PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Heyas All....

Kimonoskunk
11-05-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm in the unfortunate position of looking for another car asap.
My 1987 Plymouth Voyager I was so happy at owning had died on me and wife on the highway, timing belt went, and my landlord mechanic said that the motor was not fixable as the timing belt snapped.

I had to sell my van as salvage yesterday and only got $250 for it, so now i'm looking for another car.

It does not matter if the car is N/A or turbo, as long as the car is driveable for daily work.

I have tags and insurance, and if you have a nice car for sale, I can also do payments.

Reply here, message me, or email me at Kimono.skunk@Gmail.com for contact info, and my phone number.

Kimonoskunk

zin
11-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Just for future reference, our engines are "free spinning" engines, which means that even if the belt breaks, the pistons won't hit the valves as is the case with many Japanese engines (and others)...

So, I hate to say it, but you could have just timed the pulleys and put another belt on it and been on your way...

Mike

JohnnyIroc
11-05-2010, 06:08 PM
yeah there is no way snapping the belt junked your motor...

Juggy
11-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Just for future reference, our engines are "free spinning" engines, which means that even if the belt breaks, the pistons won't hit the valves as is the case with many Japanese engines (and others)...

So, I hate to say it, but you could have just timed the pulleys and put another belt on it and been on your way...

Mike

"non-interference" is the proper term. but yeah...find a new mechanic PRONTO!!!!! :amen:

Kimonoskunk
11-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Oh believe me, I will find a new one.

Now I'm depressed.

zin
11-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Oh believe me, I will find a new one.

Now I'm depressed.

At least you know now where to ask for some advice!

Mike

tsiconquest88
11-05-2010, 11:32 PM
wow i cant believe that friggin guy said that. First off not many 8v heads (NONE i know of maybe there is some on some engines?) is actually an interference engine. But as far as i know since its just one cam there isnt a second cam or 3 or 4 cams for that matter to counter act piston to valve timing with.

BadAssPerformance
11-06-2010, 01:09 AM
wow i cant believe that friggin guy said that. First off not many 8v heads (NONE i know of maybe there is some on some engines?) is actually an interference engine. But as far as i know since its just one cam there isnt a second cam or 3 or 4 cams for that matter to counter act piston to valve timing with.

The SOHC 16V 2.0L neon engines are interference...

87DaytonaPac
11-06-2010, 01:34 AM
If you only sold it yesterday, go see if you can get it back at price + a few bucks for their trouble. Explain the mistake and maybe they'll listen. It might be worth a shot.

tsiconquest88
11-06-2010, 01:42 AM
i thought that motor was dohc????? or is that just the 2.4?

turbovanmanČ
11-06-2010, 01:56 AM
He has a 3.0L and they are free wheelers. Plus infinity on asking for it back and pleading your mechanic needs to be shot.

BadAssPerformance
11-06-2010, 08:01 AM
i thought that motor was dohc????? or is that just the 2.4?

All 16v but:

1G Neon came in both SOHC or DOHC 2.0L
2G Neon are SOHC 2.0L
2G Neon SRT-4 DOHC 2.4L

And interference on all.. 2.0L valve to piston, 2.4L is valve to valve (unless you got cams then the pistons get hit :o)