PDA

View Full Version : Video: AA Lebaron vs EVO MR

Mario_V
06-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Hi, this weekend me and my father ran the AA body mexican Lebaron. It was a fun weekend.

We ran against a couple of SRT-4s and a friends new Mitsu EVO MR!

The Lebaron previously ran a best of 14.3, on average runs 14.5, this weekend it was a little slower. We didnīt know why until the check engine light gave us code 27. It was a bad inyector harness :(. The car stumbled when we were leaving the track. Today I replaced it and all is fine.

Here is video of 3 runs :) including one against the EVO: http://www.turbosmx.com/videos/lebtoluk.wmv

Rattlesnake
06-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi, this weekend me and my father ran the AA body mexican Lebaron. It was a fun weekend.

We ran against a couple of SRT-4s and a friends new Mitsu EVO MR!

The Lebaron previously ran a best of 14.3, on average runs 14.5, this weekend it was a little slower. We didnīt know why until the check engine light gave us code 27. It was a bad inyector harness :(. The car stumbled when we were leaving the track. Today I replaced it and all is fine.

Here is video of 3 runs :) including one against the EVO: http://www.turbosmx.com/videos/lebtoluk.wmv

Muy bien hecho colega, ya pendaba que yo era el unico latino, no me siento solo:thumb:

Ground Rat
06-28-2006, 09:31 PM
What's the street scene like down there?

Mario_V
07-12-2006, 12:54 PM
What's the street scene like down there?

Hi, it depends on the region. North of Mexico is known for V8 inclined people.

Mexico city where traffic jams are "apocalyptic", little cars are the norm. VWs are the ones being modified more. From VW bugs to GTIs. There arenīt many fast cars in general, 1/4 mile tracks are a recent thing here. In a typical day you see a lot of 16 second and up cars with some dipping in to the 15s and 14s. Altitude has a big effect here (7000ft and up), even for turbo cars. Here you see stock SRT-4s in hi 14s, stock 06 Mustangs also in hi 14s. Only at big national events
you can see faster times (12s and below).

People donīt go much to the tracks. Mexico city has only 1 track. With about 3 tracks near of it. Toluca, where this event took place, is near. The track where I run is in Tlalnepantla, also very near from Mexico city.

93sundance
07-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Woah, this whole time I thought you and the other Mario were one person. I just noticed that you are Mario V. LOL. Didnt notice the V after Mario.

Nice video

Bardo
07-20-2006, 03:18 PM
ok dumb question. what is an "aa baron"?

mark
07-20-2006, 03:38 PM
an AA Body Lebaron

93sundance
07-20-2006, 05:33 PM
you know... the 4 door lebaron, spirit, and acclaims are all AA bodies

Bardo
07-20-2006, 08:38 PM
ok i though there was something going on that i didnt know about. thanks:thumb: