PDA

View Full Version : 06 Ram 1500 3.7 Auto cold stall issue

Big_P
11-29-2010, 08:14 PM
This particular truck belongs to a friend of mine. I have not driven it yet and I won't be able to for a few days but figured it couldn't hurt to ask in case someone else has had a similar issue.

This truck will stall sometimes at idle when it's cold. Sitting in park, at a stoplight, anytime the foot is pulled off the gas pedal.

Identifix doesnt have many common fixes like this besides an IAC problem (I kinda doubt it's an IAC issue but maybe).

Auto trans, if that helps

Thanks guys.

shadow88
12-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't hesitate to start with a throttle body clean and possibly a set of plugs if the milage is there.

glhs0426
12-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Check the transmission fluid level. If it's low enough, especially when it's cold, the torque converter clutch will apply and kill the engine.

Check the TPS voltage. If it's in the .5X range crank the torx bit adjuster til its around .65. It will cover a lot of intermittent issues such as a slow/sticky IAC, fast acting purge, etc. Make sure to cycle the key after adjustment and see if it will still maintain target idle as well as stay @ 0% TPS.

shadow88
12-03-2010, 08:14 PM
NEAT! I have to assume you learned this through experience.