PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Turbo Woody Mini Van 1989

BIG PSI
11-22-2010, 12:34 AM
I am putting up my 1989 Dodge Caravan WOODY for sale.
The Mini has P/S, PDB, P front windows, tilt, rear defroster.

The motor is a 2.5 that has been rebuilt by OhioRob (Rob Pachner).
It has .040 Mahle Pistons and new rings & bearings.
Counter balance shafts have been removed.
ARP Head Studs & Rod Bolts & Nuts
All motor & transmission mounts are from Poly Mount.
Motor has a Garrett T2 turbo and T2 Inter-Cooler.
Braided steel oil and cooling lines
Radiator has been replaced along with a new HD Electric Cooling Fan.
There is a toggle switch that will turn on the cooling fan (dash mounted)
Cold Air Intake.
HKS Blow Off Valve.
Intake, Valve Cover, 46mm TB, and the distributor are all painted in heavy metal flake silver with clear. (they look great)
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator.
Mech Fuel pressure gauge.
Manual Boost Controller set to 14 psi of boost.
Boost Button Computer with launch control set at 3500 rpm.
Full 3 inch exhaust with dump tube and high flow muffler (round type)
{there is NO CAT}
New battery
MSD Blaster Coil

5 spoke aftermarket rims were media blasted and painted to match the valve cover and they have new P205/60R15 General Tires.

New E-Brake Cables and new 911 Brake Pads and new slotted rotors.
I just put on a set of front & rear braided steel brake lines and power bled the brakes.

Auto Meter Tach with shift light
Auto Meter Oil Pressure Gauge (Mech)
Wide Band 02 sensor

Transmission is a 413 (auto) with a Cheetah Reverse Full Manual Valve Body.
The trans has a Phantom Grip Posi and extra clutches installed.
Forward Motion Stage 1 Torque Converter (stalls @ 3800) if you remove the launch control from the computer.

New front headlight buckets with Silver Star Bulbs
The ONLY Chrome Alternator ever built for a Turbo-Mopar (yes I had it made and had it rebuilt at the same time).

If I get my asking price I will include a Texas Sliding Door & Rear Hatch.

For sale at $3,500

Call Chuck
330-208-6901

raccoon
11-22-2010, 06:59 AM
this is Derwood correct? i likes.

BIG PSI
11-22-2010, 09:01 AM
this is Derwood correct? i likes.

Yes we call this Mini Van DERWOOD.

:nod:

BIG PSI
11-27-2010, 06:54 PM
PRICE DROP to $3,000

BIG PSI
12-02-2010, 05:24 PM
TTT once more

BIG PSI
12-18-2010, 09:07 PM
This Mini is still for sale

BIG PSI
12-22-2010, 09:18 AM
This Mini Van is sitting in storage waiting for a BUYER ------ is it you ?

BIG PSI
04-12-2011, 10:58 AM
OK, one last price drop on DERWOOD

$2,500.00 and it will come with a TEXAS sliding door and rear hatch.

Chuck

RoadWarrior222
04-12-2011, 12:18 PM
That's gotta be the sweet spot, highly enticing, couldn't buy a wrecked van and do half that to it for the money.

Vigo
04-12-2011, 01:43 PM
This is a smoking deal. Ive seen and ridden in this van, and RW is right you couldnt build this van at twice the price. The paint and detail work Chuck does is top-notch, the engine bay looks better in person than in pics.

If the interior is the same as it was when i saw it than the full interior is in very good condition as well. This is a turbo mopar you could take your family out in or take ANYONE out in and not have to make excuses for. Its comfortable, punchy, and unique and it still has all the people carrying and hauling abilities it left the factory with.

I wish i was in a position to buy it, Chuck is a guy i wouldnt hesitate to do a cross-country deal with.

BIG PSI
04-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks guys for the compliments.
But like I said I am going to be going in a different direction and need this last Turbo 2.5 SOLD

unluckyty
04-12-2011, 05:41 PM
What is your new direct Chuck, a Hayabusa?

Greg

BIG PSI
04-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Well Derwood must have heard that I was putting him up for sale so he decided to break down on me.
I turned the ignition key and nothing, have all my electrical power such as lights, tach, fuel pump.
Opened the hood and had my wife turn the key and the starter relay took a crap.

So I towed the Mini Van over to OhioRob and we are now going to do the following:
Replace the starter relay, pull the transmission and do a total rebuild including the Torque Converter, remove the stock transmission cooler and install a large aftermarket one, replace the driver's front door check as the interior light is inop with that door only, and clean/adjust the brakes.

Oh, I am also having him install the floor shifter that I bought from Powermaxx for the full manual valve body.
Last, I will see if I can have Rob get the speedometer and trip-odometer to work and reset the odometer to 15,000 as that is what I would guess that is on my new motor.

So with all this I guess I will have to once again REMOVE DERWOOD from sale.
Here we go again.

Chuck

BIG PSI
05-07-2011, 10:44 AM
OK guys I picked up DERWOOD on Thursday night and everything in post 13 was done except Rob did not install the floor shifter that I bought from Powermaxx. The mini runs great once again. Now the wide band O2 sensor is not reading, so I will have to find out what is causing that and fix it. So the van is once again FOR SALE....

The price however is back up to $3,000.00 with all the money I just spent.
So if you want a great running Turbo Mini Van, here it is.

Chuck

BIG PSI
05-11-2011, 02:12 PM
TTT once more.....

BIG PSI
05-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Well we redid the rear brakes, removed the charcoal canister, removed the spare tire sling completely, got the wide band O2 sensor to work, painted the power steering pump, painted the rear axle assembly and the rear leaf springs (black).

I bought a set of +20's Fuel Injectors and will get those installed and then the end of the May Rob Lloyd will be here to tune the Van. If it does not sell by that time I will removed it from sale once again.

Chuck