PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get an exhaust flange?

jre97
06-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Where can I get a chrysler flange for mounting a turbo to a custom header? I'm involved in an interesting project which involves an old mitsue I had laying around and a toyota truck with a 22re in it. My father in law wants more power in his truck an metioned turbo charging it. Well now away we go with it:eyebrows:

jre97
06-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Found one at fwd performance. Thanks any ways.

mpgmike
06-28-2006, 11:15 PM
I can make you one. I have 1018 steel 1/2" thick I use to make flanges with. PM me.

Mike

jre97
06-29-2006, 05:41 PM
I was thinking about it today and I think I'm going to make one at work. I just need to make a pattern and burn it out on the pattern torch then drill the holes. How bad would the 1/2" distort? Would it need to be surface ground to true it up?

mpgmike
06-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Between the torching and welding, I most certainly would resurface the turbo mounting part. There isn't any gasket or anything to take up slop, so any variances could potentially end up as an exhaust leak.

Another little tip, I drill and tap the holes for studs, but I stop the tap just shy of breaking through the bottom so the stud bottoms out when tightened.

Mike