PDA

View Full Version : 3" mandrel S/V

Shadow
12-16-2010, 10:08 PM
I have a couple more 3" mandrel S/V's that I'm just finishing up.

Comes with donut and allen head bolts + instructions on install.

250.00 + your 2 1/2" S/V (core) + shipping or 325.00 + shipping (no core)

Shadow
12-17-2010, 02:28 PM
All info should be right HERE (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41716)

Shadow
12-22-2010, 08:13 PM
ttt starting to hear some feedback on these bad boys!

Shadow
12-31-2010, 12:52 PM
I've had some ppl inquire as to wether I can use the 2 1/2" flange from an 89 or newer T1 mittsu S/V. So I tried it and (although a little more work cleaning it up) it works!

So, I can now make these using an 89+ mittsu S/V and a 2 1/4" Garrett and save you all from having to cut a 2 1/2" S/V. Now, the flange isn't quite as nice as the 2 1/2" but I guess that's personal preference. Bottom line, it will work.

Also, I've been considering a "do-it-yourselfers" pkge. I have all of the jigs to make these so that they will fit without any interferance with PS ect. What I rarely have is the time to put them together. (takes way more time than Any of you are thinking it does! lol)

So, for those that want to save some $'s and can weld/port, I could cut and fit all the pieces, put them in my assembly jig, index and # them for later assembly and ship them back to you for welding ect.

The cost for this would be 100.00 + shipping both ways, so send me 110.00 (10.00 to cover return shipping) + your 2 1/2", OR your 89+ Mittsu And 2 1/4" Garrett and I'll ship you back a ready to assemble 3" mandrel S/V.

Also, for those that want to weld on a v-band instead of flange. All you would need is a 2 1/4" Garrett S/V shipped to me + 90.00 (10.00 to cover return shipping) and you would get the 3" mandrel S/V ready to assemble and just add your v-band to the bottom.

LMK what you guys think.

BTW, I ended up making 6 of these this time (actually same as last year around this time) and I have 3 left. I won't have time to make any more till prob a year from now, so once these are gone, all I can offer is the do-it-yourself pkg.

ShadowFromHell
12-31-2010, 03:42 PM
I would be interested in a DIY package possibly. Not for me, but for my dads rampage if I can ever talk him into swapping the mitsu on his page to a garret I gave him. What would the turn around be on this? Also, what down pipe is needed? Will a TU 3in work?

Shadow
12-31-2010, 03:57 PM
I would be interested in a DIY package possibly. Not for me, but for my dads rampage if I can ever talk him into swapping the mitsu on his page to a garret I gave him. What would the turn around be on this? Also, what down pipe is needed? Will a TU 3in work?

Yes, I made this piece to work with any of the popular 3" downpipes, so if the TU is like the FWD performance one should be no problem. (Diago style anyways)

Turn around for DIY would prob be 2-3wks.

Shadow
01-04-2011, 01:28 PM
ttt, these should be ready to ship by the end of next week.

BadAssPerformance
01-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Moved to "group buys"

Juggy
01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
nice!

Shadow
01-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Really, group buys? I don't get it?

Anyways, I figured I'd post some pics of some of the process these go through. I didn't shoot any pics of the jig/cutting, but I have some shots after being tac'd together and a shot of the type of heat pen I get when welding these hot.

Also, for anyone who is wondering what they would get back to weld together themselves, this is what it would look like after tac'd together.

Juggy
01-06-2011, 09:43 AM
so you shipping them off all tacked up and just need to finish the beads???

Shadow
01-06-2011, 11:15 AM
so you shipping them off all tacked up and just need to finish the beads???

No, these ones are getting the full treatment. I was just saying that the "DIY PKG" that I offered up would be something like that.

I was first figuring on just cutting all the pieces in my jigs and sending them back, but maybe it would be better to tac them up while in the assem jig to make it even easier for the end user?

Juggy
01-06-2011, 11:20 AM
No, these ones are getting the full treatment. I was just saying that the "DIY PKG" that I offered up would be something like that.

I was first figuring on just cutting all the pieces in my jigs and sending them back, but maybe it would be better to tac them up while in the assem jig to make it even easier for the end user?

yeah the reason i asked was because whoever buys these things, will have no real way to line them up to get the exact angle. either gotta send em out tack welded, or somehow mark them while they are in the jig, so they can be positioned properly b4 tackin her up and layin down some beads

BadAssPerformance
01-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Really, group buys? I don't get it?

The regular "For Sale" section is for selling random parts, not for selling parts that are manufactured specifically for sale/profit.

The "Group Buy" section is for selling stuff that someone produces a specific batch quantity of to sell.

If you are looking to sell more stuff than a batch, please check out our Vendor guidlines

I hope this helps explain it...

Shadow
01-06-2011, 04:23 PM
yeah the reason i asked was because whoever buys these things, will have no real way to line them up to get the exact angle. either gotta send em out tack welded, or somehow mark them while they are in the jig, so they can be positioned properly b4 tackin her up and layin down some beads

Ya, that's exacly what I initially said, that I would mark/index them so they would line up for welding later! lol

The regular "For Sale" section is for selling random parts, not for selling parts that are manufactured specifically for sale/profit.

The "Group Buy" section is for selling stuff that someone produces a specific batch quantity of to sell.

If you are looking to sell more stuff than a batch, please check out our Vendor guidlines

I hope this helps explain it...

Gottcha, thanks for the splanation!

Shadow
01-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Figured I'd post more pics of the process. After welding and cleaning all the spatter.

Then holes located for bungs. Then bungs welded in. Next, more spatter cleaning!

Shadow
01-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Almost finished porting. Then all I need to do is beed blast them for stress relief, Clean and inspect, Aluminum oxide blast the outside for adheasion, apply heat coating, 2 bake cycles in oven and finally resurface mating flange! Should be ready to ship by the end of next week.

Only 2 left, all others have been paid/spoken for.

d3nt
01-14-2011, 12:05 AM
bump for a awesome seller my 2.5 is perfect!!!! shipping was super fast, thanks again.

Shadow
01-16-2011, 12:15 PM
bump for a awesome seller my 2.5 is perfect!!!! shipping was super fast, thanks again.

Your welcome!

Only one of these left. Should be ready to ship by the end of next week.

PunKid
02-24-2011, 04:19 PM
What are the requirments for the welding process of the DIY? I have a big ole mig welder is that possible to weld these cast housings?

I am assuming that the DIY kit would mean that the porting is left to be done buy the DIYer

Sorry for being late in the game this is the first I have heard of these things your creating

Shadow
03-04-2011, 01:44 PM
What are the requirments for the welding process of the DIY? I have a big ole mig welder is that possible to weld these cast housings?

I am assuming that the DIY kit would mean that the porting is left to be done buy the DIYer

Sorry for being late in the game this is the first I have heard of these things your creating

I'll see if I could post up some pics in the near future of the pieces you would get. Then it would be up to you to weld and finish port the piece to however you like. You Can weld these with a mig, that's how I currently do it. But you need to preheat and peen to avoid cracks.

I tried several times to tig these (would have saved lots of time) but even with special 10$ rods for cast, the weld would always crack! Finally gave up and just used the mig. Not as pretty as I'd like, but no cracking!

I'm thinking about trying a 3" 90 SS bend with v-band to see if the higher quality cast (factory S/V) welds better to the SS. Hoping I can tig it. If I can, the reduced time to weld and clean up would prob make up for the more expensive materials. We'll see.