PDA

View Full Version : nitrous fuel line

OnLooker
06-29-2006, 04:46 PM
What size fittings and line do i need to get to hook up to the schrader valve on the fuel rail?
Thanks

cordes
06-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Are you planning on using the schrader valve as fuel for a wet shot?

OnLooker
06-29-2006, 06:46 PM
yup, I have a carb kit here and got a fogger for it. In the directions for the efi kits it has a hose that is supposed to be put on the schrader valve.

cordes
06-29-2006, 06:59 PM
That is interesting. I would probably avoid using the schrader valve for such a purpose as so many people have reported that putting FP gauges on them etc. cause them to break off on our cars. I would probably take it from just before the fuel enters the rail by using a tee. YMMV.

zin
06-29-2006, 08:15 PM
As an alternative to the Schrader, you can tee into the fuel line going to the rail. You'll need the "T" and an AN fitting to go into it. Alternately, you could just run a "T" with hose barb all around and use rubber hose to go to the fuel solenoid, if you have a hose barb adapter for the solenoid. If you need help finding the parts, you can get them from my company. Hope this helps!

Mike

Clay
06-29-2006, 09:12 PM
you can put the fuel line right on the schrader valve on the fuel rail. Ive done it on a couple of cars with out issue. The problem with the fuel gauge on the rail is the gauge is fairly "heavy" and the vibration will cause a leak. The fuel line is light and flexible, so it will allow movement, and shouldnt cause any issues.

clay

cordes
06-29-2006, 09:15 PM
you can put the fuel line right on the schrader valve on the fuel rail. Ive done it on a couple of cars with out issue. The problem with the fuel gauge on the rail is the gauge is fairly "heavy" and the vibration will cause a leak. The fuel line is light and flexible, so it will allow movement, and shouldnt cause any issues.

clay

Good to know. I just think of how hard good fuel rails are to find these days, for the two piece mostly but still, nice to know that some one else has done some long term experimentations.

WVRampage
06-29-2006, 11:18 PM
I have one on the fuel rail and as long as you are careful when tightening the line everything is all good.

OnLooker
06-30-2006, 01:14 AM
I have one on the fuel rail and as long as you are careful when tightening the line everything is all good.

Do you happen to know what size the line and fitting is? This is going on a log car till the motor gives out then it is getting the T2 treatment.

ottawa rogue
07-01-2006, 10:24 AM
if i remember right, it should be a -4 SAE 45deg flare fitting