PDA

View Full Version : SRT-4 into an L-body

kistlerjm9
06-28-2006, 05:33 PM
I have a wrecked srt-4 with no title out of a junk yard. Has anyone even consider shoe horning this engine into an omni. If so lmk where i can find some more info on it. I do believe this will be sick as hell expect for some fab work and custom shafts. Any suggestions lmk.

BadAssPerformance
06-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Nope, wont fit... how much you want for it?

;) just kidding,check this out (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638)

GLH-T
06-30-2006, 01:54 AM
Join the bandwagon. Im currently searching for a long block for the same swap. If you point me in the right direction of one, id be happy to show you how it fits. You will more then likely just use the motor and a standard TD 5 speed or auto. The srt tranny is a different setup and i havent read of anyone using the whole drivetrain as a swap.... yet.

Keito
06-30-2006, 06:08 AM
I remember a few years back Akuma on Turbododge was trying to do it.
He was banned so many times, never heard an update.
Some old timers might remember Sean H.

Clay
06-30-2006, 08:59 AM
hehehe Sean has been on this board since it started.

as for the SRT4 into the Omni, sure it will fit........ but you should try to do what this guy did with a mustang cobra and an old 65 Mustang fastback: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134855&page=1&pp=25

He put the Fastback body on top of the cobra chassis, complete with the cobra interior. Sweet! Take the SRT4 chassis and put the omni body on top of it! ;)

clay

TurbododgePirate
06-30-2006, 10:58 AM
I have a wrecked srt-4 with no title out of a junk yard. Has anyone even consider shoe horning this engine into an omni. If so lmk where i can find some more info on it. I do believe this will be sick as hell expect for some fab work and custom shafts. Any suggestions lmk.

It can't be done. Never, no way, just forget about it. You'd be much better off trading me the wrecked SRT4 for a Charger shell that I have sitting here. :D

NAH! I'm just kidding ya. Of course it can be done, and someone is putting a SRT4 tranny in, so the hydraulic clutch is doable as well. As for the custom stuff, how much will you build it up? Yes, youll need to fabricate some things, but just look around here and you'll find all the information that you'll need.
~~Heath