PDA

View Full Version : 88 Chrysler T&C wagon (Woody)

85boostbox
11-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Well i have currently moved back to FL and i told myself that the wagon would be torn down once i got here. So it will be going down in about a month. My plans on this car is too make the 350 HP mark and still be a daily. IT will become a CB. Most likely a 2.5. I am thinkin on running a holset on it. It will have T2 rods and forged pistons in it. Right now the car has a Ghead on it so i will most likely keep that. Obviously have it ported and put "big valves" in it. Will be keeping the car auto. That is about the start will get pics up once i get my computer out from unpacking. Then it starts from there.

Vigo
11-17-2010, 04:25 AM
If you want to make 350hp a lot easier, get a good intake manifold for it. Buy or build, whatever.

Also this VVVVVV :D
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/lumpics.jpg

Bardo
11-17-2010, 05:35 AM
I Want to see how this turns out cause Im building the same thing for the most part

Vigo
11-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Man, everybody but me... Ive NEVER seen a woody wagon for sale locally and i just missed out on a $200 aries wagon 2 days ago. :(

85boostbox
11-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Got pics of the cell phone. Will be adding them later. Vigo thanks for the pointers on the hitch. Worked well even though the end didnt end up so nice. Details will be later on that ordeal when i get the pics up. Yea i have one of the hardest cars to find. I know of about only for "88" woody wagon turbo's. Mostly were 87. So this one is definelty a keeper for sure. And Vigo i have a couple different intake ideas. I will mostly likely try to find a 2 piece but i want this car to be a daily so i dont want to sacrifice reliabilty. Keep you guys posted.

Vigo
11-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Well most intake manifolds dont have moving parts so reliability usually isnt a problem. A ported 2pc with a custom plenum can pretty much take you to the moon, just depends on how much time you want to spend porting it. Check out these pics of Warren Stramer's 2pc lower..

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/Modified%20Intakes/manifold1.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/Modified%20Intakes/manifold4.jpg

Yeh the 88s are definitely a rare find. The only ones with SMEC electronics and later style intake, etc.

85boostbox
11-21-2010, 01:42 AM
exactly. I have even pondered a Masi swap into this car but finding a masi motor is next to impossible and i am not about to spend 2500 dollars on just a head.

Vigo
11-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeh, no ----. It seems like the cheapest way to get masi stuff is to buy an entire TC and part it out.

85boostbox
11-22-2010, 09:51 PM
True but then even finding a Masi is next to impossible. Most of them were 3.0. shitty. well trying to get time to get pics up.

85boostbox
11-22-2010, 11:24 PM
has anyone tried a cold air intake by removing the Drivers side high beam headlight out. Just pondering more ideas of what i could do and this idea has popped into my head more than once.

BIGBRUDDA
11-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Ask R/T about the "wood scoop" on seriouswood-1.:confused2:

85boostbox
11-22-2010, 11:41 PM
will do. i couldnt remember the s/n of the guy that has built the wagons. Thanks.

85boostbox
11-22-2010, 11:51 PM
pic of the car by the way. I know ,I know the pass. side mirror is dangling. Part of the "accident" it was in towing my honda from TN. Yea about that my fiance' was towing my 91 Honda Civic hatch from Nashville, TN to Fort Myers FL. The trip went well until about 15 miles out from our destination. My honda was being flat towed with a tow bar. It hit the rumble strips and then the small ledge of the freeway on I75 when it got squirrelly and my girlfriend lost control. she ended in the median in about 2 feet of mud and water and ran over a beehive. She was doing about 60 when this happened. The wagon had all of my animals and everything of importance in my life in it. I think this was the scariest moment of my life watching my fiance" swerve and 180 off the side of the road. Everybody was fine and got out of the car safe. The wagon faired ok but the honda not so much. It took out a tree. It took the tow truck driver 3 hours to pull it out of the ditch and about 4 cans of Raid to kill of the bees. as was said though everyone faired ok. So please excuse the mirror LOL.

Vigo
11-23-2010, 02:18 AM
Dang man, sorry to hear it but glad everyone got out ok..

Any pics of the honda?

5sp. mini
11-23-2010, 07:34 AM
ya there another turbo car i miss mine was 86 with the cool hood /had the bannana lether seats/tan in color i t2 it with a csx lm.have to hunt for pic,s then i had more kid,s and got the van. i could always say i had wood.lol

wallace
11-23-2010, 09:11 AM
I just got most of the kinks worked out of my 87' woody wagon, should be titled/tagged this week or the next. Yours looks to be in pretty good shape the paint on mine is faded pretty bad. Do you still have the air suspension in the back?

R/T
11-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Nothing cooler.... :love:

Mine is an 87, intercooled, exhaust, injectors + G valve.

Hijacker air shocks in back, with spring clamps in the front.

Down in the basement on the engine stand is a new motor - 2.5 CB with a DOHC 16V Neon head and SRT4 turbo, waiting to be finished.... :yuck:

85boostbox
11-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Dang man, sorry to hear it but glad everyone got out ok..

Any pics of the honda?

Yea i got pics of the honda. It took the right front wheel and moved it about a foot into the wheel well. Amazingly nothing broke. Just bent really bad. Actually when i got here i went to my old work (buy here pay here lot) and low and behold he had a 91 Honda Civic Sedan that is extremely clean (only 113,000 miles) that had slipped timing and chunked the motor. So i bought the car for 400 bucks and right now i am swapping my motor out of the hatch into the sedan. Should be running tomorrow.:D I miss my honda funny enough. That car has been stupid reliable even with 400,000 miles on it LOL. It doesnt even leak or use or burn any oil. That is why i am putting the effort into it.

85boostbox
11-24-2010, 11:56 PM
no i undid the air suspension and installed shelby z springs in the back. Hence why it sits so low in the back and so high in the front. I am going to be getting the eibach kit for the daytona just for the front springs so the car will be low and sitting even.

And R/T i thought that you were going T3. I debated it but decided not too cause i didn't want to hack the harness. I want to try and keep this car to be able to possibly go back to original. Doubt that i will but always the possibility in the far future. Mine is obviously and 88 but i have a vacuum block with a G-valve set to 12. Everything else is stock. My old boss from firestone had a 94 acclaim that he installed aftermarket wheels on and he gave his old tires and wheels. I thought it would look good with the gold accents. And i think it did. but those are not staying on i am actually going to the lace wheels like you.

5sp. mini
11-25-2010, 12:06 AM
i remember R/T first SW had the ford intercooler with the log intake saw you at mopar nats the one year,i drove mine but didnot pay to get in the show.

85boostbox
11-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Well i am hoping to have mine up and running minus paint by SDAC. The move has really made me go broke though so the project is a little on hold. Actually last night my steering column screwed up so now i dont know what to do LOL. Hopefully the honda gets fixed so i can park the wagon.

85boostbox
11-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Pics of the Honda. funny enough it still started and moved and we are working on it over at Alex's grandparents and he restores corvettes and where we had to put the honda was where one if his dead corvettes is at. The honda actually pulled the corvette out of way. Wish i had a video camera at the time. It was sorta the honda's last hurrah LMAO. It was funny.

R/T
11-27-2010, 05:28 PM
i remember R/T first SW had the ford intercooler with the log intake saw you at mopar nats the one year,i drove mine but didnot pay to get in the show.

Those were the days.... :p

5sp. mini
11-27-2010, 05:32 PM
wasn,t it a suck threw then.before the t1 intake?

85boostbox
12-15-2010, 11:12 PM
update head is probably coming off next weekend if not the whole motor

85boostbox
12-15-2010, 11:13 PM
anyone have any spare door panels that are beige. want to get a whole set of the Mark Cross ones but will settle with cloth. I really need the fronts though!!!

Vigo
12-16-2010, 01:33 AM
Did someone say mark cross?!?! http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/drool.gif

85boostbox
12-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Did someone say mark cross?!?! http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/drool.gif

LMAO yea i said Mark Cross but i need them LMAO.

85boostbox
01-08-2011, 03:20 AM
Update: i have decided to go T3. Will be going down after we omve to St. Pete. Have to move due to work. Will get pics and updated when the progress is started.

88wdywoodpecker
04-14-2011, 02:05 AM
update: The poor defenseless wagon is NOT going T3 any time in the near future. I'm currently in the process of removing and reinstalling a starter and neutral safety switch. Going to decide later on what happens to the car.. Might get a rebuild, might get sold. Depends on the funds I end up with and some paperwork. Either way SOMETHING needs to happen and it doesn't look like it will be happening as planned. I'll probably be asking for any advice/help I can get as I'm not so much as talented as ^ with working on things. I can at least say I'm determined :)