PDA

View Full Version : laundry list of codes. need help asap!

dusterdude
11-04-2010, 09:28 PM
89 2.5 t1, codes 13, 34, 26, 24.
the code for fuel injector driver circuit has been on for a long time with no issues so i am not worried about that right now. here is the issue. at idle it is revving in between 2k and 3k. after about a minute of idling it dies. sometimes if i break with it in gear it idles at around 1k and sounds lobes like a v8 with a huge cam (sounds sick) ha which makes me think map but then it wouldnt rev high would it? it still revs to redline and builds boost, but anyways i looked over my vacuum lines and map and tps connections and all "look" good. i bypasses the sensor below the map (forgot what its called) and nothing changed. when idling high my vacuum is lower then usual i believe it was around 15 or just below it. few questions i have, what should the map and tps read on an ohm meter, and what are your opinions on the problem. another on the three solenoids by the map sensor what are they? there is some lines not connected over there but all vac lines are capped.

cordes
11-04-2010, 10:39 PM
I think you've got a few gremlins in there. I've yet to run into a MAP which will give a code 13 and the problem isn't somehow vac related.

I've read that a bad TPS will cause high idle problems. There is a decent test procedure here, but it isn't perfect.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/code24.html

butchsuppe
11-06-2010, 01:36 AM
Somethings really weird, with codes for the injectors you'd be experiancing misfiring. I'd be checking for vac leaks, power and grds at the ECU and cleaning ALL connectors with electronic contact cleaner. And of course disconnecting the batt to clear the codes.

turbovanmanČ
11-06-2010, 02:00 PM
I would check and repair all vacuum lines, run the MAP line on its own, clear codes and see what happens.

dusterdude
11-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Ok here is what I have tried so far, ran map vac line to its own source, tried bypassing barom solenoid tried a different map sensor, tried a different tps sensor, and still nothing. and I erased the codes a few times after trying different things, now I also noticed its running really rich a lot of black smoke coming out of exhaust so I think I'm going to use my other fpr, fuel rail harness and swap injectors incase they are leaking maybe. Let's me know any other suggestions.

dusterdude
11-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Replkaced broken ground on intake mani and tightened the ecu plug, idles at about 1300 with about 20 vac. still really rich and I'm assuming because of that it misfires when reved up

cordes
11-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Replkaced broken ground on intake mani and tightened the ecu plug, idles at about 1300 with about 20 vac. still really rich and I'm assuming because of that it misfires when reved up

Check the ign. timing first before you mess with anything now that it is actually running. I would check the fuel pressure too if you have an adjustable reg in there.

dusterdude
11-08-2010, 10:39 PM
i got a stock regulator in it and i think i got all the bugs worked out now, first time since ive owned it that it doesnt have a cel!!! thanks for the help everyone.

cordes
11-09-2010, 12:34 AM
i got a stock regulator in it and i think i got all the bugs worked out now, first time since ive owned it that it doesnt have a cel!!! thanks for the help everyone.

Glad to hear that you have it working now.