PDA

View Full Version : Turbos/Intercoolers: T3/T4 H Trim Stage 3 with external Gate Setup

CSX194
11-22-2010, 09:12 PM
This is a newly rebuilt T3/T4 H trim turbo with stage 3 exhaust. It has not been run since rebuild. Turbo has been rebuilt with all Garrett parts except the real 0 gap seal which is a turbonetics piece. The turbine shaft is new stage 3, center housing is new along with the compressor wheel. Basically the only parts reused was the compressor housing and exhaust housing which is only about a year old. This is a dynamic seal turbo and has the 360 deg thrust bearing.

For the Turbo im asking $450 obo.

If you just want the turbo i have 3 exhaust housing options for you. The one pictured has a large hole for the external gate setup. I also have a smaller hole housing for an internal gate setup and a housing with the hole blocked. All 3 housings are the same Garrett pieces. I can also include a garrett internal wastegate flange. Ford style.

Next is the External gate setup this was used on a CSX with power steering. Down pipe can be removed without removing any engine parts! Clears everything nicely. It also comes with a flex coupler that has a little jog in it to line up with the tunnel and get it past the k member(its not pictured). $250 obo

I also have a forward motion ported exhaust mani that has been modified for the t3 flange. I wont sell seperate,only if you want the package deal.

Package deal with turbo, downpipe, mani $625 obo

This setup makes turbo removal a breeze. Seriously I can have it off in less then an hour with 2 wrenches!! And it fits nicer then a stock turbo. Bolts are far easier to get to and stock intercooler hoses bolt up.

This is a t04b housing so that means it fits in the stock location and you can even use a factory t2 intercooler setup. Turbo is capable of over 30psi. Spools very well on the car I had it on and at 15 psi it made more power then a heavily modded t3 at 25 psi. At 25 psi with this turbo the car was an absolute monster! I lost my data logs on my crashed computer but I believe I was seeing full spool around 3800 at 25psi. It will pull 10-15psi even lower.

I really hate to sell but at this time I need the funds to finish my 16v build and this car is going back to stock turbo for a reliable daily that will keep me out of trouble LOL.

http://picasaweb.google.com/extreemduster340/T3T4HTrim#

CSX194
11-22-2010, 09:14 PM
FYI I also have an older barely used Turbonetics wastegate that I can make available for a decent price if you want the package.

4cefedomni
11-23-2010, 01:21 AM
I'm interested in the whole setup. Can you get me a shipping quote to 98230?

Don

CSX194
11-23-2010, 09:57 AM
$20 for shipping, Ill split it with ya:)

I get good rates through work via UPS.

turbovanmanČ
11-23-2010, 03:52 PM
What's an "H" trim, asking for Don, he has no internet for a few days, plus I am curious too, I thought compressor wheels had numbers?

rx2mazda
11-23-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm curious too..

Edit: BTW, this is a great price for all your getting.

CSX194
11-23-2010, 07:06 PM
What's an "H" trim, asking for Don, he has no internet for a few days, plus I am curious too, I thought compressor wheels had numbers?

Generally speaking compressor trims do have numbers however Garrett for some reason lists the b-series wheels as letters. Go figure. The t3's are numbers and the t4 e series are also numbers but for some off the wall reason the b series are letters. Here is the specs if someone wants to calculate the trim.

http://www.turbocharged.com/catalog/comp_wheels.html

turbovanmanČ
11-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Generally speaking compressor trims do have numbers however Garrett for some reason lists the b-series wheels as letters. Go figure. The t3's are numbers and the t4 e series are also numbers but for some off the wall reason the b series are letters. Here is the specs if someone wants to calculate the trim.

http://www.turbocharged.com/catalog/comp_wheels.html

Thanks. So doing the math, its a 70 trim.

What are the comp and turbine a/r's?

CSX194
11-23-2010, 07:42 PM
.60 on the compressor and .63 on the turbine housing.

turbovanmanČ
11-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Thank you. A few more question's, :eyebrows: What was your old setup, any track numbers or spool rpm info?

CSX194
11-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Never did take it to the track but my old setup is as follows

+1 G Head very mild port job didnt even touch the bowls
Heavily ported 2 piece removed bumps by injectors
+40's on a turbonator tune
FWD F4 cam, conicals, pt lifters
Completely stock 100k mile bottom end LOL
3 inch exhaust with 2 muffelers after the down pipe.
Super 60 intercooler.

Car had power steering and AC.

I was really surprised how well the turbo spooled even with the s3 turbine compared to my .48 ar S2 t3 with 46 trim E wheel in stock housing. I ran that little t3 for like 8 years and purchased it from FM. I was happy with the FM turbo but it doesn't compare to this setup. Even at a pig rich tune 10:1 the car was a different animal it spooled faster then the T3. I could tell that there was way more power to be had, as i started to lean the curve out down low the turbo kept spooling faster and faster. A few times I had spikes past 30psi before I could even blink an eye! I have no doubt that the car was well into the 300hp range even though it was not tuned well. Ive had 10 td's throughout the years so even though its bench racing talk without proof I know what a 300hp car feels like.

When I got this unit I was very hesitant about the s3 wheel in it, I didnt think the little 8v would push it and I had bought it for my srt motor in my GLHS. I decided to put it on just to see and I could not believe how well it ran. The 2.4 will definitely need a much larger turbo.

the other nice thing about this setup is it honestly makes turbo removal a breeze even on our cars. I could literally have it off with a wrench and a socket. having the T3 flange is a must in my book as the bolt holes are much easier to get to.

turbovanmanČ
11-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Ok, I'll call him tonight.

CSX194
11-23-2010, 09:11 PM
I also noticed that this wheel is a different design then the other s3 units that ive had in the past. That may be why the spool time was better then previous turbos I have had. Im sure the external gate didnt hurt either LOL...

banger68
11-23-2010, 09:54 PM
PM sent

4cefedomni
11-23-2010, 11:05 PM
$20 for shipping, Ill split it with ya:)

I get good rates through work via UPS.

Deal. Do you have paypal?

88C/S
11-24-2010, 12:58 AM
If he doesn't get it, I will.