PDA

View Full Version : Southeast Chapter?

Aerosmith145
01-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Hey guys,

Some of you know me; some of you don't. But I am entirely addicted to Turbo Mopars and have been for a long time. Is there ANY chapter in the southest? I feel a little left-out down here in Georgia!

karlak
01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
I feel your pain. You would think Atlanta would have more members.

sdac guy
01-04-2011, 04:35 PM
A few years ago we had a Carolina's chapter, but it sort of died from lack of interest. And there was a Mid-South chapter for a while also, with a contact in Alabama, IIRC. But again, that chapter has pretty much faded into the history books also.

The Florida chapter is closest to you now, but that really isn't very close at all.

Barry

RattFink
01-04-2011, 04:41 PM
I would def. be interested in a southern chapter!

sdac guy
01-04-2011, 05:15 PM
As an understanding on this, SDAC chapters are formed to encourage folks in an area to meet up and do things together. Do very many of you already meet or go to shows or other events together? That is the first step, to get folks meeting up ....

Just saying there is interest in a chapter is not enough. If people aren't going to participate in chapter meets, there is no point in forming one.

Barry

RattFink
01-04-2011, 06:10 PM
As an understanding on this, SDAC chapters are formed to encourage folks in an area to meet up and do things together. Do very many of you already meet or go to shows or other events together? That is the first step, to get folks meeting up ....

Just saying there is interest in a chapter is not enough. If people aren't going to participate in chapter meets, there is no point in forming one.

Barry

+1 some of us should try to hang out and go from there. What all is involved in forming a chapter and what is to be gained from it?

sdac guy
01-04-2011, 10:27 PM
+1 some of us should try to hang out and go from there. What all is involved in forming a chapter and what is to be gained from it?
What's to be gained???

Notoriety!!

Just kidding. :eyebrows:

Seriously, some folks would like their informal meetings to be under the "umbrella" of a national club name. They just like the association with a national club. The actual advantages are few though. But if as a group you want to hold an event, a car show, or a drag race day, having the name of a national club may make your group seem more organized, may get a little more respect than just telling someone "a bunch of us would like to rent your park."

The national club leaves the operation of the chapter up to the leaders of the chapter. There is a contract that would need to be signed by the leader. That contract grants the use of the club name and use of the Shelby name and marks to the chapter (within reasonable limits). It doesn't cost anything, and the national club expects nothing in return except for folks to be enthused about the cars and the club. The leader(s) of the chapter are expected to join the SDAC national club and from time to time to encourage others to do the same.

But the first step is to start meeting and raise the question among yourselves, "Do you guys want to be a chapter?"

Barry

daytonaracer90x
05-23-2012, 08:12 AM
wow i dont suppose anything has changed has it? I'm in the USAF and just moved to Charleston SC. and type of turbo mopar guys in this area?

BadAssPerformance
05-23-2012, 08:41 AM
We do have several folsk in that area an dwould love to get a chapter togetehr. really would take a group to get together, meet consistantly, etc. to make it happen. If anyone has questions on this, please feel free to contact me directly

shelbyman52
05-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Im in Sumter, SC. Im stationed at Shaw AFB. Nice to see anther Air Force brother on the forums(I know there are more). I know there's a member in the Greenville/Spartanburg area and I think columbia and mrytle beach also but not sure about those two.