PDA

View Full Version : old coil vs newer coil

shelbymonster
12-30-2010, 10:43 AM
im running a newer style coil on my t2 pacifica because i did go tru all my spares ones lately and the v6 3.0 coil was the last one , could it be a no-go ? the coil itself is warm when i touch it after a drive

Force Fed Mopar
12-30-2010, 11:02 AM
If it's bolted to the engine it's gonna be slightly warm at least from engine heat, not to mention radiator air blowing on it.

shelbymonster
12-31-2010, 09:47 AM
today im gonna get the coil to his original place , i bought a accel coil for replacement and the engine running great so far , but the thing is ... my sc got it to the motor for more than 5 years with no problem , maybe i have more vibration in the daytona , thanks

shelbymonster
01-03-2011, 05:37 PM
i think im about to find the problem , seems to be a short somewhere , the key off i got negative on both side of the coil , now time to check where it come from , it must give too much resistance for long runs and overheat the coil ...

risen
01-13-2011, 03:58 PM
i think im about to find the problem , seems to be a short somewhere , the key off i got negative on both side of the coil , now time to check where it come from , it must give too much resistance for long runs and overheat the coil ...

ASD supplies power to + side of coil. So unless you triggered your ASD to run the fuel pump and power the coil, your test won't show much. Maybe the resistance through the fuel pump to ground.