PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 89 Caravan - 5 speed - $1,000

Matti von Kessing
12-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Aiken, SC 29803

I've been away from the hobby for too long, and need to clean out my parents' garage. I have a 1989 Caravan that needs to go to a good home. This is not one of the original manual transmission vans, but the conversion was done very well. The electronics have been converted to TII with the addition of the temp sensor wiring. NPR intercooler mounted up front where the AC condenser used to be.

Body - Decent shape, but it is starting to show it's age. The roof is starting to develop a little bit of surface rust, and the rear passenger side wheel well has a small patch of rot.

Interior - A little dirty, but in good shape. What you would expect from a 22 year old vehicle with a greasy --- teenager climbing in an out. Inadvertent grease stains here and there. Grease on the carpet.

Drivetrain - Not running. I have a myriad of long and shortblocks to choose from if you want one or all of them. I don't know off the top of my head though. It will come with the a568.

Van comes installed with Konis and 16inch pumpers. I think I have 6 CS center caps, so you get those too. I also have 15" snowflakes with good rubber if you want those as well for an extra $100

This is located in Aiken, SC. I'm not going to ship it. I need somebody to come pick it up ASAP as I have no time to work on cars anymore and need the cash. I'm going to miss this one. Awesome car, and I'm going to miss it, but I live by the bicycle now and don't work on cars.

If anybody has Matt Train's contact info...send this to him, please. I bought it from him about 7 years ago.

van pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/matthew.kessing/VanAndCharger#

JohnnyIroc
12-03-2010, 05:13 PM
So this is exactly what i want, at the wrong time and no money...
interested in trade for a 91 IROC daytona, 568 t1 car,
i would need some cash to in the trade...
car runs are drives good

boostboy
12-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I wish I was closer, one screaming deal!!

tsiconquest88
12-03-2010, 08:19 PM
this thing runs? and all finished? im confused as it doesnt say in the description and the pics shows things unfinished.

Matti von Kessing
12-03-2010, 10:09 PM
this thing runs? and all finished? im confused as it doesnt say in the description and the pics shows things unfinished.

Check in the drivetrain description. Not running. All it needs is a running long-block. Unfortunately, I have neither the resources or the desire to get it to that point.

Really, the desire is what is missing...that and I want to get back to Austin asap.

Matti von Kessing
12-03-2010, 10:11 PM
So this is exactly what i want, at the wrong time and no money...
interested in trade for a 91 IROC daytona, 568 t1 car,
i would need some cash to in the trade...
car runs are drives good

I'd be willing to trade for bicycle components, but that is about it. I drive very little lately.

JohnnyIroc
12-03-2010, 10:44 PM
ehhh dont have much more then about a 15 year old murray speed bike,
if its around when i have some extra cash, ill get in touch with you

Matti von Kessing
12-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Van is temporarily not for sale. I have found a bit of motivation to fix something. Hopefully it lasts long enough to throw something together.

BadAssPerformance
12-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Cool deal, looks like you have a nice project there! :nod: Post up a thread in the Project Log section and keep us posted! :thumb:

5sp. mini
12-05-2010, 12:18 AM
i like that grillhttp://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/ALSDEMON/DSC04024.jpghttp://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/ALSDEMON/DSC04022.jpgput a sunviser on it and youll be set.mine was a 5 speed toohttp://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/ALSDEMON/DSC04020.jpg

wheming
12-05-2010, 01:11 AM
Now I'm confused...
So you have a 5spd turbo van for sale right now too?

where's your post???

5sp. mini
12-05-2010, 01:38 AM
no mine was sold 2years ago but thats my only pic,s of it.

Matti von Kessing
12-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Van now has a rebuilt 2.5 with a big valve Menegon G-head. Hanging off the head from a TU header is a 60 trim T3/T4 hybrid turbo and a 2 piece intake. Power to the ground through a Cliff built a555/a520 hybrid with an OBX LSD and bearing support plate. The potential is huge :amen:

Unfortunately, it still doesn't run, but at least it is close to being a complete vehicle. I'll finish it later.

-or-

I'd be willing to trade for a reliably running motorcycle for my dad. I don't think my dad is the croch rocket kind of guy.

Either one, fine by me. It would be nice to get rid of everything, though and be done with it. Make offers, please.

JohnnyIroc
12-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Post some new pics!
how much for it once its all together?

Matti von Kessing
12-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Pics haven't really changed all that much. lol. Currently, the engine is hanging from the hoist inside the engine bay. If nobody wants to come pick it up as a rolling project, then it will sit for a while longer. Whats another 6 months after waiting 60?

I'm out of time, so it isn't getting finished during this trip. I have a very angry wifey in Austin, TX that wants me home. AS for the price now...$3,000 considering the parts under the hood, or a motorcycle :thumb:.

JohnnyIroc
12-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Pics haven't really changed all that much. lol. Currently, the engine is hanging from the hoist inside the engine bay. If nobody wants to come pick it up as a rolling project, then it will sit for a while longer. Whats another 6 months after waiting 60?

I'm out of time, so it isn't getting finished during this trip. I have a very angry wifey in Austin, TX that wants me home. AS for the price now...$3,000 considering the parts under the hood, or a motorcycle :thumb:.

if its 3k in 6 months with whats done to it i might be considering it

Matti von Kessing
12-08-2010, 10:22 PM
if its 3k in 6 months with whats done to it i might be considering it

The offer is on the table. You let me know when you are ready to come pick it up, and I'll let you know if it is still available. :thumb:

I just want it to go to a good home.

JohnnyIroc
12-08-2010, 10:39 PM
ill move this to a PM

tsiconquest88
12-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Why are you living by the bike? dwi's or something lol?

Matti von Kessing
12-08-2010, 10:59 PM
I got addicted to a different kind of speed. :)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_T_LZq8rMBIU/TQBF4zXkyPI/AAAAAAAACBU/ACNPdwnV3GE/s640/Driveway%20Break.jpg

tsiconquest88
12-08-2010, 11:06 PM
lol, man i give you credit- i have gotten quite lazy since driving lol. Bike or walk i get to almost crying haha

Good to see it wasnt due to some crazy crap like being a drunk driver or something lol.

BTW that pic you added and your enthusiasm to it- i could only think of one thing to do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXO3gKfOUN8

Matti von Kessing
12-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Notice the rumble strip in the picture? It was taken at a place called the Driveway in Austin. An awesome motorsports facility that is kind enough to open their doors to bike racers once a week all summer.

Some shots of the course:
http://www.drivewayaustin.com/media/gallery-style?func=viewcategory&catid=9

tsiconquest88
12-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Oh wait, thats you in the pic? if so, i thought it was just a random pic you put up to show what your doing lol.

Matti von Kessing
12-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Oh wait, thats you in the pic? if so, i thought it was just a random pic you put up to show what your doing lol.

Lol...yup. That's me.

tsiconquest88
12-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Livin life a KM at a time haha... Not making fun, just adding to your line... found a different kind of speed. In all honesty i give ya credit cus i never found the ambition to ride like that. I know a few people here and there that do it and im like more power to ya lol. A past friend of mine's (havent seen him in a long time), father would ride like every day, and around one time a week or so, 50 miles out and then back home, im like dude your nuts lol...

GLHSHELBY
12-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Check in the drivetrain description. Not running. All it needs is a running long-block. Unfortunately, I have neither the resources or the desire to get it to that point.

Really, the desire is what is missing...that and I want to get back to Austin asap.
definitely got some $$ in that TCR. Austin is definitely a great place for that kind of addiction:thumb:
We have a lot of bikers here around donaldson air force base.
good luck on the sale if you`re still trying

Aerosmith145
12-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Possibly trade for my GLH clone?