PDA

View Full Version : Returns

ScottD
12-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Is your return policy firm on 30days?

I bought a new ac condenser for my 86 Shelby GLHS (Omni) a few months ago. I finally had the time last week to pull the original condenser out and I find the new one doesn't fit. It isn't even close.

In fact, I looked at the condensers some other auto parts stores had and they were wrong too.

I'd like to return it even if it is for store credit instead of a refund. Would this be possible?

Subliminal
12-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Sounds like a good reason to give them a call or send an email. I've had a like situation and they accepted the return...but I can't remember the specifics.

turbovanmanČ
12-13-2010, 06:07 PM
"1fastCSX" had the same issue, they said no as if they constantly did that, they'd lose too much money.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52303

and

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50171

ScottD
12-14-2010, 12:51 AM
I emailed them and will report back.

BadAssPerformance
12-14-2010, 01:38 AM
Sounds like a good reason to give them a call.

+1 to the call. Not that e-mail doesn't work, but a call is typically better IMO.

135sohc
12-14-2010, 01:41 AM
I had a nice conversation with Mr Taylor of rockauto awhile ago. No hard feelings towards the company (ordered lots of stuff since then) and its return policy is understandable. But I'll just say check your stuff over asap when you get it and in some cases I think its just better to spend the little extra and buy local. Especially for stuff like radiators and A/C parts since theres less chance of damage and fitment issues can be addressed in person since the aftermarkets 'one size fits all' can bite ya in the @$$ pretty good sometimes. :(

ScottD
12-22-2010, 11:19 PM
They admitted the item was incorrect. Since it was past 30 days they took the item back but I had to pay shipping and a 5% re-stocking fee.

turbovanmanČ
12-23-2010, 01:28 AM
They admitted the item was incorrect. Since it was past 30 days they took the item back but I had to pay shipping and a 5% re-stocking fee.

Fair enough. :nod:

chryguy
12-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Previously I had argued about this very problem.

I felt that even if the customer had dropped the ball by not checking/using the merchandise within the allotted 30 days, if the item was incorrect or damaged they should make good on it.

I'm encouraged to see RA make good on the wrong part in this case. I feel the re-stocking charge is appropriate since the return was out of the 30 day warranty period.

+1 Simon...very fair.

Personally, makes me feel I can trust RA to do the right thing when a part is incorrect or damaged, and makes me MUCH more likely to order parts from RA.

That said, I am very careful to at least open the box and do a visual check of anything I order asap, as I do understand the concept of getting parts cheaply (not cheap parts), and following the rules to keep that company in business, thusly being able to get that deep discount.

Way to go Rock Auto...:thumb:

CG