PDA

View Full Version : WTF now....... i think its a bad exhaust donut

turbocoupe
06-29-2006, 08:19 PM
OK today i was on the highway going to my girls house and my car started to sound like a WRX when it has no cats. But im not sure if its from a bad exhaust donut or a bad turbo but the weird thing is theirs know exhaust leak of any sort And the wrx sound is coming from the muffler and only when you stand next to the turbo area you hear it just a little bit cause i think the turbo is mufflering it to the back. and im also driving and it feels like the car has no power and i have to down shift to get back up to speed

WTF please help me

cordes
06-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Have you pulled the codes?

Has there been any change in the boost level?

turbocoupe
06-30-2006, 01:48 AM
No codes and boost is fine but know power thats the weird thing and you know what now that you mentioned it, boost is their BuT is thanks a while before hitting 11pounds

BadAssPerformance
06-30-2006, 01:55 AM
Could be back pressure from a plugged cat or crushed internals in the muffler causing it to blow out at the donut.

turbocoupe
06-30-2006, 12:26 PM
but the cat is still fairly new ....know what a minute its bout 2 years ohhhh man does that mean i have to replace my cat WTF

dwh4784
06-30-2006, 01:00 PM
prolly.....unhook it and see how it runs. It'll be rediculously loud but you should know if that was your problem.

turbocoupe
06-30-2006, 02:26 PM
well it comes to find out that piston number one has no fuel going to the piston and its not a bad injector. so then what is it

turbovanmanČ
06-30-2006, 03:48 PM
well it comes to find out that piston number one has no fuel going to the piston and its not a bad injector. so then what is it

How do you know its not getting fuel? how did you rule out the injector? if your 1000% sure the injector is fine, then its the wiring harness.

turbocoupe
06-30-2006, 07:33 PM
ok i work at a garage and me and my boss look it over the reason how i know its a good injector is because i switch'd them and piston number 1 was still dead so that ruled the injector out. so i jump to spark and they are fine and last but not least i did a compression test and it is good so it leaves me to harness or computer i have extra computer in my truck so i'll put it on for haha's and if its the same then its the harness

inmyshadow
06-30-2006, 09:16 PM
usually when an injector/harness won't fire, it will throw a code.

I just had this happened a month ago. I was taking a friend to the store, of which he owns a 06WRX. The 4th injector stopped working.

Pulled over, jiggled the wire and you could hear the difference.

I found, when a computer goes bad it won't throw codes.

CSX321
06-30-2006, 09:29 PM
I found, when a computer goes bad it won't throw codes.
It must be a Grebulon computer. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, nevermind.)

Since the injectors are batch-fired (Maybe; I don't know what kind of car you have), I wonder if the computer can sense when just one injector (or harness connection) has a problem?

turbocoupe
07-01-2006, 02:20 AM
if you mean by a grebulon computer acting funny like meaning cutting off piston number 1 injector then i know what you mean its the crazest thing ever i was messing around in my car and i unplugged the computer and plugged it back in and it was running fine then i was drivin it and it started up again num-1 injector turning on and off ...crazy

CSX321
07-01-2006, 02:27 AM
In the book Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams, the Grebulon's computer had a malfunction in its circuit that was supposed to detect malfunctions.

Is this a LM, SMEC, or SBEC? I had a problem with AIS control that turned out to be a wire that was nearly disconnected from the pin at the LM.

turbovanmanČ
07-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Check your injector harness, the injectors are batch fired, meaning 2 at once, so it won't be the computer UNLESS 2 injectors that are fired together aren't working. I had a car come in the other day, the terminals were rotted on one injector connector.

turbocoupe
07-01-2006, 11:59 AM
injector harness is fine practicly brand new cause i keep the car in tip top shape and i check and rechecked every thing from the wire harness i'll check again to be triple sure