PDA

View Full Version : Shelby Charger Silver Stripe

CDNTurboZ
06-25-2006, 10:02 PM
What is the exact measurement(width) for the silver stripe on an 86 shelby charger???

We are measuring mine today (before I start sanding), and it is 29 inches at the front across, then goes to 27, then back to 28, etc. It looks like someone screwed up last time it was painted...

GLHS592
06-25-2006, 10:20 PM
I repainted my car in 2004. I ordered a reverse color decal kit from Positive Impressions. Included in the kit were blueprints showing the decal placement and measurements of the stripe. We laid the stripe out according to the blueprints. When we stood back and looked at it, the stripe on the roof just looked goofy. It was too wide at the front of the roof. I had a 1985 SC parts car at the time and went out to measure the stripe on it. I don't think the car had ever been repainted because the decals were turning blue (like usual) and the paint was peeling like the factory paint does. Anyway, the measurements I took off of that car were off from what the blueprints showed. So, we just eyeballed it off of centerline. It may not be correct, but it's pleasing to the eye.

CDNTurboZ
06-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I repainted my car in 2004. I ordered a reverse color decal kit from Positive Impressions. Included in the kit were blueprints showing the decal placement and measurements of the stripe. We laid the stripe out according to the blueprints. When we stood back and looked at it, the stripe on the roof just looked goofy. It was too wide at the front of the roof. I had a 1985 SC parts car at the time and went out to measure the stripe on it. I don't think the car had ever been repainted because the decals were turning blue (like usual) and the paint was peeling like the factory paint does. Anyway, the measurements I took off of that car were off from what the blueprints showed. So, we just eyeballed it off of centerline. It may not be correct, but it's pleasing to the eye.

thanks for the tip, we are just thinking of eyeballing it as well, and thanks for reminding me about positive impressions, I'll have to shoot him an email as I need decals!!:D

GLHS592
06-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Dave makes great decals. He even sent me a replacement stripe when I banged up the nose and had to repaint an area on it.