PDA

View Full Version : DIY header kit. This is what we need.

GLHNSLHT2
01-02-2011, 01:32 PM
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=1983&cat_key=603&prodname=D.I.Y.+Turbo+Manifold+kit+4G63+

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/~treadstone/prod_imgs/img-1983-0-large.jpg
Wish the vendors could make something like that for our cars.

shadow88
01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Nothing personal meant here, but those who want to make thier own headers weren't waiting for a kit to come out. Why not get this kit and the head flange that's already available if that's what you want?

Aries_Turbo
01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
just buy that, buy the appropriate flange and sell the 4g63 one on ebay for 50$

Brian

ShadowFromHell
01-03-2011, 05:40 PM
That is a nice kit. The flange looks like it is cast, and designed not to warp. I also really like that collector. But for the price? I dunno. Seems high for something a guys gonna have a ton more time into. Its also meant to become a "ramhorn" and thats something we have no room for. Probably end up with a lot of extra weld el's. The only usable piece I see there you couldn't buy somewhere else is that really nice merge collector, but I dont see it for sale separately.

Keito
01-03-2011, 08:20 PM
The 4g63 flange is $74.99.
Call them and see if they'll knock off $75 bucks from the price and buy the right flange.

GLHNSLHT2
01-03-2011, 08:45 PM
That is a nice kit. The flange looks like it is cast, and designed not to warp. I also really like that collector. But for the price? I dunno. Seems high for something a guys gonna have a ton more time into. Its also meant to become a "ramhorn" and thats something we have no room for. Probably end up with a lot of extra weld el's. The only usable piece I see there you couldn't buy somewhere else is that really nice merge collector, but I dont see it for sale separately.

Well my point was the nice cast flange that is designed not to warp as you said, and the nice cast collector. With something like that I could do a non-cracking header for $500 or less.