PDA

View Full Version : distributor?

88shadowpjct
12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
is anyone using anything other than the factory distributor? i have the stock replacement dist. with autozone duralast gold cap and rotor. then a good set of wires. just trying to figure out if i can run a better dist and use the more comon style plug wires. kinda seems like the weakest point in my system. any thoughts?

135sohc
12-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Rich Bryant (rbryant screen name) sells a modified cap so you can use conventional wires and get away from the crappy spade terminals that burn up prematurely.

Directconnection
12-05-2010, 11:46 PM
I have a Mallory Unilite for a 2.2 Chrysler part#3770901 that uses a billet aluminum shaft for sale for a friend if anyone is interested. It is used, but real hard to find these days. Not sure if they can work in a turbo application....

BadAssPerformance
12-06-2010, 03:10 AM
I have a Mallory Unilite for a 2.2 Chrysler part#3770901 that uses a billet aluminum shaft for sale for a friend if anyone is interested. It is used, but real hard to find these days. Not sure if they can work in a turbo application....

The TBI and Turbos has different Hall Effect shutters.. got pics?

turbovanmanČ
12-06-2010, 04:49 AM
Rich Bryant (rbryant screen name) sells a modified cap so you can use conventional wires and get away from the crappy spade terminals that burn up prematurely.

Interesting, I've been using my crappy ends for 5 years with a high output coil and they are still like new, guess Aurora did their homework, :D

BadAssPerformance
12-06-2010, 04:51 AM
Interesting, I've been using my crappy ends for 5 years with a high output coil and they are still like new, guess Aurora did their homework, :D

Pics? I'm guessing they use the same ends as everyone else :p

135sohc
12-06-2010, 10:09 AM

Dont be a smartazz, the op asked and was told there are better options out there.

As long as autozone keeps their lifetime warrenty on plug wires I just keep trading them in when they look nasty :eyebrows:

turbovanmanČ
12-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Pics? I'm guessing they use the same ends as everyone else :p

Sure, when I take the dist out to do some work in a week or so, I'll snap some pics.

They use their own ends made to their specs, :D

Dont be a smartazz, the op asked and was told there are better options out there.

As long as autozone keeps their lifetime warrenty on plug wires I just keep trading them in when they look nasty :eyebrows:

Heheheee, :p

88shadowpjct
12-06-2010, 08:50 PM

i work there... unfortunately... but i am one of few who actually know what im talking about.

the district manager told us no more replacing parts on lifetime warranty unless it is a DEFECT in the part. cant return brake pads that are worn out normally, etc. i told him he can kiss his sales goodbye if he does that. thats the only reason majority of the people buy the duralast over the valucrap because when it wears out/breaks you can get a new one for as long as you own it. thats what brings people BACK into the store. ..ok enough of that.. back to the topic lol

i will check out rbryant's cap if it's worth it

BadAssPerformance
12-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Sure, when I take the dist out to do some work in a week or so, I'll snap some pics.

They use their own ends made to their specs, :D

Cool, wonder if they look similar to the Magnecor ends that have been in my Shadow for 9 years and 5 years in the Z before that...

contraption22
12-07-2010, 11:41 AM

ScottD was looking for one a while ago. Not sure if he still needs one, but I will make him aware of this one and to contact you.

These were intended as stand-alone distributors, that can run independently of any computer control. You can mechanically set the advance curves.