PDA

View Full Version : Spec "3F" Clutch Disc

MiniMopar
11-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Cindy, can you explain what this clutch is? You describe it as "full-faced Feramic". I assume that Spec's Stage 5 is a Feramic type of material, so is it like a Stage 5 or a Stage 3+ (full-faced Stage 3)?

4 l-bodies
11-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Russ,
My understanding is the 3F is the same as the 3+. 3F is simply part of the part # for the clutch disk. For example a large spline 3+ would be called SD573F. They refer to their friction material as carbon semi-metallic friction. Spec does not use the terminology of Feramic. In fact one of the owners did not know what that meant when I referred to their disk as Feramic. Pretty sure the stage 5 is a full metallic iron disk like the rev-lock, but it is a solid hub. Rob (shadow) says that a spec4+ or F would be a solid hub version of the 3F disk.
Cindy please correct and enlighten me if I am mistaken.
Todd

MiniMopar
11-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Thanks, Todd. Yeah I know SPEC doesn't use that marketing term. Based on what I could learn about it, it basically sounded like sintered iron ("graphite impregnated steel").

MiniMopar
11-30-2010, 10:06 PM
So Cindy, is Todd right about this? If so, you might want to make it more clear on the website by calling it what it is and dropping the "FERAMIC" reference.