PDA

View Full Version : General: Wiring Harness

diamond645
12-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Hello,

Looking for a wiring harness from the firewall to the battery and everywhere in between.(underhood) My car literally cooked (boiled) 3 batteries in one week so my mechanic took the harness apart to check for a loose connection and NEVER put her back together again!! I don't even know where the harness is.

Must be out of a 2 door 2.5 litre 4 cylinder MANUAL transmission, NON-turbo, between 1987-1989. I have a 1988 Lebaron Premium, but a Daytona of the same year would work as well. I may need the computer as too.

I appreciate any help I can get. Been looking for this part since 2000. I really want my baby back!

Please help! I'm restoring her all by myself and I'm only a girl!! :confused2:

Thank you kindly, Josephine :hail:

Northern Ontario! 4 hrs North West of T.O.

4 l-bodies
12-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Welcome to the forum! Is this for a turbo 2.5? There are several sub-harnesses underhood, besides the main engine harness. Alternator harness, Starter (positive cable), map & bar small subharness, etc. Do you need all relays, solenoids, SMEC (ECU/ECM),etc., or just the wiring?

If turbo, in 1987 the harness is completely different than the 88-89 harness.
87 used a Logic module/power module controller while the 88-89 cars used a SMEC (single module electronic controller). Two completely different animals so to speak.
Todd
BTW- I do have a fairly complete 88 Shelby Z engine harness. This was a manual transmission 2.2 Turbo II vehicle.

BadAssPerformance
12-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Welcome to the Forum!

+1 on the 87 being completely different than 88 or 89

diamond645
12-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Not a turbo. Just a plain ole 2.5 out of a manual car!

Thanks a bunch...Josephine

diamond645
12-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Welcome to the forum! Is this for a turbo 2.5? There are several sub-harnesses underhood, besides the main engine harness. Alternator harness, Starter (positive cable), map & bar small subharness, etc. Do you need all relays, solenoids, SMEC (ECU/ECM),etc., or just the wiring?

If turbo, in 1987 the harness is completely different than the 88-89 harness.
87 used a Logic module/power module controller while the 88-89 cars used a SMEC (single module electronic controller). Two completely different animals so to speak.
Todd
BTW- I do have a fairly complete 88 Shelby Z engine harness. This was a manual transmission 2.2 Turbo II vehicle.

Hi Todd..

Now I'm completely confused. I'll check her VIN again in the morning to see what year she is. This is my 5th Lebaron!!

Thanks a bunch!
Josephine!

RoadWarrior222
12-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi, don't know quite how far up and over you are, but closest guy I can think of who might be able to help you out might be raccoon.... though he still might be hours away.

Some of us from Ontario hang out here...
http://www.ontarioshelbydodge.com

If you have not discovered car-part.com the wreckers yard live inventory and search site, then that might help you find something close. Though some yards will ship stuff.

raccoon
12-17-2010, 10:23 AM
im 14 hours north of Toronto, in North Northern Ontario. :)

I dont have the correct parts. but Ill keep my eyes open. ill be playing in a junkyard tomorrow.

RoadWarrior222
12-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Guess I'm actually closer then LOL

I never know whether "4 hours" means, 4 hours at oh-dark-thirty doing 160kph, or 4 hours at any normal time of day or this time of year when you only get a 60-80 average coz of weather and traffic.