PDA

View Full Version : Engine: T2 rotating assem.

Spr-T-23
12-01-2010, 10:41 PM
ok so im going to bebuild a 2.5cb tbi engine in my garage for a turbo motor, looking for good crank rods and pistons to go in it. would be interested in a t2 intake as well. must be in mich in the detriot area or close to it, im not interested in seeing the shipping cost of a crank....

black86glhs
12-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Its only about 20-25 dollars cross country. Got one from Simon 2 years ago. Just to let you know.:thumb:

Directconnection
12-01-2010, 11:06 PM
ok so im going to bebuild a 2.5cb tbi engine in my garage for a turbo motor, looking for good crank rods and pistons to go in it. would be interested in a t2 intake as well. must be in mich in the detriot area or close to it, im not interested in seeing the shipping cost of a crank....

Not totally understanding your post, but a T2 assembly would be a 2.2, not 2.5. But anyways.... if you have a 2.5 TBI right now, you can use that crank as they are all the same whether they are TBI or T-I.

Spr-T-23
12-01-2010, 11:17 PM
well i want something stout, i blew a 2.5 t1 set up pretty nicely a few weeks ago. still slightly newbish, but learning.

John B
12-02-2010, 03:51 AM
i blew a 2.5 t1 set up... but learning. I can feel the love! There's so much to learn! :love:

Bardo
12-02-2010, 07:12 AM
What let go? Pistons, rods, crank or all of the above? If your looking to go all forged then you want t2 pistons and a crank the rods should be the same as t2 rods

TopDollar69
12-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I'm confused, do want to make the 2.5LTBI engine a 2.2L? If you do, I have everything you need from an 89 TII engine including the intake. Obviously I would have to ship it, but it might not be that bad.

turbovanmanČ
12-02-2010, 02:48 PM
well i want something stout, i blew a 2.5 t1 set up pretty nicely a few weeks ago. still slightly newbish, but learning.

Cast CB cranks are stout, never broken one yet, others are running more power and they are fine.

Rods, go T2 or Eagle rods from an SRT are a reasonable alternative, pistons, go forged, don't mess around with cast.

Juggy
12-02-2010, 05:02 PM
all you need is a set of turbo rods, and 2.5 turbo pistons.
i also have turbo exhaust manifolds. as well as 2 piece intakes...

located in windsor ontario! sorry i cant cross the border :( (otherwise i would have offered my help to give you a hand in one of your previous threads)
maybe u can cross here tho!

PM me if interested in anything...what kind of car are you doing up??

oh yeah, youll also need to fab up turbo coolant feed, and oil return...as the TBI block was not drilled/tapped for this stuff. easy fix tho, and a few ways to go about it...its all personal preference...

Directconnection
12-02-2010, 07:43 PM
located in windsor ontario! sorry i cant cross the border :(

Get a temporary work visa? :D You know what sucks... you can cross the border illegally and expect/get bennies, etc... but a legit border crossing is impossible? (sorry for the politcs/religion rant)

Spr-T-23
12-02-2010, 09:45 PM
yea swim the boarder, but i think i blew a hole in a piston. #4 by the sounds of it. i was racnig a mazda on the freeway, wide open in 4th gear for a little too long, think i leaned it way out. motor sounds like its blowing comp. into the crank case. think i leaned it out bad, it was piston slapping bad anyways so i dont care that i blew it. ok so if the crank is cool than i guess i need some rods and some good pistons. im getting a dohc head in a couple days, have a spare motor to test fit everything. you all are the pros so guide me in the correct direction. thanks T

Spr-T-23
12-02-2010, 09:49 PM
im thinking 2.5/2.4 hybrid with both the mitsu turbos i have sitting here. i was thinking of getting a 420a head to get the exaust up front to make more room for the turbo and ease of intercooler pipe routing. but thinking a doing are two very differnt things, cool ideas float arround in my head alot....

Directconnection
12-02-2010, 11:54 PM
im thinking 2.5/2.4 hybrid with both the mitsu turbos i have sitting here. i was thinking of getting a 420a head to get the exaust up front to make more room for the turbo and ease of intercooler pipe routing. but thinking a doing are two very differnt things, cool ideas float arround in my head alot....

Will this be your 1st build? I ask... because if it is, I'd stick with a basic sohc stock type rebuild as the 16v hybrid is very advanced.

Also, what was the car that this engine is going into? If a 1989 and newer T-I, then it's a 2.5 and you'll need the 2.5 T-I computer. If going 2.2, then get a 2.2 T-II computer, or have your's re-caled.

Bardo
12-03-2010, 12:20 AM
all you need is a set of turbo rods, and 2.5 turbo pistons.
i also have turbo exhaust manifolds. as well as 2 piece intakes...

T2 and 2.5 rods were the same from 89 on I believe

Directconnection
12-03-2010, 11:08 AM
T2 and 2.5 rods were the same from 89 on I believe

Not if 2.2 or 2.5 TBI.... as I'm sure you knew that, but he might not.

Look for any TURBO rod 1989 and *newer* as the 1989 and up T-I, II, III and IV rods are the exact same rod.

Juggy
12-03-2010, 11:24 AM

Look for any TURBO rod 1989 and *newer* as the 1989 and up T-I, II, III and IV rods are the exact same rod.

yeah most casting end with "298" i believe. or was it 928????

and nope, legit border crossing will just turn me away....ive been a bad boy this year :o
cant even visit family in vegas now :(

Bardo
12-03-2010, 01:56 PM

thank you for clearing up my tired rambling

Spr-T-23
12-03-2010, 07:14 PM
first 2.5 build up, most of my builds have been big v8 race engines, 800 horse 468 bbc in a 944 porche for instance.... ill check what i have as far a part numbers, when i get the bad motor out of my car. im a mechanic, so im not affraid to tackle very complex builds. tax times comming so im getting my ducks in a row and saing money like crazy, come spring i hope to have a very sweet turbo shadow vert.