PDA

View Full Version : 88 T1 into an 86 Dodge 600

kingsturbo
06-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Hello all !! I came here from turbododge.com. Look foward to learning more on this site
Question:
I wanna put an 1988 T1 engine from a LeBaron into our 1986 Dodge 600 (Orig 600 engine has a bad turbo and is worn out)
What is the easiest way to do this?
I have the SMEC and the wiring harness from the LeBaron.
Any help and advice much appreciated !!:D

Subliminal
06-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Funny enough, I'm in the final stages of getting my 85 600es with a 88 t1 in it.

The 88 t1 isn't known to be the stoutest of engines (weak rods), but i'm sure it'll be more than enough for daily driven on moderate boost. Well, not sure, but it's more than likely!

You have two possible options.

1. The hard way. Swap that smec and harness in. It's the route I'm going. It requires wiring diagrams from both cars, and splicing the wires from the 88 harness to the bulkhead connector on the 86. The 86 setup uses a logic module in the cabin, and a power module under the hood. This swap is a little demanding time wise, as it requires a lot of patience to get it ironed out in the end.

2. The easy way. Go check this thread. It's just modifying your current system and replacing the logic module:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79

Hope that helps! There's plenty of people who are either doing or have done this. So, ask any questions that might arise.

d

kingsturbo
06-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanx Damon:D

Subliminal
06-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Anytime!