and it works like a charm. The Phantom Grip is junk.
If you,re right I,m game.:nod:

OMNI-Potent
07-09-2006, 10:27 AM
OK everyone, sorry for the delay in getting back to you...

First off, this was tested in an Omni with a 568 that has about 275+ hp. There was a huge difference in traction with the unit in compared to not having one. There was about 1K miles that were put on this car with the unit. After the unit was driven for that period, we drained the fluid to see if there were any shavings at all. We found none. Alot of the other testing was done outside of the tranny. We have not yet taken the tranny out of the car, so I cannot comment on any side gear wear into the case. This is something we can take a look at. This unit should be as safe as any other "block" type LSD unit.

These units will work in a 555.

The breakaway pressure is about 18-20 psi.

For this unit, we tailored this to our cars. So there may be some similarities between the AM and Phantom Grip units.

Thanks for looking, please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks!

3Bar_Mopar
07-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Will these work in a A413?

OMNI-Potent
07-11-2006, 08:36 PM
In answer to the question related to case wear -

There should be no case wear with this unit. The only place there would be wear is between the block (the unit itself) and the spider gears. This unit is contained in the differential housing.

These units should fit 520, 555, 523, 568 and we know the 604. We did not look into the 413, however, we will look tomorrow and give you an answer.

Thanks again for the questions!

OMNI-Potent
07-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Will these work in a A413?

We confirmed it, these will fit an A413.

Thanks!

Dave
11-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Can you PM me your address? Interested in the posi, it would be easier to just pick it up.

-Bryan

BIG PSI
03-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Hay Omni-Potent,

Any new news as to how the LSD is working ??? It has been a few months since I have seen anything posted in here, so I thought I would ask.

Have you done any hard launches with your LSD on Drag Radials or Slicks ?

Thanks
Chuck

87csx2.4
03-04-2007, 06:09 PM
How heavy of a vehicle have you tested these with? what about side gear wear into the case?That is the million dollar question simon.

OMNI-Potent
03-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Check out this picture of a unit installed in the differential. We left 2 spider gears out to take this picture so you can have a better view of it.

Thanks!

devlish
03-05-2007, 01:48 AM
looks nice. might need one for the Omni GLH soon. fit's the A525??

OMNI-Potent
03-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Unfortunately, these will not fit in a 525 application.

Thanks for the interest!

devlish
03-05-2007, 12:58 PM
yeah. i tried. owell.

cleverklutz
03-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know what tranny is in an auto 2001 PT Cruiser? I think I remember seeing that it's the 41TE which is an evolved a604. I am quite interested in the blak trax for my car but need to know ahead of time if it will fit. The car is useless in the winter, and I want to remedy that for next year. If anyone knows for sure what tranny my car has and if it will work that would be great. Thanks.

WickedShelby88
03-29-2007, 03:32 PM
What kind of steel or what materials are you using for the blocks themselve? I have no intentions to make one myself, but I'm just curious as I am interested in purchasing one of these kits for my minivan trans rebuild. Also, do you think stress proof steel would be a viable option? I work in a machine shop and manufacture a lot of agricultural parts for agco and caterpiller tractors and we use this steel a lot as well as 4140 etc.

Thanks, Joseph

OMNI-Potent
03-31-2007, 03:43 PM
What kind of steel or what materials are you using for the blocks themselve? I have no intentions to make one myself, but I'm just curious as I am interested in purchasing one of these kits for my minivan trans rebuild. Also, do you think stress proof steel would be a viable option? I work in a machine shop and manufacture a lot of agricultural parts for agco and caterpiller tractors and we use this steel a lot as well as 4140 etc.

Thanks, Joseph

The block units are made out of 4130.

cleverklutz:

I know these units will fit an 413. As for the fit in a PT Cruiser, you could contact me and we could discuss.

Thanks!