PDA

View Full Version : BOV line leak: Causing LM to overboost?

powermaxx
06-27-2006, 09:51 AM
This is a Greddy Type R BOV and it's the line below the diaphragm (comes right off the compressor housing). I noticed my TU Cal'd LM went over 30psi and did not shut it off (overboost is set at 27psi but no ASD relay came on like expected). But it does limit the boost in the low setting to 13psi.:confused: :confused: :confused:

So checking a few things out while waiting for Paul I noticed the lower BOV vac/press line was split. Repaired it and went for a test drive. It now looks like the upper boost level is "Hunting" for the cutoff point. It goes to 30psi then down to 22psi (and then all points in between). I figured 4-6 blasts at the high setting the LM should have learned by now?

So why did that vac/press line have such a huge affect on the LM and it's high boost setting? Why was the low boost setting not affected?

(No graingers, just letting the LM control the boost levels per the programming for high/low settings.)

I have a race this Friday and will put a MBC on it for safety but I'll have no low boost setting for launching.:mad:

Clay
06-27-2006, 10:25 AM
well, if you have a boost leak, then pressure is escaping at the leak, and before it can get to the MAP, so the computer probably didnt know it was running 30+ PSI. Thats my guess.

powermaxx
06-27-2006, 10:41 AM
The leak was small enough that it didn't register on the gauge so I'm thinking the MAP saw the same boost reference the gauge saw.

Especially since the low boost setting still functions via the LM and the MAP.

(I'm using the stock Vac harness, no cracks:thumb: so all of the sensors, solenoids have the same vac/boost reference source.)

Keep'em coming!